Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Anything (Non-Lions) Thread: Castellanos=MVP Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stylish313

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
A breakout year? Give me a break. The real Berry showed up tonight

Why is this game the "real" Berry? Why are all of his good performances the exceptions, and the occasional 1/5 outing the rule?

Tonight was on par with his career numbers
In-case you guys didn't look it up, yeah, detfan is full of it. 1 for 5 is not on-par with Berry's career minor league numbers, so he is just spewing straight BS.

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=450641

Simple stats. Try fan graphs were it has extended stats. Now I understand y people think he is good. Using basic stats is like 10 years ago. Modern day extended stats show more
You never answered my question. Do you watch the Tigers often, or at all?
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We killed this thread pretty fast.
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
detfan782004

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
A breakout year? Give me a break. The real Berry showed up tonight

Why is this game the "real" Berry? Why are all of his good performances the exceptions, and the occasional 1/5 outing the rule?

Tonight was on par with his career numbers
In-case you guys didn't look it up, yeah, detfan is full of it. 1 for 5 is not on-par with Berry's career minor league numbers, so he is just spewing straight BS.

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=450641

Simple stats. Try fan graphs were it has extended stats. Now I understand y people think he is good. Using basic stats is like 10 years ago. Modern day extended stats show more
You never answered my question. Do you watch the Tigers often, or at all?

All the time. Just not with homer shades like u all

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
DrRay11

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think anybody is suggesting we use Berry as a pillar on which to build long-term, but rather just to let him contribute while he's actively a big building block of our winning streak.

Ultimately, "the real Berry" is the one that's out there every day, helping put wins together for the club. Do I expect it to last? No, but I'm absolutely welcome to the occasional surprise.

Think of Chris Shelton. Wisely, we acquired Sean Casey down the stretch, but he was a huge component of our early wins in 2006.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell, I'm being called a homer and told I'm overrating Berry just because I said he's more valuable than Kelly and Rayburn.

Detfan is the only one here who is taking things to the extreme, and being completely unreasonable.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
Hell, I'm being called a homer and told I'm overrating Berry just because I said he's more valuable than Kelly and Rayburn.

Detfan is the only one here who is taking things to the extreme, and being completely unreasonable.

I am only one?

I saw someone wanting 4-5 years out of Berry.

Too funny

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Jrugges

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:

This is why I stopped our converstation. Not because he had a different view point, but because it kept running along into other things.

The main point and only point is Berry is fine for this year vs going out and giving up something for an OF, especailly the ones being named(Pence/Victorino). Tigers likely have their future RF in Castellanos. Even if Berry cooled off a outfiled of Dirks/Jackson/Boesch isn't terrible.
Jrugges

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

I am only one?

Too funny

Again go back and read and he said if Berry continued this type of production for 4-5 years he'd be very happy.

Being unreasonable and taking it to the extreme. Heres the quote.

DrRay11 wrote:
Jrugges wrote:
An everyone that keeps waiting for Berry to fail says the same stuff but fails to achknowledge he's prolly been our 2nd best OF player since joining the club.

If we somehow squeeze 4-5 years of this kind of production out of Berry (bringing him to age 32-33 or what have you), then I'm a very happy camper. Jackson/Berry are making for a very legitimate 1-2 punch... then of course you have the big fellas.

Last edited by Jrugges on Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
detfan782004

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrugges wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

This is why I stopped our converstation. Not because he had a different view point, but because it kept running along into other things.

The main point and only point is Berry is fine for this year vs going out and giving up something for an OF, especailly the ones being named(Pence/Victorino). Tigers likely have their future RF in Castellanos. Even if Berry cooled off a outfiled of Dirks/Jackson/Boesch isn't terrible.

Castellanos is OF of the future? Dude hasnt even shown he can play there yet

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Jrugges

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Jrugges wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

http://www.freep.com/article/20120727/SPORTS02/307270205/Al-Kaline-the-right-coach-for-Tigers-top-prospect-Nick-Castellanos?odyssey=mod%7Cnewswell%7Ctext%7CSports%7Cs

Quote:
Castellanos, the Tigers' top prospect, was moved to the outfield from third base two weeks ago so he'd have somewhere to play when he gets to Detroit. Miguel Cabrera is entrenched at third base.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrugges wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Jrugges wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

http://www.freep.com/article/20120727/SPORTS02/307270205/Al-Kaline-the-right-coach-for-Tigers-top-prospect-Nick-Castellanos?odyssey=mod%7Cnewswell%7Ctext%7CSports%7Cs

Quote:
Castellanos, the Tigers' top prospect, was moved to the outfield from third base two weeks ago so he'd have somewhere to play when he gets to Detroit. Miguel Cabrera is entrenched at third base.

I know they moved him there. Not stupid. I read the news.

My point remains. He has not shown he can even play there yet.

Thanks for proving nothing yet again.

I am sorry I would rather upgrade a career minor league guy over and rather then wait on a prospect who is 2 years away and has yet to even really play the position.

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
stylish313

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrugges wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

I am only one?

Too funny

Again go back and read and he said if Berry continued this type of production for 4-5 years he'd be very happy.

DrRay11 wrote:
Jrugges wrote:
An everyone that keeps waiting for Berry to fail says the same stuff but fails to achknowledge he's prolly been our 2nd best OF player since joining the club.

If we somehow squeeze 4-5 years of this kind of production out of Berry (bringing him to age 32-33 or what have you), then I'm a very happy camper. Jackson/Berry are making for a very legitimate 1-2 punch... then of course you have the big fellas.
Yep, once again we see who's lacking in the reading and comprehension department
detfan782004

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
Jrugges wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

I am only one?

Too funny

DrRay11 wrote:
Jrugges wrote:

Yep, once again we see who's lacking in the reading and comprehension department

Not lacking. Simply live in reality while you all live in some fantasy. If they do no upgrade OF they will not be going to the World Series. Simple as that

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
detfan782004

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then everyone keeps talking about how good his defense is and thats funny

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=9414&position=OF

His fielding is actually the component hurting his WAR

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100
Page 100 of 100

Jump to: