Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Supplemental Draft 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpicyMcHaggis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Supplemental Draft 2012 Reply with quote

Per rotoworld:

Quote:

The NFL Supplemental Draft will be held on July 12.
Per NFL.com's Gregg Rosenthal, Baylor WR Josh Gordon, TCU RB Ed Wesley, Boise State CB Quaylon Ewing, Syracuse FB Adam Harris, Alabama A&M LB Larry Lumpkin, Iowa State OL Scott Haughton, Georgia LB Montez Robinson and Stephen F. Austin WR Houston Tuminello are the eligible players. The Sideline View's Adam Caplan believes Gordon could go in the "first half" of the draft.

ATL take a flyer on any one of these guys?
adam9

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Gordon and Wesley. If we do go after somebody I hope it would be one of them (but I think both of them go before the 5th)..

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id do a 7th for Wesley

#JDI
adam9

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
Id do a 7th for Wesley

Yeah I hear that teams are willing to go mid-round for Wesley and 2nd-3rd for Gordon...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About these guys (besides Gordon), per bleacher report:

Quote:
Wesley is "only" 5'9" 200, so he's not a power runner, but he is a high effort running with a nice low center of gravity. He's a good receiver out of the backfield, and Wesley can definitely find a home in the NFL as teams continue to move towards a multi-back approach in the running game. Wesley is no lock to get drafted, but he could be good enough to induce a team to use a sixth or seventh-round pick.

Boise State Cornerback Quaylon Ewing-Burton: Ewing-Burton is a 6'0", 179 cornerback who started four games for the Broncos this year before being dismissed from the team for not living up to the standards of the program.

Iowa State Offensive Lineman Scott "Adrian" Houghton: Houghton is a 6'3", 340 "road grader" who started for Iowa State at right tackle in 2009 and part of 2008. He was dismissed from the team in 2010 for undisclosed reasons.

Syracuse Fullback Adam Harris: A special teams standout and starter, Harris was barred from playing football by the school after a review of his concussion history following a head injury last November against Cincinnati.

Carson-Newman Linebacker Larry Lumpkin: A first-team All-South Atlantic conference performer, Lumpkin did not return to the team this year because of academic issues.

Georgia Defensive End Montez Robinson: A defensive end/linebacker 'tweener, Robinson was arrested three times in domestic violence incidents early in his career and dismissed from the team in 2010.

McMurry Wide Receiver Houston Tuminello: Tuminello spent time at Louisiana Tech and Stephen F. Austin before landing at tiny McMurry University in Abilene, Texas.

I don't think we take a flyer on one of these guys. Even though I expect us to get a comp pick by losing Lofton and Weems, I feel that the addition of Chris Hope puts the last piece in as far as depth.
adam9

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see 2 players getting drafted (the 2 I mentioned before)..

If someone else gets drafted it's the Boise State CB but he would have to explain "not living up to program standards"..

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supplemental draft day... any predictions? Who a team might take and where?
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpicyMcHaggis wrote:
Supplemental draft day... any predictions? Who a team might take and where?

Gordon - Miami - 3rd
Lumpkin - Oakland - 7th
Wesley - 7th

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
adam9

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Gordon was taken in the 2nd by the Browns and no one else was taken. Apparently they think Gordon can be a #1 WR according to multiple sources.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't believe the Browns took Gordon in the 2nd.. that's way high IMO. supposedly if this guy was actually in last years real draft, he was a 5th round prospect..

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coors wrote:
can't believe the Browns took Gordon in the 2nd.. that's way high IMO. supposedly if this guy was actually in last years real draft, he was a 5th round prospect..

That's the Browns for ya.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: