Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

D.J. Williams Suspension Appeal Case Dismissed

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JRebar913

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: D.J. Williams Suspension Appeal Case Dismissed Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/21/judge-dismisses-d-j-williams-lawsuit-against-the-nfl/

Was hoping that he would be able to play, like what pat & kevin williams did during their case against the nfl. i think he is getting the short end of the stick because his case is similar to brauns. what do ya'll think?
AKRNA

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Re: D.J. Williams Suspension Appeal Case Dismissed Reply with quote

JRebar913 wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/21/judge-dismisses-d-j-williams-lawsuit-against-the-nfl/

Was hoping that he would be able to play, like what pat & kevin williams did during their case against the nfl. i think he is getting the short end of the stick because his case is similar to brauns. what do ya'll think?

I'm just curious if he's a cat or dog guy.
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would never, ever think DJ Williams is getting the short end of the stick. It isn't hard to provide a sample of your own urine without complications. He is trying to get by on a technicality, and I kind of hope it fails to make him learn a lesson (doubtful).

MUFC OK
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Players like DJ make you want to pull your hair out.

He's a total screw-up, immature POS if there ever was one.

But at the same time he's an important part of the Broncos and we're a better defense, a better team, when he's on the field.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ Williams is an idiot and deserves to be suspended by the Broncos org. if the NFL doesn't suspend him. That said it seems like he is getting a raw deal in this situation.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rotoworld for whatever reason has now at least a couple times eluded to the fact that DJ Williams will be done in a Denver Bronco uniform.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2664/dj-williams
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
Rotoworld for whatever reason has now at least a couple times eluded to the fact that DJ Williams will be done in a Denver Bronco uniform.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2664/dj-williams

That assumption can be made, but like AAA said above, the organization has to weigh his talents against his troubles. Quite a dilemma. On the current roster DJ is the best at his position.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy. this is getting ridiculous. DJ has now appealed the appeal rejection.

Here's the latest from the DP. Pretty funny reading the comments after the article. Seems like the "Bronco Nation" has about had enough.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20919174/broncos-d-j-williams-appeals-decision-dismiss-nfl
mke1010

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He should have taken the reduction from 6 games to 3 games like Mcbean agreed to in order to drop the suit. Now it's all or nothing for DJ because after going ahead with the suit, there is no incentive for the NFL to reduce his suspension like they did for McBean.

He has to fight this all the way to the highest court if he wants to get the injunction stopping the suspension while the suit is on going. He may still prevail but in the end, I think it would have been best for everyone if he had just taken the 3 game suspension that was offered as a compromise.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
He should have taken the reduction from 6 games to 3 games like Mcbean agreed to in order to drop the suit. Now it's all or nothing for DJ because after going ahead with the suit, there is no incentive for the NFL to reduce his suspension like they did for McBean.

He has to fight this all the way to the highest court if he wants to get the injunction stopping the suspension while the suit is on going. He may still prevail but in the end, I think it would have been best for everyone if he had just taken the 3 game suspension that was offered as a compromise.

Both he and his attorney are idiots if they even think the "highest court" would waste their time on a case like this.

He'd be better off just shutting up and getting his name out of the papers. Did I mention he's an idiot?
germ-x

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't know where to put this, so i figured it belonged in the trouble making LB thread.

Reportedly Denver is 1 of 2 teams that have expressed interest in supplemental draft LB Larry Lumpkin out of Carson-Newman (he transferred from Alabama A&M). Statistically it looks like he can play on the field, but is a mess off of it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/lb-larry-lumpkin-getting-look-185109242--nfl.html
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
Didn't know where to put this, so i figured it belonged in the trouble making LB thread.

Reportedly Denver is 1 of 2 teams that have expressed interest in supplemental draft LB Larry Lumpkin out of Carson-Newman (he transferred from Alabama A&M). Statistically it looks like he can play on the field, but is a mess off of it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/lb-larry-lumpkin-getting-look-185109242--nfl.html

Saw this report, too. One head case as an insurance for another head case. Don't know what I would think of Lumpkin coming in. Does anybody know more about this guy?

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: