Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 Supplemental Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marco79

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
Marco79 wrote:
And we do have a surplus of incoming comp. picks so seeing us use a 3rd on gordon would not surprise me in the least. It would hardly be a setback.

Not happening. This guy is bad news on the character department. Bringing in Dwight Jones was one thing as he cost us nothing and unlike Gordon he at least was a Senior who played football last year not a sophomore who hasn't done squat in over a year and will never make the active squad. Burning a 3rd rounder on a guy that had multiple incidents to get himself kicked out of Baylor and couldn't get them straight to get into Utah is not worth burning the comp pick we should get for letting Mario walk for. This guy would never stand up to the scrutiny in the general draft process and the accolades he's getting now are merely a product of a slow news cycle in July. Please remind me of any supplemental picks that ultimately were worth the pick given up to get them? Let a low bar character team like Jets waste a pick on him...

I am not advocating taking him, I am just saying that if we did take him it wouldn't set ourselves back because we are going to have a lot of picks next year.

Also did he have trouble at Utah or did he just decide to forgo his senior year? I believe it is the latter, but I am not 100% sure.

Also he failed a drug test and got arrested for weed. I don't want to make it sound like it's not a concern or a big deal but he was 19 years old. Kids make mistakes and that is not nearly as bad as something that would actually be a major concern like robbery or the concerns surrounding Janoris Jenkins. He also passed a pop-urine test a week ago which perhaps shows he is maturing. I Just don't see why everyone is making him out to be such a bad guy. Yes it is a concern, but I don't think it is as big a deal as everyone is making it and he hasn't had any problems in 2 years.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Clevlenad Browns took Gordon in the 2nd round today.
jch1911

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
The Clevlenad Browns took Gordon in the 2nd round today.

I peeped that. If the stories about the Browns desire for Kendall Wright are true, then it makes a whole lot of sense that they studied the Baylor WRs in-depth (including the time when he played with the Bears program).
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reportedly Gordon was quite excited to legally have "Weedon" passing to him until they explained that that was their Quarterback's name not relaxed pot enforcement in Ohio. Risky move for them that I suspect will come into perspective when the 2nd round comes next year and they could choose between players like Quick, Hill, Jeffery, Broyles, and Randle instead of going all-in on a guy that wasn't all the special as a player when he played two seasons ago without factoring in the character risks. If they couldn't figure out how to do something with Josh Cribbs raw skill, why will Gordon be any different?

BTW - Stop comparing Kendall Wright and Gordon. You couldn't find two more different players from a character, work ethic, leadership, pro-readiness, or overall body type or skill set stand point. It's like saying the Ravens went after Jacoby Jones because they watched a lot of tape of Andre Johnson and figured he could do the same thing.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
jch1911

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
BTW - Stop comparing Kendall Wright and Gordon. You couldn't find two more different players from a character, work ethic, leadership, pro-readiness, or overall body type or skill set stand point. It's like saying the Ravens went after Jacoby Jones because they watched a lot of tape of Andre Johnson and figured he could do the same thing.

If this was directed at my comment, I was not comparing the two by any stretch of the imagination. I was pointing out that while looking through their game & practice film on Kendall Wright (who the Browns were supposedly in love with during the draft), they might have seen Gordon show up on some of that tape. Ultimately they valued him as a high 2nd round pick - they were ranked #2 in picking order.

Not comparing the two at all - except that they did both play WR for Baylor during one season together. End of comparison.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: