Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DS's RDE college watch list for the Browns.
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:19 am    Post subject: DS's RDE college watch list for the Browns. Reply with quote

My thought are, as it stands right now the Browns top 2 needs are.
#1 existing need, a Franchise Pass Rusher at RDE. #2 A cornerback to pair with Haden

Somebody that actually scares LT's and O-coordinators and that they have to game plan for would be transformitive to this defense IMO.

First let me start with the Hardest 6 prospects to rate. I say that becase they are on only 3 teams in duo's. Because they are in duo's they will not face double teams as much because that would leave the other side uncovered. And personally I like to see a guy face double teams and beat them.

In no certain order lets start with LSU's dynamic duo. *=Jun =**Soph

Sam Montgomery*, DE/OLB, LSU
Height: 6-4. Weight: 245.
Projected 40 Time: 4.61.

Barkevious Mingo*, DE/OLB, LSU
Height: 6-5. Weight: 240.
Projected 40 Time: 4.60.

Then there is Fla St's dynamic duo.

Bjourn Werner, DE, Florida State
Height: 6-4. Weight: 273.
Projected 40 Time: 4.74.

Brandon Jenkins, DE/OLB, Florida State
Height: 6-3. Weight: 250.
Projected 40 Time: 4.67.

And lastly is the Texas dynamic duo.

Alex Okafor, DE, Texas
Height: 6-4. Weight: 260.
Projected 40 Time: 4.73.

Jackson Jeffcoat*, DE, Texas
Height: 6-5. Weight: 250.
Projected 40 Time: 4.70.

Now everybody else.

William Gholston*, DE, Michigan State
Height: 6-7. Weight: 275.
Projected 40 Time: 4.75.

Michael Buchanan, DE/OLB, Illinois
Height: 6-6. Weight: 240.

John Simon, DE, Ohio State
Height: 6-2. Weight: 260.

Jarvis Jones*, DE/OLB, Georgia
Height: 6-2. Weight: 242.
Projected 40 Time: 4.50.

Corey Lemonier*, DE/OLB, Auburn
Height: 6-4. Weight: 240.

Devin Taylor, DE/OLB, South Carolina
Height: 6-7. Weight: 248.
Projected 40 Time: 4.69.

Ron Powell*, DE/OLB, Florida
Height: 6-4. Weight: 248.
Projected 40 Time: 4.59.

Aaron Donald*, DE/OLB, Pittsburgh
Height: 6-0. Weight: 270.

Damontre Moore*, DE/OLB, Texas A&M
Height: 6-4. Weight: 245.

Stansly Maponga**, DE/OLB, TCU
Height: 6-2. Weight: 265.
Projected 40 Time: 4.75.

Margus Hunt, DE, SMU
Height: 6-8. Weight: 275.

Wes Horton, DE, USC
Height: 6-5. Weight: 260.

If now of the Juniors declares which I would find hard to believe there are still 7 seniors that should put up significant numbers barring injury. Am I missing possibly a top performer, yes but I am using a used crystal ball and old tea leaves, Razz as I am projecting from last season. Lastly this is a WATCH list in who to watch out for if you like during your Saturdays this fall if you are looking for future potential Browns.

edit: I can't seem to reduce the pic size correctly. A little help please.

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
cattleman78

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now the 2013 draft looks loaded with quaility def. ends.

Been reading the Brown's really like Buster Skrine's chances of starting next year.

I think def. end will either be a 1st or 3rd. round pick. The other could be corner, safety or o.l.b. depending on how our young players pan out at those positions.

The way Heckert drafts though you never know. He may see a hidden gem at say def. end in the 4th or 5th round.

My 6 pick draft right now would include def. end,corner and o.l.b. than safety, a tight end and o.t. later. Depends on free agency of course.

With so many good def. ends in next years draft will a player like Cliff Avril of Detroit get a big contract or will the Lions let him go and draft a def. end.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
bulldog

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cattleman78 wrote:
Right now the 2013 draft looks loaded with quaility def. ends.

Been reading the Brown's really like Buster Skrine's chances of starting next year.

I think def. end will either be a 1st or 3rd. round pick. The other could be corner, safety or o.l.b. depending on how our young players pan out at those positions.

The way Heckert drafts though you never know. He may see a hidden gem at say def. end in the 4th or 5th round.

My 6 pick draft right now would include def. end,corner and o.l.b. than safety, a tight end and o.t. later. Depends on free agency of course.

With so many good def. ends in next years draft will a player like Cliff Avril of Detroit get a big contract or will the Lions let him go and draft a def. end.

I don't really like the DE class coming up. To me, there isn't many 1st rounders. Theres a few guys with huge potential, but it doesn't show up on the field yet.

Of course, that can change.
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there are likely to be 3-4 1st rounders from this list at a minimum next spring IMO, bulldawg. There are also 7 Seniors on the list so it should be at minimum be deep in population.

Marky

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's just hold off on a DE till this guy declares.

If I wanted a guy from this list, it's either John Simon or Jackson Jeffcoat.

XBL-theUrbanator69
Student @ smww.com
Twitter: @draft4mark
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Tyrann Mathieu is going to have more of an impact than any defensive player in the draft this year. I also firmly believe he is going to fall because I don't believe he is even as tall as listed, maybe even sub 5'8. The guy, however, can ball out and will have a Troy P like impact on whatever defense he lands. I'm going to hold out hope we can steal him this draft. I don't even care what the rest of the draft looks like next year as long as T-Rich, Gordon, Little, Weeden and JMJ pan out and we land Mathieu.

I do really like the LSU duo and Jackson Jeffcoat if we do the RE thing. Can't go wrong with a force pass rushing DE either.

See everyone opening Sunday maybe even squeeze in some time on the board during one of the preseason games. Later.

Jamison on the sig
pnies20

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well since we're going to be picking in the 20s I say we take Werner Razz

MINGO ATE YO BABY!
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marky wrote:
Let's just hold off on a DE till this guy declares.

If I wanted a guy from this list, it's either John Simon or Jackson Jeffcoat.

The reason I didn't include Clowny is he is a sophomore. The other sophomore I included is a red shirt sophomore.

As for waiting. Personal I hate the idea of waiting for a particular prospect 2 years out that you have a 1 in 32 chance in landing.

Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Werner or Gholston are my preferences. I like Gholston a lot for us at the #32 pick.

buno67 wrote:
I wonder why his cough was so bad that he needed the codeine? I betcha it was from hitting the bong to many nights in a row.
brownie man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mingo is the guy for me next year. Hes by far the best pass rusher I've seen on tape this year his burst off the line is 2nd to none, but I just dont know if he can gain the strength needed to keep up for that motor if he can prove that then hes the guy to me.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:
Mingo is the guy for me next year. Hes by far the best pass rusher I've seen on tape this year his burst off the line is 2nd to none, but I just dont know if he can gain the strength needed to keep up for that motor if he can prove that then hes the guy to me.

I think Mingo is either going to have to get much bigger or is gonna have to be a 3-4 olb

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
brownie man wrote:

I think Mingo is either going to have to get much bigger or is gonna have to be a 3-4 olb

there is a lot tweeners on my list as IMO heckart tends to like them IMO.

I also included them as any them may e able to add 20 pounds ala Nick Perry.

FLAbrownfan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
I think Tyrann Mathieu is going to have more of an impact than any defensive player in the draft this year. I also firmly believe he is going to fall because I don't believe he is even as tall as listed, maybe even sub 5'8. The guy, however, can ball out and will have a Troy P like impact on whatever defense he lands. I'm going to hold out hope we can steal him this draft. I don't even care what the rest of the draft looks like next year as long as T-Rich, Gordon, Little, Weeden and JMJ pan out and we land Mathieu.

I do really like the LSU duo and Jackson Jeffcoat if we do the RE thing. Can't go wrong with a force pass rushing DE either.

See everyone opening Sunday maybe even squeeze in some time on the board during one of the preseason games. Later.

I'm really hoping that we get tyrann, I feel he is a special player, he will get picked on through the draft process due to his height and all but at the end of the day he is a play maker...... Time will tell about him and our team needs for next year, right now- - - what is skrine and Frostee or benard go off.... What if our WR core comes out flat??? Hard to say right now.

Out of the DE's on here I like Horton from USC, I think he has a great year this season .

R.I.P Crackburn, always in our hearts
adopt a Brown: Davone Bess - The best- one catch, one first down--- never mind person foul takes away! arrghhh Reg on the SIG
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLAbrownfan wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

I'm really hoping that we get tyrann, I feel he is a special player, he will get picked on through the draft process due to his height and all but at the end of the day he is a play maker...... Time will tell about him and our team needs for next year, right now- - - what is skrine and Frostee or benard go off.... What if our WR core comes out flat??? Hard to say right now.

Out of the DE's on here I like Horton from USC, I think he has a great year this season .

To me the honey badger is a future nickel back in the NFl due to the size of the WR's in the NFL.

As for the Rucker/Bernard combination do you really see that combo being specifically game planned against like offensive coordinators do against franchise pass rushers like Terrel Suggs, Clay Mathews and Damarcus Ware? I don't but I am more than willing to hear arguments.

But I still hold to my premise a franchise RDE would be transformitive to the Browns defense.

FLAbrownfan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
FLAbrownfan wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

To me the honey badger is a future nickel back in the NFl due to the size of the WR's in the NFL.

As for the Rucker/Bernard combination do you really see that combo being specifically game planned against like offensive coordinators do against franchise pass rushers like Terrel Suggs, Clay Mathews and Damarcus Ware? I don't but I am more than willing to hear arguments.

But I still hold to my premise a franchise RDE would be transformitive to the Browns defense.

With honey badger your right, it's hard to see him at both CB and FS, he could be a great player at both but would face a challenge with big WRs and TEs at those spots, I just like a player like him that's tough.

As for Rucker and Bernard I was just saying what if one does break out, then what's our need- basically saying it's hard to say what our needs will be...... Yes a franchise DE would be fantastic for us, for Rucker I have no idea about him. We could really have the best unit in the league if we get a real RDE.

R.I.P Crackburn, always in our hearts
adopt a Brown: Davone Bess - The best- one catch, one first down--- never mind person foul takes away! arrghhh Reg on the SIG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 1 of 17

Jump to: