Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Turnover poll: How many wins will this team manage in 2012?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How many wins in 2012-2013?
1 or Zero
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
2-4
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
5-7
66%
 66%  [ 18 ]
8-10
18%
 18%  [ 5 ]
11+ (seriously guys?)
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 27

The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Turnover poll: How many wins will this team manage in 2012? Reply with quote

I was just looking over our roster and the turnover is astounding in terms of projected "new starters". 6 new starters on defense, presumably 4 to 5 on offense, and pretty much all new special teams.

The special teams are actually what concerns me the most. Pead has return skills and so does Jenkins, but has anyone heard whether they are seeing time with special teams coaches so far?

Of course WR still looks vanilla, but we are used to that by now.

I'm predicting a surprising 7 wins. I'd be disappointed if we failed to reach 5.

I think this team has some real bright spots, and many holes have been filled.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll go with 7 to 8 wins.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Turnover poll: How many wins will this team manage in 20 Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
I was just looking over our roster and the turnover is astounding in terms of projected "new starters". 6 new starters on defense, presumably 4 to 5 on offense, and pretty much all new special teams.
We have at the least 6 new starters on D. Both DT spots, both OLBs, and Both Corners. I would consider it 7 because Quinn wasnt really a starter last year. So thats plenty more than half the defense as new starters.

The Offense is pretty close to that as well. LG C, and both outside WRs are new starters for sure. Potentially FB if they finally replace Miller like they should. A new #2 back that should see alot of Run, and not to mention both OTs and our Slot man barely played at all last season, so while not new, they are close enough. So thats 9 starters/major contributors that barely played for this team if at all last season.

There are close to 20 new Major Contributors for this team from most of last season, this team should look and play very different from last year.

Quote:
The special teams are actually what concerns me the most. Pead has return skills and so does Jenkins, but has anyone heard whether they are seeing time with special teams coaches so far?
They likely already know the major players for the return positions, they are probably more focused on the meat, and frankly more important part of the Special Teams. Gunners, blockers, busters. They are trying to find out who can contribute in those spots because that is who will fill out the bottom of the roster. I would think that Danny is still in the mix to be a Punt Returner, he is very good in that role, Pead and Jenkins can both do that also, but their speed makes them more of Kick Returners. I actually expect Jenkins to be used like the Bears used Hester for awhile. The Game Changing Return man (Punt & Kick) but let Pead do the bulk of the duties.

Quote:
Of course WR still looks vanilla, but we are used to that by now
wouldnt quite say 'vanilla', unspectacular sure. But there are alot of new facets that bring dynamic features to the offense. A big target in Quick, a gamebreaker in Givens, a sure handed vet in Smith, and Getting Danny back makes everything better, also a strong man in Salas.

Quote:
I'm predicting a surprising 7 wins. I'd be disappointed if we failed to reach 5.
Im not sure anything actually disappoints me with this team anymore. But I do think the 5-7 win range is reasonable to expect if we stay relatively healthy (not massacred like last year) but I dont think we break that .500 mark just yet
Against_me

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that we are going to have 8 wins. Last year we weren´t so bad without injuries,and i love our offseason.
chris00cm

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offense will struggle at first. I think 6 is a very realistic guess.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
S-jax39

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7-9. Our ceiling imo is 8-8.
yrba1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 at worst, 8 at most. I'll run in the nude throughout my neighborhood if we make the playoffs. Laughing
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:

You just had to pick a range that wasn't an option didn't you? Laughing

Every year we are optimistic, but this team has a chance to improve significantly. We should be appearing on people's sleepers lists IMO. This season will be so drastically different from last year it makes me need to pee.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:

This. I voted 8-10 though. Im not necessarily banking on the talent on the team but moreso the coaching staff.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

You just had to pick a range that wasn't an option didn't you? Laughing

Every year we are optimistic, but this team has a chance to improve significantly. We should be appearing on people's sleepers lists IMO. This season will be so drastically different from last year it makes me need to pee.

What can I say, I'm a rebel.

U gotRAM right

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got us going 13-3 and winning the Superbowl! Yeah I said it, here's the realistic & pretty spot on prediction enjoy gentleman!

Detroit W - Defense is ahead of offense & we punch Detroit in the mouth week 1, best stats by a WR in this game Brian Quick!

Washington W - Sam shows his a$$ against the rookie & the defense gets after RG3 & he too worried about being a pocket passer instead if using his legs!

Chicago W - Chicago still adjusting to new offense & OC plus we make they're defense look old, Sam killing it & the media going ga ga over him & Fisher!

Seattle W - Defense, Defense, Defense! We frustrate the Seattle QB's we see 2 QB's in this game, Jackson goes crazy in this game +150 3tds!

Arizona W - Same Blueprint as above with defense only Sam & his crew of WR's will be beasting & chatter begins could Sam be the leagues MVP?!

Miami W - Miami already thinking about playing the rookie QB, by the middle of 3rd quarter they say what the hell do we got to lose its a blowout!

Green Bay L - The showdown MVP vs Leading MVP candidate, Sam holds his own, the young corners have a rough day, we score with 1:15 left on the clock but miss the 2 point conversion to put us up by 3! Green Bay kicks a long FG!

New England W - We go across the pond & beat Brady, Sam goes nuts...take that McDaniels! Brady gives up the high praise saying the dline brought more pressure than Giants dline!

San Fran L - San Fran needs this win to keep us with us, it gets nasty all defense! I think a turnover losses it for us sack fumble from behind & we lose a low scoring game but S.F. is on notice.

N.Y. Jets W - We see Tebow is game & our Dline is up for the challenge, Sam has a field day, props to the Oline hes got all day to throw!

Arizona W - Arizona is looking towards the draft & the QB's that are coming out that's win #9 if your counting!

San Fran W - This one gets nasty but only for S.F. the Dome is rocking from the start, QB play is the difference in this game, Sam will be hearing MVP chants by the end of the game!

Buffalo W - Buffalo defense brings it but Sam fights throw it & plays it safe taking what they give him, or defense is dominant & creates 5 turnovers 3 picks ( 1 pick 6 ) & 2 fumbles ( 1 returned )

Minnesota W - at this point in the season we're playing for the #1 seed & we take care of business against the Vikings & lock up division title!

Tampa W - see above, that's win #13 & locks ups the #1 seed in the conference!

Seattle L - We rest our starters in the second half, Seattle kicks a late FG for the win we get ready for the playoff tho!

We will win the Superbowl & Sam wins Superbowl MVP! The Era begins we win four more superbowls during Sam's time here!
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

U gotRAM right wrote:
I got us going 13-3 and winning the Superbowl! Yeah I said it, here's the realistic & pretty spot on prediction enjoy gentleman!

Detroit W - Defense is ahead of offense & we punch Detroit in the mouth week 1, best stats by a WR in this game Brian Quick!

Washington W - Sam shows his a$$ against the rookie & the defense gets after RG3 & he too worried about being a pocket passer instead if using his legs!

Chicago W - Chicago still adjusting to new offense & OC plus we make they're defense look old, Sam killing it & the media going ga ga over him & Fisher!

Seattle W - Defense, Defense, Defense! We frustrate the Seattle QB's we see 2 QB's in this game, Jackson goes crazy in this game +150 3tds!

Arizona W - Same Blueprint as above with defense only Sam & his crew of WR's will be beasting & chatter begins could Sam be the leagues MVP?!

Miami W - Miami already thinking about playing the rookie QB, by the middle of 3rd quarter they say what the hell do we got to lose its a blowout!

Green Bay L - The showdown MVP vs Leading MVP candidate, Sam holds his own, the young corners have a rough day, we score with 1:15 left on the clock but miss the 2 point conversion to put us up by 3! Green Bay kicks a long FG!

New England W - We go across the pond & beat Brady, Sam goes nuts...take that McDaniels! Brady gives up the high praise saying the dline brought more pressure than Giants dline!

San Fran L - San Fran needs this win to keep us with us, it gets nasty all defense! I think a turnover losses it for us sack fumble from behind & we lose a low scoring game but S.F. is on notice.

N.Y. Jets W - We see Tebow is game & our Dline is up for the challenge, Sam has a field day, props to the Oline hes got all day to throw!

Arizona W - Arizona is looking towards the draft & the QB's that are coming out that's win #9 if your counting!

San Fran W - This one gets nasty but only for S.F. the Dome is rocking from the start, QB play is the difference in this game, Sam will be hearing MVP chants by the end of the game!

Buffalo W - Buffalo defense brings it but Sam fights throw it & plays it safe taking what they give him, or defense is dominant & creates 5 turnovers 3 picks ( 1 pick 6 ) & 2 fumbles ( 1 returned )

Minnesota W - at this point in the season we're playing for the #1 seed & we take care of business against the Vikings & lock up division title!

Seattle L - We rest our starters in the second half, Seattle kicks a late FG for the win we get ready for the playoff tho!

We will win the Superbowl & Sam wins Superbowl MVP! The Era begins we win four more superbowls during Sam's time here!

Lol, Ugot, I didn't even know you posted here. Laughing

imani

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i voted 5-7, i think this team will bounce back to where it was 2 years ago fighting seattle for the playoffs. 2013, is when we'll be seeing the playoff contenders IMO, after the team and coaching staff has had time to gel and really implement their philosophy throughout the organization.

I see no way this team wins less then 6 games

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
JAD

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6-10, struggling early, picking it up late to show promise for next year.

Use our two top 15 draft picks to add a #1 receiver and a playmaking defender.

Bjoern Werner Tunes Up for Senior Season
U gotRAM right

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
U gotRAM right wrote:

Lol, Ugot, I didn't even know you posted here. Laughing

Not much I'm always looking in tho but my prediction needs to be heard, I'm gonna nail this 1 & I want all my props for a great prediction as we all celebrate a championship!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: