Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Breakout Candidate - Reshard Jones
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SUG

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm simply in the camp of may the best man win.

Yeah Smith & Davis are my fav tandem/combo but this really boils down to having the best performer/talent fit the scheme, period.

If the Pass Coverage does switch to more of a Zone coverage I don't see Smith having success as a starting CB in Mia.

However I still would like to entertain my theory of lining Smith up on a stud TE & leave him there for every
snap of the game no matter where that TE lines up.

Go Phins
sug
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have thought this for awhile myself i think VD is solid but a bit overated in this forum and sean smith is a little better then some think.. As for marshal i love that he is physical and comes up and tackles on screens and bubble screens and can jam you,can get beat in space
PhinFan52

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
Vontae is overrated in this forum, Sean Smith is underrated and Richard Marshall, I believe will disappoint.

I will be rooting hard for all of them, but especially Marshall, who played college ball in the city where I grew up (Fresno State).

Marshalls worst season was 2008.. 75 tkls.. 1 INT 4 PD...
last season (his 2nd worst.. stat wise) 78 tkls.. 11 PD.. 3 INTS... better then Smiths numbers.. just saying..
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhinFan52 wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:
Vontae is overrated in this forum, Sean Smith is underrated and Richard Marshall, I believe will disappoint.

I will be rooting hard for all of them, but especially Marshall, who played college ball in the city where I grew up (Fresno State).

Marshalls worst season was 2008.. 75 tkls.. 1 INT 4 PD...
last season (his 2nd worst.. stat wise) 78 tkls.. 11 PD.. 3 INTS... better then Smiths numbers.. just saying..

When it comes to corners I think stats can be especially misleading. A CB with lots of tackles, INTS, etc, only suggests that your man or side of the field was thrown to often. In fact, sometimes the best corners have very low numbers in those categories.

Look at Revis compared to Marshall's numbers over the last year:

Marshall tackles: 78
Revis tackles: 41

Marshall INTS: 3
Revis: INTS: 4

The year before that Revis had a mere 32 tackles and 0 picks (in 13 games).

For years Dolphins fans got all hot and bothered by Terrell Buckely because he had tons of INTS, but if you watch those game it was due largely to the fact that opposing QB threw time and time against T-Buck and gave up way more than he took.

I'm not suggesting Marshall stinks, not at all. I'm a huge fan. He could beat out Smith. I wouldn't be totally blown out of the water if he did, but I don't think he will. Smith is just 24 and I think he could be ready to peak (along with Vontae). I see Marshall more as a nickel and exceptional depth, but I won't be crushed if he becomes more.

If Marshall and Culver both make the starting rotation, I'd be pretty pleased. Both played for Fresno State, and I always root for the Fresno State guys.
green4gulf

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
I'm simply in the camp of may the best man win.

Yeah Smith & Davis are my fav tandem/combo but this really boils down to having the best performer/talent fit the scheme, period.

If the Pass Coverage does switch to more of a Zone coverage I don't see Smith having success as a starting CB in Mia.

However I still would like to entertain my theory of lining Smith up on a stud TE & leave him there for every
snap of the game no matter where that TE lines up.

Go Phins
sug

You're probably right, but Smith has such big holes in his game still in both Man and Zone Coverage I don't think either scheme matters.....that's not to say he doesn't have his strengths because he is long and at times gets great position. I can see Smith easily getting better at his Zone whereas IMO he'll forever be exploited in Man.
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Reshad Jones is our most talented safety. I think it does everything well. I think he will only get better due to the coaching in Coyle.

UniversalAuthor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: