Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks release BMW
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
Bowe isn't really a big play guy ala Calvin Johnson or Victor Cruz. He's just more of a big target who gets a lot of catches for first downs. He's not the type of player that's gonna consistently make 40 yard receptions. Given what his asking price would be, I'd rather just draft a WR.

He had 15 TDs a year ago. I'd say he's a pretty big play guy.

"We all we got, we all we need"
imani

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside_Insider wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
Bowe isn't really a big play guy ala Calvin Johnson or Victor Cruz. He's just more of a big target who gets a lot of catches for first downs. He's not the type of player that's gonna consistently make 40 yard receptions. Given what his asking price would be, I'd rather just draft a WR.

redzone threat =/= big play receiver, but i agree. He can make things happen. Osprey kinda makes him sound like BMW. Which would be about right, if williams was faster, more agile and had no weight problems

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
outside_Insider wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:

redzone threat =/= big play receiver, but i agree. He can make things happen. Osprey kinda makes him sound like BMW. Which would be about right, if williams was faster, more agile and had no weight problems

I guess you're right, but I could have referenced his over 1000 yards 3 of the last 4 years.

Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
outside_Insider wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:

redzone threat =/= big play receiver, but i agree. He can make things happen. Osprey kinda makes him sound like BMW. Which would be about right, if williams was faster, more agile and had no weight problems and about 3 times better after the catch

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside_Insider wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:

Not a big play guy, in the way that I meant. I meant, he's not a gamebreaker who's gonna run away from defenders or outjump them for big gains. Bowe had a ton of TD's on short to mid range passes.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
outside_Insider wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:

No, not at all. He's much better than BMW. I would compare Bowe more to Brandon Marshall.
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's not a Steve Smith, Wallace, or DeSean Jackson but I think Baldwin may be able to develop more into that type so I'd be very happy with Bowe.

TheOsprey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside_Insider wrote:
He's not a Steve Smith, Wallace, or DeSean Jackson but I think Baldwin may be able to develop more into that type so I'd be very happy with Bowe.

I just see more all around potential, in a rookie like Keenan Allen. I'm really excited to see his progression with Cal, this coming season. He lit it up last year, despite erratic QB play.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: