Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Military II
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
JDLefebvre


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Posts: 24356
Location: Midway PA /Clovis NM
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:40 am    Post subject: Military II Reply with quote

For the Forums military, past, present and future to discuss their careers, experiences, and answer any questions from those possible recruits.


First version: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=327022
_________________
Stay low boys.... keep those feet moving!


KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant


Last edited by JDLefebvre on Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JDLefebvre


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Posts: 24356
Location: Midway PA /Clovis NM
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rAmFan39 wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
rAmFan39 wrote:
I've got a buddy in Cannon. He hated it at first, but after buying a few guns and an ATV he loves it now. I couldn't imagine PCSing from Florida to Cannon. I am at Kadena, but I think this will be my second and last base. Seeing that you are up there in rank JDL. My deros is in 2016, but like i said the plan as of now is to get out. Will I recieve orders and be able to make my decision off the base given or will I have to tell them I want out and not have the chance to see where I wouldve gone?


What's your date of separation? I can't tell you for certain. Probably depends how close they are. Talk to your Chief and maybe when you're close he can pull some strings and get you the follow on you are hoping for. I know this life isn't for everyone but Its tough losing good young airmen


My DEROS 31 Mar 16 DOS 31 APR 2016. I guess that is what I will have to do. I wouldn't mind staying in, but we recently started a family and are on our second child. I know some people do it, but I don't want to be gone so much and we would like to be closer to our parents for the kids too.


You should definitely know where you might go before you decide to seperate.

What is your AFSC? There are plenty of bases with missions that don't deploy depending on your AFSC. AETC bases like Sheppard, Luke, Keesler, Kirtland, Lackland, Tyndall... AFMC bases like Eglin, Edwards, Nellis, Wright Patterson... IDK what kinda plans you got for if you do get out but I have loved the stability of being in the military and benefits when it comes to families. Its a hard thing to let go of. But I understand your concern with being gone a lot.
_________________
Stay low boys.... keep those feet moving!


KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vikefan79


Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29761
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've got a buddy in Cannon. He hated it at first, but after buying a few guns and an ATV he loves it now. I couldn't imagine PCSing from Florida to Cannon. I am at Kadena, but I think this will be my second and last base. Seeing that you are up there in rank JDL. My deros is in 2016, but like i said the plan as of now is to get out. Will I recieve orders and be able to make my decision off the base given or will I have to tell them I want out and not have the chance to see where I wouldve gone?


I loved Kadena
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JDLefebvre


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Posts: 24356
Location: Midway PA /Clovis NM
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
Quote:
I've got a buddy in Cannon. He hated it at first, but after buying a few guns and an ATV he loves it now. I couldn't imagine PCSing from Florida to Cannon. I am at Kadena, but I think this will be my second and last base. Seeing that you are up there in rank JDL. My deros is in 2016, but like i said the plan as of now is to get out. Will I recieve orders and be able to make my decision off the base given or will I have to tell them I want out and not have the chance to see where I wouldve gone?


I loved Kadena


Kadena doesn't sound too bad... they never had my aircraft so I couldn't go there but now I can cross over to F-15s now that they merged our AFSCs for TSgt above/7-levels... maybe after Cannon.
_________________
Stay low boys.... keep those feet moving!


KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vikefan79


Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29761
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
Quote:
I've got a buddy in Cannon. He hated it at first, but after buying a few guns and an ATV he loves it now. I couldn't imagine PCSing from Florida to Cannon. I am at Kadena, but I think this will be my second and last base. Seeing that you are up there in rank JDL. My deros is in 2016, but like i said the plan as of now is to get out. Will I recieve orders and be able to make my decision off the base given or will I have to tell them I want out and not have the chance to see where I wouldve gone?


I loved Kadena


Kadena doesn't sound too bad... they never had my aircraft so I couldn't go there but now I can cross over to F-15s now that they merged our AFSCs for TSgt above/7-levels... maybe after Cannon.


It's a very busy flightline second to only Luke AFB and AL Udeid AB but your reward is the surrounding area when you are off of work. Amazingly beautiful place with so much to do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LionsFTW


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 18077
Location: Rock City, Arkansas
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do any of you military folk brag about being military in civilian life? If so... I hate you.

I'm partners at work with a guy that's in the Guard, and he brags to everybody about it. I can't stand him!!! He was the type to get bullied in high school, so he feels like he has to let everybody know that he is military. He never lets it go. Would it be wrong of me to just punch him in the temple?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JDLefebvre


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Posts: 24356
Location: Midway PA /Clovis NM
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
It's a very busy flightline second to only Luke AFB and AL Udeid AB but your reward is the surrounding area when you are off of work. Amazingly beautiful place with so much to do.


OK you sold me. Are the 15s staying there for a while? Seems they're getting replaced at most bases.
_________________
Stay low boys.... keep those feet moving!


KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TommyC376


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 10190
Location: Capital Wasteland
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
Do any of you military folk brag about being military in civilian life? If so... I hate you.

I'm partners at work with a guy that's in the Guard, and he brags to everybody about it. I can't stand him!!! He was the type to get bullied in high school, so he feels like he has to let everybody know that he is military. He never lets it go. Would it be wrong of me to just punch him in the temple?


I agree. Don't get me wrong, I respect EVERYONE who is in ANY branch of Miliarty, but come on bro, dont flaunt it or use it to try to make people feel bad, its your decision, you werent drafted into joining the Marines or Natl Guard.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JDLefebvre


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Posts: 24356
Location: Midway PA /Clovis NM
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
Do any of you military folk brag about being military in civilian life? If so... I hate you.
I'm partners at work with a guy that's in the Gu
ard, and he brags to everybody about it. I can't stand him!!! He was the type to get bullied in high school, so he feels like he has to let everybody know that he is military. He never lets it go. Would it be wrong of me to just punch him in the temple?


90% of the people I know, and socialize with in real life are military, and if they are not they are married to or children of military..... so umm no I don't.

I'd say throat, but temple works too! Wink
_________________
Stay low boys.... keep those feet moving!


KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LionsFTW


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 18077
Location: Rock City, Arkansas
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of his things...

"Trust me, I'm military."

G:klsdhAG:KLJSDHG:fshg;ksadh;kljhsad;klga;sdkhnv;afsdl



Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vikefan79


Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29761
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
Do any of you military folk brag about being military in civilian life? If so... I hate you.

I'm partners at work with a guy that's in the Guard, and he brags to everybody about it. I can't stand him!!! He was the type to get bullied in high school, so he feels like he has to let everybody know that he is military. He never lets it go. Would it be wrong of me to just punch him in the temple?


He's guard. 9 times out of 10 they don't know their job and they hide behind their rank when real work needs to be done. Don't be impressed by it. We laughed at those guys when I was active duty.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vikefan79


Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29761
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
It's a very busy flightline second to only Luke AFB and AL Udeid AB but your reward is the surrounding area when you are off of work. Amazingly beautiful place with so much to do.


OK you sold me. Are the 15s staying there for a while? Seems they're getting replaced at most bases.


As far as I know they won't be leaving anytime soon. I know the F22's were supposed to go and eventually replace them there but you see what happened with that program.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JDLefebvre


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Posts: 24356
Location: Midway PA /Clovis NM
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Do any of you military folk brag about being military in civilian life? If so... I hate you.

I'm partners at work with a guy that's in the Guard, and he brags to everybody about it. I can't stand him!!! He was the type to get bullied in high school, so he feels like he has to let everybody know that he is military. He never lets it go. Would it be wrong of me to just punch him in the temple?


He's guard. 9 times out of 10 they don't know their job and they hide behind their rank when real work needs to be done. Don't be impressed by it. We laughed at those guys when I was active duty.


ehh, I worked with a lot of Guard/Reserve units over the years and I was mostly impressed with their maintenance crews. Just saying

And they are usually very rank heavy so you will often see MSgts turning wrenches... at least from my experience.
_________________
Stay low boys.... keep those feet moving!


KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vikefan79


Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29761
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Do any of you military folk brag about being military in civilian life? If so... I hate you.

I'm partners at work with a guy that's in the Guard, and he brags to everybody about it. I can't stand him!!! He was the type to get bullied in high school, so he feels like he has to let everybody know that he is military. He never lets it go. Would it be wrong of me to just punch him in the temple?


He's guard. 9 times out of 10 they don't know their job and they hide behind their rank when real work needs to be done. Don't be impressed by it. We laughed at those guys when I was active duty.


ehh, I worked with a lot of Guard/Reserve units over the years and I was mostly impressed with their maintenance crews. Just saying

And they are usually very rank heavy so you will often see MSgts turning wrenches... at least from my experience.


That must have been nice. We always had to retrain them like they had just come from Tech School.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
billzz


Joined: 24 Apr 2007
Posts: 9302
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gahhh.. i leave for basic on sept 11th..

im really excited

however i broke my jaw playing volleyball at the beach the other week.. evalation said i will be fine and healed before i leave..

only problem is i cannot exercise to the extent that i would like to prepare myself for basic..

i am not in tip top physical shape to begin with.. im not out of shape.. just not where i feel comfortable walking into basic. i am more then ready mentally..

do you think this could damper my performance at basic?

any advice on basic rather then the general google search would be appreciated as well..

thanks in advance i am really looking forward to serving a purpose for my country.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group