Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Aaron Rodgers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
Look what sitting behind Brett did for Hasselbeck, Aaron Brooks, Mark brunell, and Kurt Warner these guys all became stars and lets hope Favre can do it again with rodgers.

you have a great point ,however kurt warner who won a super bowl never made it out of training camp with the packers.
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
hauschild

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you feel Rodgers should have "been long gone at 24"??? Just because the talking heads say so?

God, I swear some of you people get brainwashed by the dumbest minds our fine country has to offer!!!

This type of thinking is thinking for franchises that do not want to continually evolve and improve, like the Bears or Bungles, (fill in your team of choice.).

What a joke!
Snapple

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay. let's not be so dramatic.

we were eventually going to need a QB and now we have one who can spend some quality time learning under one of the masters for at least a season. don't be so quick to dismiss Rodgers. it's a unpredictable game.

let's go defense!
hauschild

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't drama, it's real life...winning and losing.

I've become quite fond of winning the last 14 years, haven't you?

It just isn't gonna feel the same without Brett playing in at least one more playoff game. There is no way this will happen now, unless we get moved to the NFC West.

Let the freefall begin!!!
byzr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

let's not forget guys Brett isn't going to be an ideal "teacher." he's a risk taker and he can be he's got the touch, the cannon, and the drive to be a risk taker and you don't find that combination.

it's just such a waste of a pick to take rodgers. he's just gonna sit on our bench and collect a check for the next 2-4 years while Favre continues his ways. then he'll probably end up playing somewhere else like all the others. however if we'd taken a chance on one of the cody's, poole, hell crowder, we could have put them in on defense this coming year and they would have been fresh new bodies at least who play and don't waste our cap room. thats what rodgers is unless he plays this year wasted cap room and i'd imagine he'll waste a lot or we'll have to trade(can you trade a unsigned player you drafted?) or cut him and then he's pretty much just a wasted pick completely cause it would seem TT has no idea what he's doing.

i'm just all kinds of disapointed right now.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarthFavre wrote:
I was against the pick until I heard his interview with Suzie.I think he may turn into a Thurman Thomas type pick to where he is gonna be PISSED that everyone passed him up and works twice as hard to make them all pay.That could be a good thing in a couple years after he learns the system.We will have to see.And who knows...maybe one or more of those D guys will still be around at 51..no one had Rodgers falling anywhere near us.

Great Point and You Know Rodgers is pissed.
byzr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah in 3 yrs after maybe a couple 7 or 8 win seasons when puts up career numbers. he comes in and does well but the way we draft and do FA he won't be around that long. besides are we even gonna be able to sign him as well as our other draftees and then there's FA which is gonna have to be where we improve our Defense. i mean come on look at this from this coming seasons point of view.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Packers picked for value, not for need.

Although the need for defensive help was great, they couldn't pass up the value that Rogers brings. Here is a projected Top 5 pick that slides to #24. Green Bay pulled the trigger because Favre's certain retirement looms on the horizon.

It's better to risk a need now for a need later. If/when Brett retires, Green Bay may not be in a position to land a franchise QB in the draft who was projected to go so soon. He may not pan out, but they had to take the chance.

I can't believe Arizona, Washington, or Tampa Bay didn't take a chance on him.

Green Bay will get a QB who won't cost much being at pick #24.....had Rogers been taken where he was projected to go, he would have been mega rich.
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SacredStar wrote:
The Packers picked for value, not for need.

Although the need for defensive help was great, they couldn't pass up the value that Rogers brings. Here is a projected Top 5 pick that slides to #24. Green Bay pulled the trigger because Favre's certain retirement looms on the horizon.

It's better to risk a need now for a need later. If/when Brett retires, Green Bay may not be in a position to land a franchise QB in the draft who was projected to go so soon. He may not pan out, but they had to take the chance.

I can't believe Arizona, Washington, or Tampa Bay didn't take a chance on him.

Green Bay will get a QB who won't cost much being at pick #24.....had Rogers been taken where he was projected to go, he would have been mega rich.

and to an extent i certainly agree but when everybody was telling us from the outside looking in we should mail it in" why did favre come back "we looked at this draft as a way to replenish our defense; and now we can look at some more projects in the second day maybe one who dropped from the third round but we are not satisfied with these selections
we expect more
SacredStar

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In hindsight, it's good the Packers got Rogers now, while Brett is still there.

Brett will help Rogers play the NFL game.

That's why Harrington struggles in Detroit, he had no tutor.
That's why Henson has yet to start in Dallas, he is being groomed by Testaverde and Bledsoe.

To have a young projected stud at QB in camp learning under Favre is a plus.You just have to hope he is as good as most analyts think he is.
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SacredStar wrote:
In hindsight, it's good the Packers got Rogers now, while Brett is still there.

Brett will help Rogers play the NFL game.

That's why Harrington struggles in Detroit, he had no tutor.
That's why Henson has yet to start in Dallas, he is being groomed by Testaverde and Bledsoe.

To have a young projected stud at QB in camp learning under Favre is a plus.You just have to hope he is as good as most analyts think he is.

yes, however favre is a rogue type QB, and learning behind him only helps if you have the same arm strength, confidence, blue collar mentallity
(blue collar/red neck,lol Wink )
a pretty boy qb from cali ,who is fundamentally strong probably won't learn much anyways
hauschild

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a gamble that no doubt will cost us an arm and a leg. We'll end up cutting a QB who can play in Nall just so TT and MS can save face.

I can't think of a bigger waste of money right now, at this point in time.
Hinkle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dug this up on the forum just had to let everyone see it! How everyone reacted when we drafted Rodgers a Super Bowl victory now with him I'm sure has changed some opinions on this pick. Lol

Props to Uncle Buck for the sig.
blueswedeshoes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha. I wondered how an Aaron Rodgers thread could possibly be named Aaron Rodgers.

You guys had shorter threads back in the day, but a few very good prognosticators. DainTrain and Byrzn nailed a couple of posts down deep.
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats to packerraymond and the others who didn't freak out and actually saw the merit to it.

Some of the comments Shocked Laughing

That being said, I have only been a Packers fan for 5 years, so I wasn't around then Razz

PSN: ShiiNyIV

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: