Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DC Forum Ring of Honor Discussion Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should we have one?
Sure
92%
 92%  [ 13 ]
Nope
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 14

Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: DC Forum Ring of Honor Discussion Thread Reply with quote

HT and I have been debating back and forth as to if this would be a good idea or not.

We have the Cowpokes, which is a great and fun celebration time for the forum. But we don't have any type of legacy of awards. However we run the risk of having peoples feelings hurt. Frankly, I appreciate every-time I am nominated for something by my peers since its a recognition.

I propose we induct up to two members every year. 1 Current member and 1 Legacy member (someone who is either no longer posting or post very very infrequently now).

I also think with the induction there should be a mini-bio attached to their induction. Favorite player, Nicknames we would call them, etc. Along with finding one of their most memorable posts and either quoting the whole thing or part of it while linking it so everyone can read the whole thing.

In terms of acknowledgment. We can have someone create a simple small banner or a Star of sorts that people can add to their sigs along with their current sigs.

So thoughts? Everything is open to suggestions.

Yes/No?

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
MightyMouse07

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.

I nominate AJ Hawk.

“Anytime I step out there I give everything I got, on every single play.” - Ray Lewis

Last edited by MightyMouse07 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long time over due

Sig courtesy of mack.
Hiero

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya sounds good, maybe we can induct sa and b2tb as our memorial roh guys. bios sounds amazing and hilarious.

ps I fully expect to be first ballot guys don't let me down.

Props to IDOG_det on the sig.
htfryar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gone on record as saying that I didn't think it would be a good idea. Some people on here take this site way too seriously and would get their e-feelings hurt if so-and-so got in before they did. But, I voted Yes. I say screw people's e-feelings. If you don't get in before someone you feel is less deserving, than maybe you are overestimating your own worth. Step up your game, be a better poster and earn it.

As I told T_O7 in a PM, our 3 fallen members: T14, SA and B2TB and TSSS should be our first class inducted into the E-Ring of Honor. Obviously, our 3 departed members are a no-brainer. Some of you may be asking, why TSSS? Well, he is the longest tenured Mod of our forum. Think about all the BS he has put up with from our members. He doesn't get the credit he deserves. Heck, back during the Cowpokes, Des even listed TSSS as one of our fallen members during his acceptance speech.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Last edited by htfryar on Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total
MightyMouse07

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First class needs to be our fallen friends.

Second class should be Ian.

“Anytime I step out there I give everything I got, on every single play.” - Ray Lewis
Hiero

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a limit per year sounds good but I don't think it should have to be 1 of each. one initial memorial induction class and OG class for the first sounds great.

Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiero wrote:
a limit per year sounds good but I don't think it should have to be 1 of each. one initial memorial induction class and OG class for the first sounds great.

If you guys are interested, then yeah lets start hashing out the details.

How many per year?

Everyone agrees this should only happen once a year right?

Also...new idea. What if when we induct a member we induct them with a legendary player from the Cowboys. So our forum members say SA is inducted and the player attached to him is one of the Triplets. Too complicated? Or neat idea?

In Redball I Trust!
htfryar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyMouse07 wrote:
First class needs to be our fallen friends.

Second class should be Ian.

Seconded.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
Hiero

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Hiero wrote:

If you guys are interested, then yeah lets start hashing out the details.

How many per year?

Everyone agrees this should only happen once a year right?

Also...new idea. What if when we induct a member we induct them with a legendary player from the Cowboys. So our forum members say SA is inducted and the player attached to him is one of the Triplets. Too complicated? Or neat idea?

well 2 a year works? but we need to have an inaugural class starting with fallen homies and a legacy or two that is gone, then two current og members. then 2 a year from that date? once a year during our offseason.

the player thing sounds cool, or maybe a commemorative sig with an inside nickname or saying.

Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing we could do is after we already have one class inducted. We could make it so that ROH members can choose to elevate a poster to their ranks each year. So the general forum can vote in one member per year (after the initial class) and the ROH members can induct one as well.

Thoughts on that?

In Redball I Trust!
MightyMouse07

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Another thing we could do is after we already have one class inducted. We could make it so that ROH members can choose to elevate a poster to their ranks each year. So the general forum can vote in one member per year (after the initial class) and the ROH members can induct one as well.

Thoughts on that?

I like this idea. I like it a lot.

flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a pretty good idea to me

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Thoughts on that?

I like that a lot.

Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright. So here is what we have so far.

We will have one legacy class enshrined. This will consist of three members instantaneously - our three fallen brothers.

We will then have our first class enshrined. It will consist of up to two members. Voting will be discussed later.

At which point each subsequent class will take place at somepoint during the off-season. And only during the off-season.

After the first five members are inducted (inclusive of the legacy members) the general base (everyone here) can vote and select one member to go in the ROH per year. The already enshrined ROH members may also elevate one member to ROH status for a total of two members able to be inducted per year. The ROH members need not nominate and select someone each year.

This still up for discussion....

Voting
    How would everyone feel about each year any person may submit up to 5 names. After 48 hours, the top 3 most listed individuals will be nominated. And we each send a PM to the host as to who we want with one vote. That person gets enshrined. (For the first class, the top 4 names mentioned will be listed and the top two voted for will be inducted)

Does that sound agreeable, or do we need to adjust?

Actual Enshrinement

When avaliable, do we want to try to include a mini bio?

Find a legendary post of said poster?

Link their names with a legendary Cowboys player either in the HOF or ROH?

Actual Award
    So that no one has to lose their sig (which is akin to an identity around here...

How would everyone feel about an Avatar being created?

Or a Small Banner you can include on top of your current sig?

Or a Small Star you can add at the tail end of your sig. With like ROH 1st Class or something like that?

Thoughts?

In Redball I Trust!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: