Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eric Wright Arrested - Felony DUI Charge
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RB4TampaBay

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little "what if" here,

If Wright gets suspended, who starts, move Barber back to corner? Then, maybe Grimm or Black to FS?

If Talib also gets suspended, then who, Biggers or Tandy to the other corner?

I don't feel good about how any of this is looking right now. Sad I'm also not feeling all warm and squishy with Quincy Black at SLB either. All of that along with the health concerns along the Dline......and they haven't even put the pads on yet.........scary. Shocked
RoeKG

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Ripping his game on the field has nothing to do with this. Wright is a solid player on the field.

Now him doing this after being signed to 15 mil guaranteed? Boneheaded. Dumb @$$ is more like it. He'll get suspended prob 1-4 games. Im interested to see how schiano handles this situation. Will he cut him ? Did Dom protect himself with the contract terms?

I think there def. should be an opt-out clause when players don't honor there contracts with off the field disruptions.

With the ridiculous amount of arrests these past two offseasons there should be a clause in every contract for every player regarding arrests. There should be pay cuts or less guaranteed money though. Don't make not getting in trouble an incentive.

Never said it should be an incentive. Character and off the field behavior should be in the terms of your contract. If you don't get arrested then you don't violate your terms. If you do then it should be a violation.

He was given that much money. I mean come on an 8 figure salary and u can't pay for a ride home?
Atleast Talib had enough sense to get a cab. He's still working on how to behave in one however.

That made me LOL. But I agree that he should have just got a cab. Get your car later, man.

The silver lining here IMO is that Schiano has an early opportunity to show everyone what happens when you mess up. I hope he drops the hammer on him as an example to everyone else, and maybe it keeps everyone else in line.

I sure hope Wright is a baller on the field this year, otherwise this signing is really starting to bother me.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
The silver lining here IMO is that Schiano has an early opportunity to show everyone what happens when you mess up. I hope he drops the hammer on him as an example to everyone else, and maybe it keeps everyone else in line.

It's also a little bit scary too. I would think that Schiano has no choice here. He has to be heavy handed with his punishment. You can't preach trust, belief and accountability and let this fool step back onto to the field as a starter.

I'm reading that if Wright is convicted of a felony, the Bucs may be able to cut Wright and recoup a large majority of that guaranteed money/bonus. I wouldn't be thrilled if we did that, but Schiano sent K2 and Tanard packing for much less...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
I'm reading that if Wright is convicted of a felony, the Bucs may be able to cut Wright and recoup a large majority of that guaranteed money/bonus. I wouldn't be thrilled if we did that, but Schiano sent K2 and Tanard packing for much less...

I'd be all for it. Maybe we could get a sixth for him. Laughing
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
RoeKG wrote:

It's also a little bit scary too. I would think that Schiano has no choice here. He has to be heavy handed with his punishment. You can't preach trust, belief and accountability and let this fool step back onto to the field as a starter.

Interesting. Idk if they would do that but its a possibility. I think S will be a strong point for us this year but we might be a bit screwed at CB. I fully anticipate us to draft a CB in the 1st or 2nd round next year.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
RoeKG wrote:

If we could get rid of him, then id be for it. If we are gonna be that team that doesnt put up with BS then do it!

He didnt show up to most offseason, he hasnt been a "bucaneer man"

we extend Talib with that money and draft one with a first or second rounder next year

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our DB's can never stay clean...

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
Our DB's can never stay clean...

#Truth

LOL

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
RoeKG wrote:

If we could get rid of him, then id be for it. If we are gonna be that team that doesnt put up with BS then do it!

He didnt show up to most offseason, he hasnt been a "bucaneer man"

we extend Talib with that money and draft one with a first or second rounder next year

Im all for it. I think Talib has finally turned the corner and will stay clean. Plus, with good coaching, will be an even better CB, something he is already pretty good at.

Plus, who knows how good Wright would have been anyway. Im guessing he would have been "solid" but thats it. Honestly, unless we have a bigger need at DL or LB, I say we draft a CB with out 1st round pick. Make our secondary the best in the league with Barron, Talib, and the draft pick. (Assuming Ronde is retired.)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way that things look right now, I would think that we may go into the 2013 draft needing a LB, CB and RT. After those picks, then "maybe" we go after a DT, DE, TE, WR and another backup player for the Oline (since we have 8 picks as it stands right now).

Then, there is still the possibility that we could sign another F/A this year, we "might" have an opening at CB, and we have the cash. Way too many things to consider right now, and we have TC and pre-season to evaluate who we have on the team now before any long distance plans need to be made.

Damn....TC is still over 3 weeks away, Shocked this waiting isn't easy. Wink
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charges dropped !!!!!!!!!!!!! Wright free to go

Quote:
The case has been dismissed. The Bucs are catching breaks left and Wright (pun intended), as LCB Aqib Talib also recently had his felony assault with a deadly weapon charge dismissed. More to come
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Who's next?
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bucs RCB Eric Wright will not be formally charged with DUI following his July 2 arrest in Los Angeles.
The case has been dismissed. The Bucs are catching breaks left and Wright (pun intended), as LCB Aqib Talib also recently had his felony assault with a deadly weapon charge dismissed. Wright's arrest was for felony DUI. It was his first brush with the law as an NFL player, so he won't face any league discipline.

Thats the truth right there, I have no idea what we would be doing right now if Talib AND Wright had suspensions coming...

dodged a bullet there..

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Innocent untl proven guilty. Honestly. I think the media is blowing things up and don't get enough facts. You don't just let anyone out of duis so I think there was some information left out of this case.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: