Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dez Bryant v Mike Wallace
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will be better from this point on?
Dez Bryant
16%
 16%  [ 10 ]
Mike Wallace
83%
 83%  [ 49 ]
Total Votes : 59

BlackandBlue

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
First of all wallace is not a top 5 WR.

Dez has got scary potential, so if we're talking strictly on the field, im taking Dez. But if not im taking wallace, less of a headcase.

But if Dez ever sorts it out, im taking dez easily.

Yea, he is. Name 5 better WRs.

Wallace wins this by a mile.

Wallace wins easily, but he is not a top 5 WR.

Tron
Fitz
Dre
Roddy White
Jennings

Id put Wallace in the 6-12 range with guys like Marshall, Steve Smith and Wes Welker.

Im a big Wallace guy, but still needs to work on his overall game before he gets up into that elite status.

I'd take Wallace over your last 3 going forward easily. I don't think Andrew will even be top ten by this time next year.
BlaqOptic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
reckless123 wrote:

Dez has got scary potential, so if we're talking strictly on the field, im taking Dez. But if not im taking wallace, less of a headcase.

Tron
Fitz
Dre
Roddy White
Jennings

Id put Wallace in the 6-12 range with guys like Marshall, Steve Smith and Wes Welker.

Im a big Wallace guy, but still needs to work on his overall game before he gets up into that elite status.

After Dre's last year, I'm not so sure. I'll give him a chance to prove that last year was an anomaly before ranking Wallace over him. I'd take Wallace over both White and Jennings.

I can't agree with that assesment at all. I too have Wallace at 6th after the guys 43M listed.

#FireTomlin #FireHaley #FireLeBeau #FireColbert
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not top 5 by any means. So far its been Mike. Dez has the talent to overtake him but its a longshot to happen

Sig courtesy of mack.
Sciz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't like either at all, but this is pretty clearly Wallace right now. I wouldn't want either on my team, though.
iknowcool

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
reckless123 wrote:

Tron
Fitz
Dre
Roddy White
Jennings

After Dre's last year, I'm not so sure. I'll give him a chance to prove that last year was an anomaly before ranking Wallace over him. I'd take Wallace over both White and Jennings.

I can't agree with that assesment at all. I too have Wallace at 6th after the guys 43M listed.

I think I'd put Smith over him too but maybe it is the Carolina in me.

As for the poll? Definitely Wallace.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackandBlue wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
reckless123 wrote:

Tron
Fitz
Dre
Roddy White
Jennings

I'd take Wallace over your last 3 going forward easily. I don't think Andrew will even be top ten by this time next year.

Andrew?

You mean Andre?

If so, can you explain why?

I am a Wallace fan, but I think some are overrating him at this point. He isnt as one dimensional as some make him out to be, but he still is far from a complete player. And while he is probably the best deep threat in the game, I think he would only continue major success if he goes to a team that has an accurate downfield passer.

Wallace IMO is a guy who will rely on a QB to make him look good, as opposed to guys like Fitz and Megatron, who are good enough to make mediocre QBs look better than they are. Not a knock on Wallace, he doesnt have the overall game to adapt. He cant still get better, but Wallace's bulk of production will come from downfield passing. He is never going to be an amazing route runner or a guy who can beat the press consistently.

Wallace can have success elsewhere, but if he just signs with any random team for a big paycheck...you could see his production take a big hit.

Anyway...still hoping the Steelers have a trick up their sleeve, but in all likelihood, Wallace will be playing elsewhere in 2013.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
reckless123

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
reckless123 wrote:

No he isnt top 5,

AJ
CJ
Fitz
Jennings
Nicks
Bowe
Marshall
White

"I'm not in danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
reckless123

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
BlackandBlue wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
reckless123 wrote:

Tron
Fitz
Dre
Roddy White
Jennings

Andrew?

You mean Andre?

If so, can you explain why?

I am a Wallace fan, but I think some are overrating him at this point. He isnt as one dimensional as some make him out to be, but he still is far from a complete player. And while he is probably the best deep threat in the game, I think he would only continue major success if he goes to a team that has an accurate downfield passer.

Wallace IMO is a guy who will rely on a QB to make him look good, as opposed to guys like Fitz and Megatron, who are good enough to make mediocre QBs look better than they are. Not a knock on Wallace, he doesnt have the overall game to adapt. He cant still get better, but Wallace's bulk of production will come from downfield passing. He is never going to be an amazing route runner or a guy who can beat the press consistently.

Wallace can have success elsewhere, but if he just signs with any random team for a big paycheck...you could see his production take a big hit.

Anyway...still hoping the Steelers have a trick up their sleeve, but in all likelihood, Wallace will be playing elsewhere in 2013.

I agree with this 100%. He has gotten better as WR. But c'mon hes not that good to put him top 5.

"I'm not in danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobikus wrote:
RedGreenShow wrote:
Bobikus wrote:
Because they've been in cap hell don't want to/can't give another offensive player premium money.

So you're saying if they weren't in cap hell they would pay him Fitzgerald money?

Fitz money no, but he's worth more than V-Jax is.

Didnt he request "Fitzgerald" money? Thats why he held out isnt it?
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
TheGreatDebater

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
reckless123 wrote:

Wallce easily over Dez but i dont think he is top 5 very close though.

Calvin
Fitz
Andre
Steve Smith
Greg Jennings

these guys have been doing it at a consistent basis for a long time now Wallace is trying to get there.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wallace, Dez is too much a risk.

Hammertime52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers

"We have the Dallas forum"
"We have a Dane"
sputney23

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take Dez if he could clean his act up..He has everything it takes to be a top 5 player

NS922 On the sig
AlexM23

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Close but Wallace just, IMO

Kiltman on the sig
superbelt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedGreenShow wrote:
Why won't they pay him top 5 money then? Curious.
Because they are a smart and tough negotiating team that gets value from their picks.

Just because they have a top 5 WR in Wallace, doesn't mean they feel a need to pay out the ridiculous top 5 WR contracts.
Tony7188

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Wallace has something Dez will never have. PURE SPEED. The fastest player in the League next to Jamaal Charles. He can outrun double coverage or make a play whenever something breaks down.

But Dez has everything else. The ability to beat press coverage, outjump two defenders (ala Fitz or Calvin), break tackles or just make people look foolish on the field.

If I had to choose, I would take Wallace but it would kill me inside lol I just would feel way more confortable paying Mike Wallace big time money over Dez since Dez is likely to get suspended sometime in his career. Also SPEED KILLS.

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: