Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks working out B- Easy (Braylon Edwards)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Seahawks working out B- Easy (Braylon Edwards) Reply with quote

Quote:
Braylon Edwards working out for Seahawks
Free agent WR Braylon Edwards is working out for the Seahawks on Thursday.
Seattle is looking at other veteran receivers as well, which isn't a good sign for Golden Tate's chances at carving out fantasy value opposite Sidney Rice. This is Edwards' first reported workout since the start of free agency, which suggests he's finally turned the corner in his rehab of a knee injury that has plagued him since last season.
Source: Jason LaCanfora on Twitter

I'd love to see this if his workout goes well. We have very little depth at the flanker position and Edwards definitely possess the, height, weight, speed, that we would look for to fill Rice's position if he got hurt.

"We all we got, we all we need"
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Seahawks working out B- Easy (Braylon Edwards) Reply with quote

outside_Insider wrote:
Quote:
Seattle is looking at other veteran receivers as well, which isn't a good sign for Golden Tate's chances at carving out fantasy value opposite Sidney Rice. This is Edwards' first reported workout since the start of free agency, which suggests he's finally turned the corner in his rehab of a knee injury that has plagued him since last season.

I'd love to see this if his workout goes well. We have very little depth at the flanker position and Edwards definitely possess the, height, weight, speed, that we would look for to fill Rice's position if he got hurt.

B- Easy? More like "Butterfingers McGee". He drops more easy passes than any receiver I've seen in a long time. I we're gonna work someone out, I'd rather have Plaxico Burress. I still think he can be an effective receiver.
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Seahawks working out B- Easy (Braylon Edwards) Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
outside_Insider wrote:
Quote:

B- Easy? More like "Butterfingers McGee". He drops more easy passes than any receiver I've seen in a long time. I we're gonna work someone out, I'd rather have Plaxico Burress. I still think he can be an effective receiver.

Yeah, dropping passes B-Easy... haha

The thing about Edwards is that he has more skill than most WRs in the league, he's an underachiever with confidence issues. I would say PC bring the best out of underachievers with confidence issues. He was terrible last year in a terrible offense (for WRs), but he's only 1 year removed from a 900 yard 7 TD season with the Jets. You have to admit, while he does drop the ball he is a big receive that we need with big play potential.

"We all we got, we all we need"
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting. If anyone can motivate him to get back on the pony it's Pete. I could feasibly see Edwards as our #2 this year considering the departure of Mike Williams. I don't think the team wants to put Doug on the outside.
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though I like our WR corp, I say, The more the merrier. Bring Edwards in for the workout and if he impresses sign him to a 1yr deal. Edwards does drop passes, but BMW dropped passes as well, Flynn will need all the weapons he can get this season.

Bruce Irvin= Sacks: 4-1/2, Tackles: 5, FF: 1

Golden Tate= Rec: 10, Yds: 144, Avg: 14.4, TD: 3
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOEJOE wrote:
Even though I like our WR corp, I say, The more the merrier. Bring Edwards in for the workout and if he impresses sign him to a 1yr deal. Edwards does drop passes, but BMW dropped passes as well, Flynn will need all the weapons he can get this season.

I like this potential addition more than the Antonio Bryant one.
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
JOEJOE wrote:

I agree, Edwards has 'big play' ability and if his knee holds up he could really open some holes for the running. Rice, Edwards on the outside and Baldwin,Winslow,Miller on the inside with Lynch,Turbin carrying the ball, On paper this looks really good.

klyon7634

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
JOEJOE wrote:

absolutely...Braylon could turn out to be a nice pickup if we sign him and he stays healthy. I believe Baldwin would be more effective in the slot.

Rice
Edwards
Baldwin
Tate
Lockette
Miller
Winslow

Flynn will have alot of weapons to throw to.

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Seahawks working out B- Easy (Braylon Edwards) Reply with quote

outside_Insider wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
outside_Insider wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, dropping passes B-Easy... haha

The thing about Edwards is that he has more skill than most WRs in the league, he's an underachiever with confidence issues. I would say PC bring the best out of underachievers with confidence issues. He was terrible last year in a terrible offense (for WRs), but he's only 1 year removed from a 900 yard 7 TD season with the Jets. You have to admit, while he does drop the ball he is a big receive that we need with big play potential.

It's not a confidence thing with Braylon, it's that he just isn't that much into football. I remember seeing an interview with him a few years back and they asked him about the distractions in his life. He kinda blew it off and went on and on about his modeling career. To me, that's not the kinda guy you want on your team.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still say Plaxico is the best free agent option out there.
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Re: Seahawks working out B- Easy (Braylon Edwards) Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
It's not a confidence thing with Braylon, it's that he just isn't that much into football. I remember seeing an interview with him a few years back and they asked him about the distractions in his life. He kinda blew it off and went on and on about his modeling career. To me, that's not the kinda guy you want on your team.

A lot of people said the same thing about BMW before he came here.

Believe it or not, Pete can get the most out of just about any player you put on the roster, and that includes Edwards. Plax is less talented and much older than Edwards, So how is Plax the better option?

SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's think about this chronologically.

Edwards was one of the best receivers in the league in 2007 (IIRC) and was considered a bonafide top 10 guy.

Derek Anderson starts reverting back to Derek Anderson and Braylon doesn't see the same targets he did in '07.

He's traded to the Jets where he's considered second fiddle for the first time in his career and has another mediocre QB throwing him the ball. Jets fans actually loved him but he was let go because he was looking for too much money apparently with his injury to boot.

San Fran picks him up with that injury but according to reports it still nagged him to start the year so he saw very little reps. The 49ers found success and decided not to fix what wasn't broken.

He leaves San Fran, ego bruised, finally healed from injury, having not played with a good QB since '07.

The Braylon Edwards of old is still in there somewhere. Like JoeJoe said, if anyone can get that young, exuberant Braylon out, it's Pete.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Re: Seahawks working out B- Easy (Braylon Edwards) Reply with quote

JOEJOE wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:

Believe it or not, Pete can get the most out of just about any player you put on the roster, and that includes Edwards. Plax is less talented and much older than Edwards, So how is Plax the better option?

There is a big difference, between what BMW was (uncommitted) and what Edwards has been (uninterested). It's two totally different things. You can sometimes turn someone around, who likes what they are doing, but is uncommitted to doing the things necessary to succeed. It is far harder to turn someone around who just isn't that "into", what they are doing for a living and is only in it as a platform to their real interest.

I totally disagree that Plaxico is less talented than Edwards. I think Plaxico is loads more talented than Edwards. Plaxico was near the top of his game, when he was sent to prison. For the time he was gone, he was basically taking it easy. He didn't get the day to day wear and tear on his body that playing football would've caused, to he had time to heal some nagging injuries. That's why I believe the difference in age wouldn't matter. Neither Burress or Edwards are gonna be stars at this point in their careers, but I believe Plaxico has more upside.

Last edited by TheOsprey on Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:45 am    Post subject: Re: Seahawks working out B- Easy (Braylon Edwards) Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
JOEJOE wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:

There is a big difference, between what BMW was (uncommitted) and what Edwards has been (uninterested). It's two totally different things. You can sometimes turn someone around, who likes what they are doing, but is uncommitted to doing the things necessary to succeed. It is far harder to turn someone around who just isn't that "into", what they are doing for a living and is only in it as a platform to their real interest.
You're just making stuff up imo Laughing

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:53 am    Post subject: Re: Seahawks working out B- Easy (Braylon Edwards) Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
JOEJOE wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:

You're just making stuff up imo Laughing

How is this making stuff up? The knock on BMW before he got here, was that he would always get out of shape and wasn't the hardest worker in the world. That is a fact. It was his reputation. As far as Edwards, I sat there and watched the interview he did, where he said, modeling was his first love and he had dreams of going into acting someday. That was a fact. He said it and it was on television.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: