Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How good can the Marshall/Jefferey tandem become?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raq11

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
SDBEARSfan wrote:
Super psyched to see Marshall. Still think opposing teams could line up a DT against Jeffery in terms of speed, but we'll see.
a 4.38 40 says much differently

using his combine numbers, not pro day...

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=487994&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raq11 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
SDBEARSfan wrote:
Super psyched to see Marshall. Still think opposing teams could line up a DT against Jeffery in terms of speed, but we'll see.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=487994&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
That'd be a neat trick, he didn't do a darn thing at the combine but go thru medical and interview.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
raq11

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
raq11 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
SDBEARSfan wrote:

That'd be a neat trick, he didn't do a darn thing at the combine but go thru medical and interview.

hmm why did I think he ran the 40 and did nothing else, maybe I'm thinking of someone else. Anyway, I guess that's his pro day then, regardless
raq11

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackmon did the reps and left, that's what I was thinking of. Like I said, points still to be made with that post
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
GRRLacher wrote:
Badger75 wrote:
If Marshall and Jeffrey turn out to be as good as Jeff Graham and Curtis Conway were for two seasons, that should do it. Or Bobby Engram and Conway and Marcus Robinson and Marty Booker. Or Johnny Morris and Mike Ditka and Gale Sayers... Wink
None of those WRs are on Marshall's level. And I am leaning towards Jeffrey being a surprise OROY candidate...have to wait and see what he does in preseason, and he should get a good amount of reps...but I think he is going to impress, not just in preseason, but in the real season.

Barring a catastrophic season, OROY is Luck/RGIII's to lose.

I disagree. I think Richardson has a better chance than either QB. I don't care if Jeffery wins any awards. I care far more about him dunking the ball through the goal posts after touchdown grabs. Cool
TRich will be forcefed the ball b/c of the lack of QB, but make no mistake OROY will be either Luck or RG3, unless another player has a record breaking type season.

Maybe. RG3 has a better shot IMO than Luck with a better supporting cast. Richardson will have a rookie QB, a suspect passing game around him and no real competition for carries which means he's in line for a Forte-like rookie season, but with better goal line skills. 1750 total yards and 10 TD in that offense is far from far fetched for him this year IMO (which is lofty but he is a stud RB and they have little else), and if he does that I think the QBs might need a Newton type of rookie season to top him.
Woaahhhh!!! AP didn't come into the league w/ those kind of numbers, I think 1200 yards and 8 TDs sounds about right for TRich. I'll agree that RG3 has the better supporting cast (I also think he's the better player but that's neither here nor there) but all Luck will have to do is put up slightly below average #s this year to win ROY b/c of his hype. Hell if his team goes 3-13 (and the colts very well might) all they'll be doing is comparing him to Peyton Manning.

My Richardson projection was total yards, not rush yards. He is a good receiver too.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
ayt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pool wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:
raq11 wrote:
Moss/Carter with the Vikings.

No Laughing

Moss is a freak athlete that could outrun and out jump anyone and catch anything. Carter had freak hands.

Marshall is a beast, but often has a problem dropping the ball and isn't that fast. Jeffery isn't going to be as good as carter.

Jeffrey has the potential to be Carter on crack. Carter was a decent WR who played a long time and accumulated stats. His most prolific years was as #2 WR with the Vikings. That pretty much sums it up imo.

Look at his seasons from 1993-1997. 1994 and 1995 in particular were huge seasons. Moss' first year was 1998.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CartCr00.htm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: