Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Boston Celtics Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donut

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VrabelCrable wrote:
"tonyto3690 wrote:

It was nothing but a PR move to try to salvage the burning wreck of what was once his great standing in Boston.

Donut wrote:
It is a PR move and that's all it is. As for other FAs, What ones are getting as much flack as Ray for doing this? None. He didnt do this for Milwaukee or Seattle. So Boston meant something whereas those places meant nothing? I doubt it. Seattle and Milwaukee had no ill will when he left.
Terry did the same for interviewers saying if I had this offer from the Mavs I'd still be there. Only difference is Terry actually liked the Mavs.

Just stop. Neither of you have anything to stand on. You speculate and try and downgrade an athlete that has a complete clean record. You make logical Celtics fans look bad on this forum because of this. If you can't at least understand why Ray left then your just trying to force yourself not too. Everything he has done has seemed genuine. He seemed sadder to be leaving Boston in his Miami press conference then happy to be in Miami.

1. He has been nearly traded and in trade rumors for years. (He needs not to fear Miami trading him)

2. His starting job was given to a young an inexperienced player. I can completely understand Ray feeling as though he is when healthy still a better player then Avery Bradley. I think half the reason why the move was made was not because one was better then the other, but simply because it worked best for the dynamics of that team. The starting unit needed more speed and athleticism. The bench desperately needed scoring.

3. The Celtics went out and signed Jason Terry to play the scoring role off the bench for more money that they were offering to Ray. And Ainge had come out before this and said that Ray was the number one priority. I don't blame Ainge for this move but I don't think he really cared all that much about bringing Ray back. I think all Ray wanted was to be considered as historically important to the organization as KG. Ainge has made it clear in the past few years that he isn't.

4. It makes the most sense for Ray Allen and his family to go to Miami if he did not resign with Boston. This is an unarguable fact. His life is in Florida and New England.

Lets see if you two can actually debate something or if you are going to try and just bash a mans character who has a flawless record. I am done arguing these things with you until you actually bring something to the table instead of just bashing Ray. Grow up.

So you ignore the actual logical argument of it being a PR move and just use it as an opportunity to insult me? Ok that's cool. I know exactly why he left and I explained why exactly he did his PR ad and I'll just trow on it. If you can't understand the logic of why he did a PR move then you're just forcing yourself not too.
1. So was Rondo and Pierce... So they should bail after there contracts? Ainge offered him a NTC still... Hell all the credible rumors were steals for Cs. Even TB described that in that way...

2. So it was Ray Allen's ego? That goes along w/ him being mad because Rondo telling him when he's messing up ect...

3. They were forced to go out and get Terry because Ray was set on leaving. Also Jason Terry was a better player.

4. I'm pretty sure his family lives in CT.

Its cool if you plan to just cut out and say "Oh Ray is perfect. Ray would never leave or do anything that doesnt involve class. That makes sense but it ignores the fact that Ray is classy so its just you being petty. So I'm just going to insult you and say you make all celtic fans look bad even though it is an obvious PR move."
Actions say way more than words. Ray's actions match w/ the "sources" words that explained why he left and bashed RR and others and not his words in press conferences. I dont see how everything he's done has clearly been genuine but ignoring him bashing RR as leaves ect... But in your mind Ray is Celtic for life somehow. Laughing

I honestly dont care about Ray anymore. I wished the worst for him. I was just calling it as I see it and that was a PR move.
Troy Brown

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care about it. Like I said, I love Ray and I'll cheer him in a few years when he retires. Until then, he gets booed like anyone else on the Heat.

And Ainge did about all he could to improve the rebounding and size of this team so I have no issue with it. It's not like he was going to just significantly improve our rebounding. He picked up one of the best rebounding prospects and a 7 footer prospect. I'll take it. Then Green's size can only help the rebounding, even if he ain't a great rebounder himself. Better than what we had.

I'm excited to see what moves are made next. Maybe the Delfino interest is dead now that Lee is here but that guy would help our offense more than a potential Pietrus return would. Unfortunately, he doesn't help our defense like Pietrus does but we have Lee now so whatever.

ELRammy
Troy Brown

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS: I really don't think it was a PR move. I think a lot of Celtics fans are just looking for reasons to trash him. Some of em may be true but whatever, he was a great Celtic. He's not badmouthing the Celtics in public like Samuel did with the Patriots and he did a lot for the community. It really sucks to see him leave but whatever. It doesn't bother me as much because as much as I love him, he's the least important of the big four.

ELRammy
Donut

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy Brown wrote:
I don't care about it. Like I said, I love Ray and I'll cheer him in a few years when he retires. Until then, he gets booed like anyone else on the Heat.

And Ainge did about all he could to improve the rebounding and size of this team so I have no issue with it. It's not like he was going to just significantly improve our rebounding. He picked up one of the best rebounding prospects and a 7 footer prospect. I'll take it. Then Green's size can only help the rebounding, even if he ain't a great rebounder himself. Better than what we had.

I'm excited to see what moves are made next. Maybe the Delfino interest is dead now that Lee is here but that guy would help our offense more than a potential Pietrus return would. Unfortunately, he doesn't help our defense like Pietrus does but we have Lee now so whatever.

Pietrus wanted more money than minimum. He was leveraging a deal overseas.
Sullinger still should help rebounding. melo can develop into a good rebounder for us. We also signed some C that didnt play much but I assume he could help rebounding if he played and he's huge.

We also signed Dionte Christmas officially. Im happy for him I liked him when he was at Temple.

Troy Brown wrote:
PS: I really don't think it was a PR move. I think a lot of Celtics fans are just looking for reasons to trash him. Some of em may be true but whatever, he was a great Celtic. He's not badmouthing the Celtics in public like Samuel did with the Patriots and he did a lot for the community. It really sucks to see him leave but whatever. It doesn't bother me as much because as much as I love him, he's the least important of the big four.

I honestly think it was a PR move. I'm not even bashing him for doing it because it was a smart business decision. But to me it just seems extremely obvious that it is a PR move.
Its also hypocritical of so many people whom are defending ray and ect... but they're the same people bashing lebron.
Troy Brown

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Collins? I don't think he'll help rebounding too much. I do love that signing, though. He's one of the better six fouls in the league, I think.

I don't see how it's obviously a PR move at all. Just because he didn't want to be here doesn't mean he didn't enjoy his time here or care about the fans here. I hate the Heat and I think he slapped the Celtics in the face but I don't see how that's a PR move. Why would he care what the fans thought here if he was that desperate to get out of here?

ELRammy
Donut

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy Brown wrote:
Jason Collins? I don't think he'll help rebounding too much. I do love that signing, though. He's one of the better six fouls in the league, I think.

I don't see how it's obviously a PR move at all. Just because he didn't want to be here doesn't mean he didn't enjoy his time here or care about the fans here. I hate the Heat and I think he slapped the Celtics in the face but I don't see how that's a PR move. Why would he care what the fans thought here if he was that desperate to get out of here?

It wasn't just about the fans here. It also makes him look classy in the eyes of all fanbases. It was put online ect... on ESPN everyone saw it. Made some Boston fans forgive him, some other fanbases that were annoyed he went to most hated team in the league that realized he slapped boston in the face think he is extremely classy. It just made him look better league wide. It definitely helps endorsements when you're not hated. Ray has always had a good reputation and he has tried to keep his image consistent on and off the court. He's always been seen as hard working, classy, and great 3 pt shooter wearing #34. Then he had to change the number when he went here and he was concerned w/ what number he was going to wear. He does this and it pisses off a ton of fans and some arent even Celtic fans.
Te timing even fits when the hate from media starts to die down a bit and him becoming less bashed something nice like this comes out and they begin talking about him again in a favorable light.
Does Ray care about what Boston fans think? I honestly don't know he might not. Does his agent? Yes he does. The agent doesnt want to lose out on more money. He's already losing out of 50% of what he could've gotten had Ray stayd in Boston. He's not going to want him seen in a negative light and losing some endorsements and losing out on more money, or even missing out on future endorsements because he is less liked.

As for Jason Collins he cant be worse than Hollins at rebounding. I just saw him as a signign that says Melo will be in the D-league.
tonyto3690

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Collins is a great signing. He plays very good all around defense, and having a big to play defense when KG was on the bench was a MASSIVE problem last year. I remember reading how (in the playoffs) the Celtics defensive rate was valued at #1 in the NBA for the playoffs and compared to regular season numbers. But the Celtics defense with KG off the court, if compared to the regular season and full seasons numbers would be ranked in the bottom three in the NBA. Just think about that. THe Celtics defense with KG off the court was on par or worse than the Warriors or Bobcats. He had an absolutely insane +/- last post season. Even Rondo wasn't even really that close.

Speaking of Rondo... thought this was a great quote which shows Rondos leadership and ridiculous basketball IQ. (He flew out to Vegas to be with the summer team)

"In about five minutes I learned so much from him, just by talking to him and him seeing things I didn't see on the floor," Christmas explained afterward. "Me, I never really play the point guard, but he was just telling me some things that I can see coming off, and I think it helped. I had six assists today, and he was just telling me some things to do at the [point guard spot], and it really helped. I can only imagine what a whole season would do playing under Rondo, so that would be great."

Also another that was pretty funny. Also goes to show how much pull Rondo has with the coaches that he is allowed to basically change or call plays on a whim.

"Yeah, it was supposed to be a pin-down. Actually, Rondo talked me out of the play I wanted to run. He changed the play. Like always," Lue joked.

Drew Brees IS the most accurate qb ever

Brees that night:
28/50, 341 yards, 0 TD, 5 INT.
teamorange

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Celtics first game against the Heat....

https://twitter.com/MySportsLegion/status/227457830381293568
Troy Brown

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
Celtics first game against the Heat....

https://twitter.com/MySportsLegion/status/227457830381293568

Oh god. I'm requesting that night off this week.

ELRammy
candyman93

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've been here 7 and still haven't picked a team.
Donut

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2012/08/doc_rivers_to_y.html?camp=misc:on:twit:celtics
Good for Doc doing his job and taking away some of blame people put on Rondo.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for Doc? It basically sounded to me he was throwing Allen under the bus and saying he was selfish to put himself above the team.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Good for Doc? It basically sounded to me he was throwing Allen under the bus and saying he was selfish to put himself above the team.

He's taking the blame for Rondo. If you read the other thread when he was signed everyone was bashing Rondo. W/ comments like if Ray can't get along w/ Rondo it shows how awful he is.
What he said was true and it wasn't anything we all didnt already know about Ray.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get he is taking blame off Rondo, but he was clearly taking subtle shots at Allen. All good, Allen is going to be fine in Miami and the Celtics will be fine with their new additions.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Gorman does play by play for team handball in the olympics. Kinda funny.

I don't think Doc was taking shots at Ray. I think he was being honest. I don't think it's a bad thing. Ray ain't the player Rondo is but Ray still thinks he is, as any all-time great would. Doc did what any great coach would, he transitioned the team to a new style of play and Ray didn't like being phased out. So Ray went to a team that he feels will get him involved like he'd like to be. Will that be the case? I wouldn't bet on it. If you consider that Ray's ego, then whatever. I'd have the same ego. That's not a bad thing.

ELRammy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 33 of 62

Jump to: