Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

packer draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jtmoney

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:42 am    Post subject: packer draft Reply with quote

Hey guys i'm a vikings fan, i'm not gonna talk smack that stuff gets childish. Just wondering what your guys' motive is with going offense. I dont like the guy but i think favre has a good 3 years left, you could of got a descent wideout for depth in the third. Does sherman want to try to outscore everyone this year of what??
duxrule

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Motive in the first round is that GB has needed a good backup to Favre and a possible replacement for about 4 years. JT and Nall might not be it, Rogers might not be it, but if Favre were to go down to injury, now you've got a couple guys that MIGHT be able to still help the team, and created competition for Favres eventual replacement.

Besides, the guys that were left Thurman, Crowder, Blackstock, all were rated MUCH lower than Rogers. Had to take him there.

2nd round, not sure, but Sherman is saying Collins is going to compete at Safety right away, which means Little and Freeman and he are going to have to WORK to see who is going to play. Still, gotta believe he would have been there in round 3 or 4. Questions on Blackstocks health, Crowder and Thurmans character issues kept the Packers from them (is my guess) Why no Justin Tuck tho?

Our hope is that Nicholson, Hawthorne, Brimmer or the like are there in round 4 and they make hay with the remaining picks.
KiwiFan94

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with duxrule on that.

~kinetic~
jtmoney

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: packer draft Reply with quote

you guys are probably right no blue chip guy, no ed reed or jonathon vilma floating around reminds me of 99 draft when culpepper slipped to the vikes. I'll be honest guys i hate the packers but i respect them and i love the rivalry, hope the games are good next year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: