Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pacman

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
latinoaustino

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Pacman Reply with quote

Great read and good to see he got his head on straight. It's unfortunate that it took what it did for him to get to this place but I'm happy for him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/pacman-jones-tells-rookies-once-blew-1-million-163735401--nfl.html

Adopt A Titan

Alterraun Verner and Scott Solomon
TitanTuff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea he seems to have accepted reality: he blew it. That interview was kind of sad. I was Pac Man...now I'm Adam.

2014 Adopt-A-Titan 7 Zach Mettenberger
derekfelty

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We needa give adam jones another chance & bring him back to the tennessee titans! #32 Come Back Home To Us Titans Fans.
titanrick

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jones said there will not be another "Pacman" in the NFL, and credited Goodell for having changed him as a person. Jones understood that he put himself in a position to be suspended.

If Adam isn't just saying what he thinks others want to hear, that is amazing (almost unbelievable) maturity coming from him.

Well done, Adam and sincere wishes of good luck in the future!

Before I got married I had six theories about bringing up children; now I have six children and no theories. - John Wilmot
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screw him. I'll never forgive him or VY for what they did 2 this team. Reece has to be 1 of the worst GM's of all-time.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Screw him. I'll never forgive him or VY for what they did 2 this team. Reece has to be 1 of the worst GM's of all-time.

Pretty sure Fisher wanted Pacman. Thought he could change and mature him. Talent wise, it was a good call, I suppose. Reese gets flack for us having to blow our team up, but at the time, he made the best call for us to challenge for a Super Bowl.
titanrick

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
Pretty sure Fisher wanted Pacman. Thought he could change and mature him. Talent wise, it was a good call, I suppose. Reese gets flack for us having to blow our team up, but at the time, he made the best call for us to challenge for a Super Bowl.

... and Bud wanted VY. Seems like neither pick was fully Reese's idea.

As for the bold, I couldn't agree more. Reese hid nothing from us as fans. He and Fisher both repeatedly mentioned how we were robbing Peter to pay Paul in the hopes of a title. We fell one yard short, but would you rather have never taken the chance? I think the odds are much greater that we would have never even sniffed the Super Bowl had they managed the cap in a "financially responsible" way and kept releasing valuable vets to turn the reigns over to cheaper youngsters.

I don't know if there is a good football analogy, but in baseball terms would you rather root for the Marlins who have bounced between titles and "everything-must-go" rebuilding years or the Pirates who simply let players go as soon as they come up for big pay-days?

Ultimately, it didn't pay off. We didn't win the title. But in my eyes, they put everything they had into that chance and it was an exciting ride. I'd rather have those memories than several more 9-7 seasons with 1st round playoff exits.

Before I got married I had six theories about bringing up children; now I have six children and no theories. - John Wilmot
titans0021

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People have always been mighty hard on Floyd. His drafting towards the end was certainly not up to par, but I will never blame him for the rebuilding period. We knew exactly what we were getting into when we handed out the big second and/or third contracts and then, when we finally had to clean house, people acted like it was some sort of huge shock.

As far as Adam goes, hopefully he is telling the truth and I will root for the guy to continue to turn his life around.

With that said, it still hurts to think about just how good the guy could have been. In 2006, Pac was the second best returner in football and one of the three best pure cover corners in the game. I still have little doubt that we win a Super Bowl in 2008 if Pac avoids trouble and continues to progress as a player.
derekfelty

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss having pac-man-jones on the team he was a good player, wish he would have changed his life arounf sooner. He could have prob been a better CB. It would be nice having jones and cortland together as our CB's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: