Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Fantasy Football League - Rule clarification on page 8
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Onyxmeth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HakeemTheDream wrote:
In defense to Romo being drafted in the 5th, I also picked him in the middle of the 5th round of the Feeder league draft. Considering that Rivers and Peyton were already gone, Romo was a good choice IMO. I didn't want to settle with the possibility of ending up with Roethlisberger, Schaub, Ryan, or Cutler as my starter. There was two people behind me who needed QBs, and they have two picks in between my picks.

Toomer was right in saying that Romo puts up great stats. If anything, he is a very good fantasy QB. He was the last of the bunch with the potential to be a top 5 fantasy QB this year. I had him as my fantasy QB last year and felt comfortable week in and week out starting him. It sucks that I gotta have an Cowboys QB as my fantasy starter being a Giants fan, but fantasy football makes you think with your head and not your heart.
I wasn't condemning Romo in the 5th. I said it was a good spot for him. I was questioning why the laughing smilie, that suggests a big steal was just drafted, was necessary. Romo has been a good fantasy QB, but he has plenty of question marks to not be worth higher than a 5th, and not be taken as a top 5 fantasy QB.

l3lind golfer wrote:
It's official. LeBron is staying in Cleveland. Quote that. I have a source. If it's not true, I'll never post here again.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Onyxmeth wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Onyxmeth wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Onyxmeth wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Tony Romo in the 5th? Yes plz... Laughing
Sounds about right for a guy coming off of 4000 yards and 31 TDs.

4k and 30+ with broken ribs and one of his top 2 WR's out for most of the first half?

I'd sig bet he finishes Top 5 this season barring injury
No barring injury. Romo has a thorough enough injury history to put it into his prediction. What year would you like to use to predict Romo at if not 2011? Would you like to use his 2010 season of 1600 yards and 11 TDs? Not top 5. His 2009 season of 4400 yards and 26 TDs? Not top 5. You tell me the thought process that brings you to believe Romo will be top 5 when the guy hasn't put up top 5 fantasy numbers since 2007.

It's a sig bet - there's a reason it's called a bet. If it's so outrageous it's an easy accept on your part.
Yes on the sig bet if you drop the injury clause. Considering you're talking about any injuries, even injuries that don't cause lost games, you have an out for anything you want, even the most minor of injuries. Romo's been on the injury report at least 3 out of the last 4 seasons. I can't remember 2009 too well, but I think I remember him on the Probable list a few weeks for stuff about his back. You have far too easy an out in the bet as is, with as injury prone as Romo is.

Alright so we will call it an injury only if he misses a game(s). The ribs he didn't miss any games but it significantly hindered him so it'd help you and hurt me in that scenario.

As for the laugh, its just funny how everyone here always calls Romo nothing but a fantasy QB but he's the 12th or 13th QB off the board and behind guys he has no
business being drafted behind. Wasn't sure if you guys were just hating on Romo or legit giving him to me

Sig courtesy of mack.
Onyxmeth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Onyxmeth wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Onyxmeth wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Onyxmeth wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Tony Romo in the 5th? Yes plz... Laughing
Sounds about right for a guy coming off of 4000 yards and 31 TDs.

4k and 30+ with broken ribs and one of his top 2 WR's out for most of the first half?

I'd sig bet he finishes Top 5 this season barring injury
No barring injury. Romo has a thorough enough injury history to put it into his prediction. What year would you like to use to predict Romo at if not 2011? Would you like to use his 2010 season of 1600 yards and 11 TDs? Not top 5. His 2009 season of 4400 yards and 26 TDs? Not top 5. You tell me the thought process that brings you to believe Romo will be top 5 when the guy hasn't put up top 5 fantasy numbers since 2007.

It's a sig bet - there's a reason it's called a bet. If it's so outrageous it's an easy accept on your part.
Yes on the sig bet if you drop the injury clause. Considering you're talking about any injuries, even injuries that don't cause lost games, you have an out for anything you want, even the most minor of injuries. Romo's been on the injury report at least 3 out of the last 4 seasons. I can't remember 2009 too well, but I think I remember him on the Probable list a few weeks for stuff about his back. You have far too easy an out in the bet as is, with as injury prone as Romo is.

Alright so we will call it an injury only if he misses a game(s). The ribs he didn't miss any games but it significantly hindered him so it'd help you and hurt me in that scenario.

As for the laugh, its just funny how everyone here always calls Romo nothing but a fantasy QB but he's the 12th or 13th QB off the board and behind guys he has no
business being drafted behind. Wasn't sure if you guys were just hating on Romo or legit giving him to me
Where would you like to draw the line then, if not missed time? You can call off the bet for a sprained ankle or a sore thumb if you want. Basically anything Romo gets that puts him on the Probable list would allow you to not have to pony up on your end of the bet, and I'd say there's a significantly good chance, somewhere in the neighborhood of 80-90% that Romo at least finds himself on the Probable list for a week or more this season, which means more than likely you'll have an out. If you're that confident in Romo, you should be confident in his ability to stay healthy and perform. If not, then you know exactly why you picked him up in the 5th to begin with.

l3lind golfer wrote:
It's official. LeBron is staying in Cleveland. Quote that. I have a source. If it's not true, I'll never post here again.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what were arguing about. I conceeded the injury clause to missed game(s) as opposed to some irrational reduction to the ridiculous that you came up with

Sig courtesy of mack.
Onyxmeth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
I'm not sure what were arguing about. I conceeded the injury clause to missed game(s) as opposed to some irrational reduction to the ridiculous that you came up with
Ok so a sig bet that Romo ends up top 5 in fantasy football under the Yahoo league rules we're using for the Feeder/Keeper Leagues, barring games missed due to injury.

How does two weeks sig bet following the Eli sig bet work for you? Eli sig bet typically runs from the start of the playoffs to the conclusion of the Super Bowl.

l3lind golfer wrote:
Xfaxtor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:

Thats the thing about Romo though. He moves around a lot, holds onto the ball, takes big licks and gets himself injured. Its a part of his game and a big part of why hes not a top 5 fantasy QB. Saying hell be " barring injury" isnt really saying anything, cause thats never going to happen..
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Onyxmeth wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Ok so a sig bet that Romo ends up top 5 in fantasy football under the Yahoo league rules we're using for the Feeder/Keeper Leagues, barring games missed due to injury.

How does two weeks sig bet following the Eli sig bet work for you? Eli sig bet typically runs from the start of the playoffs to the conclusion of the Super Bowl.

Sounds good.

Sig courtesy of mack.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xfaxtor wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

Thats the thing about Romo though. He moves around a lot, holds onto the ball, takes big licks and gets himself injured. Its a part of his game and a big part of why hes not a top 5 fantasy QB. Saying hell be " barring injury" isnt really saying anything, cause thats never going to happen..

A missed block on a quick throw and a big hit on another relatively quick throw are the causes of his last two injuries. The only injury due to holding the ball and scrambling was vs AZ on his pinky.

Sig courtesy of mack.
Gmen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Onyxmeth wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

I wasn't planning on doing an Eli sig bet this year. He has nothing left to prove, and quite frankly is getting more respect around here then I ever imagined he would on this forum.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Onyxmeth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
Onyxmeth wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

I wasn't planning on doing an Eli sig bet this year. He has nothing left to prove, and quite frankly is getting more respect around here then I ever imagined he would on this forum.
NOOOOOOOO!!!

Ok then, so I guess I have nothing to live on for.

l3lind golfer wrote:
Onyxmeth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soooo...Feeder League?

l3lind golfer wrote:
IR0NM1KE

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooo... my RBs suck again Laughing, but anyone whose been here for more than a year saw that coming.
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IR0NM1KE wrote:
Sooo... my RBs suck again Laughing, but anyone whose been here for more than a year saw that coming.

Yea I really don't like Greene. I wasn't going to say anything when you picked but you called it out Laughing I don't think he's got very good...anything really. Plus with Tebow there to take all the goal line work from him...

Granted I'm not a huge fan of mine either. Jackson always scares me and Helu is going to be competing for touches with Hightower...but everyone keeps saying that Helu has more talent in every aspect and thus will be playing more but...it's a Shanny backfield.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Onyxmeth wrote:
Soooo...Feeder League?

Yea I'm on it. Life is a little busier this year than in years past Razz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case everyone isn't reading the draft threads...we're looking for someone to take over Onyxmeth's team. He hasn't posted in any of the forums in a month and have no idea what happened to him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: