Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

SoS's Fantasy Questions: Cincinnati Bengals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: SoS's Fantasy Questions: Cincinnati Bengals Reply with quote

How's it going guys!? I'm sure many of you know me as the rambunctious Seattle homer that posts way too much.

Well in my spare time during this time of the season I usually run a Fantasy Football Advice thread for those of you that are into that kinda thing. Check out the 2012 thread I'll be making soon!

Anyways, I just had a few questions to ensure that I'm not ignorant with any advice I provide this offseason. That's why I've come up with a batch of clarifying questions for all 32 teams and getting my facts straight. Thanks to everyone that helps in advance!

Questions
1. Good to hear Sanu signed! Do we think he becomes the #2 WR right off the bat this season and, if so, what kind of production are we expecting from him? Worth it to own him on a fantasy team?

2. The Law Firm is the new man in the backfield rumor tells me. He's more of a TD vulture than a true #1 back IMO so can we expect to see similar production that Cedric Benson put up in Cincy? If not, is any back on this team worth owning?

3. What are the chances that either Andy Dalton or Jermaine Gresham blow up this season?
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres a good chance Sanu starts Week 1 opposite AJ Green. As far as fantasy value goes, id say there isn't much to be had. He will be a reception beast (i can see him catch 60+ balls easy) but i don't see him putting up more than 700 yards and 5 TDs. The way i see it, Dalton will throw 20-26 TDs. 10 will go to Green, probably 8 or 9 will go to Gresham (red zone guy), and the remaining TDs will be pretty evenly distributed between the #2 WR and Shipley.

Gresham is a nice sleeper pick though, just because of how many TD's i expect him to catch. AJ will get tons of attention, Gresham and the #2 WR (probably Sanu) will get many of 1 vs. 1 opportunities.

As for the running game, we are going with a committee in the backfield. I expect carries to be pretty evenly distributed. But if i had to choose, BJGE will get the majority of TDs.

In summary, if you are looking for a sleeper on the Bengals, Gresham is your guy. He is undoubtedly the #2 target in this offence and should put up sneaky good numbers. Also, this is the first time in Gresham's career he will get more than 1 full offseason learning an offensive system. Rumor has it he has had some difficulty learning the playbook so this offseason should help him tremendously. He has all the talent you look for in a TE, he's got the opportunity to make a big splash this year.

PS - It is a really good idea to store Scott on your bench this year. If BJGE goes down, he's carrying the workload. He's also in a contract year so he's gonna be running his [inappropriate/removed] off.
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RedGreenShow hit the nail on the head. B. Scott actually stole some goal line carries from Benson despite Benson's size advantage. Like the Law Firm, B. Scott has good vision in the red zone so I don't think BJGE will score as many TD's as he did in New England.

I will say though I'm interested in seeing the new Power side of the O-Line. Andre Smith is in the best shape he's ever been and Zeitler is a mauler in the run game.

Green and Gresham should be #1 and #2 in terms of Fantasy. Dalton is facing a tougher schedule and adjusting to new targets (Sanu and Shipley), so while I think he'll put up decent numbers, I'm not expecting more than 26 TD's as RedGreenShow pointed out already...

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.
sparky151

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mostly agree with the above. IMO the main change on the offense are the upgrades at both guard positions and going to a committee at WR2. So Sanu is probably not worth a roster spot. Gresham should have nice TE numbers. BJGE should have around 1000 yrds and 10-12 TDs. Dalton will have plenty of options so he'd be a great QB3 and a decent QB2 for a fantasy team.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all of you that helped. Two more questions. Do you think Green moves into the upper-echelon of top 5 WRs this season and why/why not?
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to say YES, but I'm not sure how much of that is a homer response. Most likely he'll be in the 5-10 range WR wise.

I see the numbers he put up last season and I think he left a lot out on the field (stats wise). Dalton under throwing him, injuries (Half of the Steelers game, Baltimore game, half of the Rams game) and poor route running. Dalton should be better at throwing the deep ball to Green this season (Granted it's one of those I'll believe it when I see it situations) and his route running should be better. He has a full offseason now to work on the playbook and his routes. The other thing is our O-Line is improved. If Dalton can get some more time back there, that should only help Green...

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.
sparky151

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green may be top 10 but probably won't be top 5 in fantasy points. While he's a major talent the Bengals are probably not going to throw for 4000 yrds and 35 TDs. If Dalton has say 3500 and 26, then Green's share might be something like 1200 and 9.
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky151 wrote:
Green may be top 10 but probably won't be top 5 in fantasy points. While he's a major talent the Bengals are probably not going to throw for 4000 yrds and 35 TDs. If Dalton has say 3500 and 26, then Green's share might be something like 1200 and 9.

I'd agree with that. Green's production will obviously be tied very closely to the QB play. Just like Calvin Johnson in Det. Until Stafford took that big step forward, Calvin had pretty average #1 WR stats.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it sounds like you guys expect more of a committee at RB than BJGE being a feature guy. What kind of numbers do you expect from him? Is 1000 rushing yards and 7-8 TDs feasible or will Scott steal more carries than normal?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd expect him to break 10 TDs. The carries in the red zone will be almost exclusively his.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beck Bristow wrote:
I'd expect him to break 10 TDs. The carries in the red zone will be almost exclusively his.

This, but I wouldn't expect over 1000 yards.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BJGE should get more than 1000 yds and will probably get 10-12 TDs. The Bengals have made an effort to upgrade both guard positions on the O-line and I think it will show up in the running game generally and short yardage in particular.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: