Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jared Crick?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Texansfan713


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 31223
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if anybody knew but Tim Bulman signed with the Patriots 2 days ago. Crick will be given every op to get snaps as a backup DE with Tim Jamison. Can't wait to see him play for us!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 5032
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
Not sure if anybody knew but Tim Bulman signed with the Patriots 2 days ago. Crick will be given every op to get snaps as a backup DE with Tim Jamison. Can't wait to see him play for us!


Ya but how much things does our 4th string DE really get? I vaguely remember Bullman getting much of any PT except for special teams.
_________________

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
62 tot, 2 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EliteTexan80


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 38168
Location: Three time Mr. fanTASTic!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
Not sure if anybody knew but Tim Bulman signed with the Patriots 2 days ago. Crick will be given every op to get snaps as a backup DE with Tim Jamison. Can't wait to see him play for us!


Ya but how much things does our 4th string DE really get? I vaguely remember Bullman getting much of any PT except for special teams.


I think it behooves the Texans to get more of a rotation in this season. Last year, the depth we had was pretty bad at the DL. Jamison, Bulman doesn't exactly fill anyone with confidence. We had to give a LOT of repos to Watt and Smith. It worked out - neither got hurt - but that can change with consistent beatings that a DL takes.

We now have a young guy who is somebody we have plans for further down the line. It would behoove us to get him in early, let him start working some snaps and see what we get out of him.
_________________


vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
texansfan


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 5620
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
Not sure if anybody knew but Tim Bulman signed with the Patriots 2 days ago. Crick will be given every op to get snaps as a backup DE with Tim Jamison. Can't wait to see him play for us!


Ya but how much things does our 4th string DE really get? I vaguely remember Bullman getting much of any PT except for special teams.


I think it behooves the Texans to get more of a rotation in this season. Last year, the depth we had was pretty bad at the DL. Jamison, Bulman doesn't exactly fill anyone with confidence. We had to give a LOT of repos to Watt and Smith. It worked out - neither got hurt - but that can change with consistent beatings that a DL takes.

We now have a young guy who is somebody we have plans for further down the line. It would behoove us to get him in early, let him start working some snaps and see what we get out of him.


I think this is a record for number of times using the term 'behoove' in a single post.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group