Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

N. Suh being sued for $1m+
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
The courts are funded by tax payers
Ding Ding Ding. That is it. Like the lady sueing the 11 year old for hitting her with a baseball at a baseball park. My Oregon taxes go top pay a judge $100,000's of dollars to "settle" these. It's dumb.

These along with people abusing the assistance (see MICH lady wanting food stamps despite living in a $1m house) are the reasons we are in such debt.
I'm pretty sure your tax dollars helped to pay for all that damage Suh did to that area by being reckless also.

Suh is the problem here. Without his recklessness, there wouldn't be anything to talk about here.

No doubt Suh screwed up but two wrongs don't make a right.
I guess I'm just irrated by the lack of criticism for Suh's role in this crap. Seems everybody's been jumping on the passengers since day 1, and ignoring the fact that Suh has a problem with recklessness.

If he keeps it up, he'll either seriously injure or kill himself, and/or someone else.

But mistakes are part of life, and just because Suh made a mistake don't mean it's ok for people to take advantage of it.
Very true. Like I said, this is pretty much the exact same thing the NCAA did to Penn State by penalizing them $60M. They took advantage of the situation for their own personal financial gain, and it's not right.

But Suh did this days after the Thanksgiving Day stomp, and then he followed it up by being caught speeding reckelssly through a low speed zone a couple months later. From the day this story was released last year, forum members have been all over these passengers.

Well, the 60$ million penalty to PSU has to go to foundations that help prevent abuse, so the NCAA dosnt gain financially from it. I don't want to get into that whole ordeal, but these scenarios are not the same. Here these people want the personal financial gain, and for a cut and scratch. If Suh forced them to leave the scene of the accident and they had serious injuries that needed to be addressed and affect them still, then maybe the ludacris amount is legit.

I get Suh was immature and screwed up. But he got his share of negative criticism when this happened. And although it hasn't been that long, Suh has kept himself out of trouble and the negative spot light since. Maybe the incidents alone were enough of a wake up call.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
stylish313

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
Ding Ding Ding. That is it. Like the lady sueing the 11 year old for hitting her with a baseball at a baseball park. My Oregon taxes go top pay a judge $100,000's of dollars to "settle" these. It's dumb.

These along with people abusing the assistance (see MICH lady wanting food stamps despite living in a $1m house) are the reasons we are in such debt.
I'm pretty sure your tax dollars helped to pay for all that damage Suh did to that area by being reckless also.

Suh is the problem here. Without his recklessness, there wouldn't be anything to talk about here.

I guess I'm just irrated by the lack of criticism for Suh's role in this crap. Seems everybody's been jumping on the passengers since day 1, and ignoring the fact that Suh has a problem with recklessness.

If he keeps it up, he'll either seriously injure or kill himself, and/or someone else.

But mistakes are part of life, and just because Suh made a mistake don't mean it's ok for people to take advantage of it.
Very true. Like I said, this is pretty much the exact same thing the NCAA did to Penn State by penalizing them $60M. They took advantage of the situation for their own personal financial gain, and it's not right.

But Suh did this days after the Thanksgiving Day stomp, and then he followed it up by being caught speeding reckelssly through a low speed zone a couple months later. From the day this story was released last year, forum members have been all over these passengers.

Well, the 60$ million penalty to PSU has to go to foundations that help prevent abuse, so the NCAA dosnt gain financially from it. I don't want to get into that whole ordeal, but these scenarios are not the same. Here these people want the personal financial gain, and for a cut and scratch. If Suh forced them to leave the scene of the accident and they had serious injuries that needed to be addressed and affect them still, then maybe the ludacris amount is legit.

I get Suh was immature and screwed up. But he got his share of negative criticism when this happened. And although it hasn't been that long, Suh has kept himself out of trouble and the negative spot light since. Maybe the incidents alone were enough of a wake up call.
1. I never heard that about the $60M penalty. If that's the case, then I side with the NCAA on that one.

2. Part of my frustration was that in this forum, Suh didn't recieve that much criticism. Posters immediately jumped on the passengers. At least, that's how I remember it.
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:

1. I never heard that about the $60M penalty. If that's the case, then I side with the NCAA on that one.

2. Part of my frustration was that in this forum, Suh didn't recieve that much criticism. Posters immediately jumped on the passengers. At least, that's how I remember it.

That's how you remember it. In fact, most people didn't jump on the passengers, I have stated that the only part I didn't like was the accusation that Suh denied the woman medical treatment. She left the scene of the crash of her own accord. And it was her story that changed after the fact.

Suh was a moron and crashed his car. Not his first accident. He needs to cut it out. My issue is with this one woman who seems to be trying to use the incident for her own personal gain.

Sig by Smack

2014 ADOPT-A-LION: DEVIN TAYLOR
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure the forum jumped all over Suh.

Team Stylish
Laimbrane

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
The people that were in the accident fled the scene and were not seen again until the came our like a week after the accident.

This.

It certainly is fishy, but have you thought about what you would do if you were a 120-130 pound woman, in a car accident and probably hurt, and freaking 6'4", 300 pound Ndamukong Suh looks at you and says something along the lines of "get the f*** out of here?"

What if he told her to leave and that he would take care of her, but then never paid her bills or anything?

We don't know the whole story, and judging it based on the scraps of the truth that we do know isn't fair to anyone involved.
stylish313

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laimbrane wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
The people that were in the accident fled the scene and were not seen again until the came our like a week after the accident.

This.

It certainly is fishy, but have you thought about what you would do if you were a 120-130 pound woman, in a car accident and probably hurt, and freaking 6'4", 300 pound Ndamukong Suh looks at you and says something along the lines of "get the f*** out of here?"

What if he told her to leave and that he would take care of her, but then never paid her bills or anything?

We don't know the whole story, and judging it based on the scraps of the truth that we do know isn't fair to anyone involved.
This is true, and I can definitely see both sides POV. I just tend to be more critical of the guy who did this just a couple of days after stomping somebody on national television, and ruining my Thanksgiving.

Here's the articles pertaining to the accident itself on Dec. 3rd: http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2011/12/3/2608165/ndamukong-suh-car-accident-portland
And when the passengers changed the police report two days later Dec. 5th: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Passengers-Ndamukong-Suh-lied-about-car-acciden?urn=nfl-wp13295

So once again, when I see everyone immediately jumping on the passengers and deflecting attention from Suh, making up things such as:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:

This.
When in-fact it was two days later......

And then he was caught speeding , 91mph in a 55 mph zone.......just another reason I'd question his character before I deflect attention from him.

Also, I searched every Suh thread to check the forum's vibe at the time of the incident, very difficult to find any criticism towards it besides myself and a couple others.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: