Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers Forum Fantasy Football League Year 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adamq

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cHaInBrEaKeRiii wrote:
gridirongorilla wrote:
WHEW! The draft order is finished, it took a little finesse... I had to do minor tweaks to a few rounds to make things as even as possible while still keeping it random. You should be able to view the draft order via the league page. I'll work on the game schedule next week!

Ok bro.. I'm trying to understand the draft order.. but I can't.. I see what you did with the first 2 rounds.. then I'm lost. Can you explain please? Thanks!

Completely random after first 2 rounds

-kiltman
cHaInBrEaKeRiii

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adamq wrote:
cHaInBrEaKeRiii wrote:
gridirongorilla wrote:
WHEW! The draft order is finished, it took a little finesse... I had to do minor tweaks to a few rounds to make things as even as possible while still keeping it random. You should be able to view the draft order via the league page. I'll work on the game schedule next week!

Ok bro.. I'm trying to understand the draft order.. but I can't.. I see what you did with the first 2 rounds.. then I'm lost. Can you explain please? Thanks!

Idk if I like that ...

Can you do a snake after that? Cuz the gap I pick my players is WAYY too much in the few rounds that really matter.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cHaInBrEaKeRiii wrote:
adamq wrote:
cHaInBrEaKeRiii wrote:
gridirongorilla wrote:

Idk if I like that ...

Can you do a snake after that? Cuz the gap I pick my players is WAYY too much in the few rounds that really matter.

I posted weeks ago that the draft order would be random after round 2. I asked anybody who had questions to let me know. Nobody said anything. In preparation I increased some of the points scoring for idps and wrs. Good idps can get you as many points as some quality offensive guys. There are good.players to draf from top to bottom. However, if enough people don't like it, then we have time to consider changes. And or we can roll with it as is and make changes next season.

Edit: also with snaking, the wait times between picks from picking first first to last in consecutive rounds is actually several picks longer than the wait between any picks in with the current setup. If anything, it averages to about the same if you factor in all the rounds. This way you just wont have to wait as long between picks. Also I reviewed and tweaked some rounds slightly to ensure that each slightly longer wait had a slightly shorter wait to compensate. Couple that with increased scoring for idps and wr/tes and you have the makings of a good draft. There are players from the top to the bottom of the draft that can help a team. Especially if you have keepers....imho.

Also, there are only 11 picks made in the first two rounds combined. Meaning that the 1st pick in the third round is only the 12th pick overall....leaving plenty of good players available for rounds 3 and beyond.

Last edited by gridirongorilla on Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
cHaInBrEaKeRiii

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was under the impression that it was gonna be random order 1-12 and we're gonna do the snake thing like 1 - 12 and then 12 -1 ... that's why I didn't say anything. I didn't think every round is going to random.

After first two rounds.. I'm picking 7th in 3rd round, 10th in the 4th round, 12 in the 5th round, 8th in the 6th round and 9th in 7th round before I hit a 4th and 1st in rounds 8 and 9.

Between my 1st and 2nd picks (3rd and 4th rounds) I'll have to wait 18 picks, while some others only have to wait 5 or 6. Quality people can be drafted here. I know you're trying to be fair .. But I think doing snake is probably fair and best to everyone.

Not trying to a pain in the neck but top 10 rounds are very crucial in fantasy football ...

And I'm not even picking in Round 11... what's up with that? lol

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cHaInBrEaKeRiii wrote:
I was under the impression that it was gonna be random order 1-12 and we're gonna do the snake thing like 1 - 12 and then 12 -1 ... that's why I didn't say anything. I didn't think every round is going to random.

After first two rounds.. I'm picking 7th in 3rd round, 10th in the 4th round, 12 in the 5th round, 8th in the 6th round and 9th in 7th round before I hit a 4th and 1st in rounds 8 and 9.

Between my 1st and 2nd picks (3rd and 4th rounds) I'll have to wait 18 picks, while some others only have to wait 5 or 6. Quality people can be drafted here. I know you're trying to be fair .. But I think doing snake is probably fair and best to everyone.

Not trying to a pain in the neck but top 10 rounds are very crucial in fantasy football ...

Crap.... The funniest part about that is that the draft editor ensures that each gm has 25 picks....I must have given you an extra pick somewhere! Point made... It was very laborous to set up and sucks to have wasted all that time, but it doesn't look like it's going to work. To be honest I've never done keeper via yahoo so I guessy lack of.experience with it came back to haunt me..

We will snake the order. However it will start after round 3. Meaninv you will pick last in round 3 and first in round 4, etc.
cHaInBrEaKeRiii

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gridirongorilla wrote:
cHaInBrEaKeRiii wrote:

Crap.... The funniest part about that is that the draft editor ensures that each gm has 25 picks....I must have given you an extra pick somewhere! Point made... It was very laborous to set up and sucks to have wasted all that time, but it doesn't look like it's going to work. To be honest I've never done keeper via yahoo so I guessy lack of.experience with it came back to haunt me..

We will snake the order. However it will start after round 3. Meaninv you will pick last in round 3 and first in round 4, etc.

Cool! So we're just gonna use the same order as rounds 1 n 2 but will start the snake in round 3 right? Ya that's cool with me...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="cHaInBrEaKeRiii"][quote="gridirongorilla"][quote="cHaInBrEaKeRiii"]I was under the impression that it was gonna be random order 1-12 and we're gonna do the snake thing like 1 - 12 and then 12 -1 ... that's why I didn't say anything. I didn't think every round is going to random.

And I'm not even picking in Round 11... what's up with that? lol[/quote]

We will snake the order. However it will start after round 3. Meaninv you will pick last in round 3 and first in round 4, etc.[/quote]

Cool! So we're just gonna use the same order as rounds 1 n 2 but will start the snake in round 3 right? Ya that's cool with me...[/quote]

It will be worst to first rounds one through three. Round 4 will be first to worst. So I suppose it technically starts snaking after the third round depending on how you look at it. There are only 11 picks in the first two rounds, so reversing the order after the third round....snaking it from there.... makes sense. The third round is a quasi first round with rounds one and two being sort of "catch up" rounds for those who don't have keepers. Hopefully that makes sense.... Laughing
cHaInBrEaKeRiii

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya... Understood. Technically the snake starts from the beginning of the 3rd. Going from worst to first and in round 4 it's first to worst and so on (just like normal drafts). Cool bro... I can't wait for the draft!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not listed in round 13..... Confused

^Thanks to NS922

EverythingSF wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:

Alex's Mom?

Alex's High School Backup? Wink
gridirongorilla

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverythingSF wrote:

I'm going to adjust to snaking....

Sorry fellas! This is why I shouldn't be working on this stuff while doing work related things at the same time.

It was my first time trying to do a keeper league as a Commissioner, period. Someone suggested to do it random after round 2 and it seemed like a good idea at the time...I tried my best to make it work, but it seems to be a fairly massive fail....lol. Embarassed My apologies.

Yahoo's draft editor told me that everyone had 25 picks, I must have a had few slight errors where some folks missed a pick in one round somehow... Confused Nothing to do about it now except laugh about it, fix it and move on.

Rest assured I will fix the draft order and everything will be smooth sailing as it has been the last 5 years. Cool
cHaInBrEaKeRiii

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gridirongorilla wrote:
EverythingSF wrote:

Sorry fellas! This is why I shouldn't be working on this stuff while doing work related things at the same time.

It was my first time trying to do a keeper league as a Commissioner, period. Someone suggested to do it random after round 2 and it seemed like a good idea at the time...I tried my best to make it work, but it seems to be a fairly massive fail....lol. Embarassed My apologies.

Yahoo's draft editor told me that everyone had 25 picks, I must have a had few slight errors where some folks missed a pick in one round somehow... Confused Nothing to do about it now except laugh about it, fix it and move on.

Rest assured I will fix the draft order and everything will be smooth sailing as it has been the last 5 years. Cool

It's cool bro... you do a good job...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cHaInBrEaKeRiii wrote:
gridirongorilla wrote:
EverythingSF wrote:

thanks. Nbd other than it took forever to set up....oh well. Cool
EverythingSF

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gridirongorilla wrote:
cHaInBrEaKeRiii wrote:
gridirongorilla wrote:
EverythingSF wrote:

thanks. Nbd other than it took forever to set up....oh well. Cool

Yeah no apologies needed man, being a commish of a league (especially keeper leagues) is a lot of work and we appreciate it. However I definitely would not be opposed to doing no snake draft and rather just repeating the same as the original first round Twisted Evil

^Thanks to NS922

EverythingSF wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:

Alex's Mom?

Alex's High School Backup? Wink
adamq

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will be IDPs again, right?

-kiltman
cHaInBrEaKeRiii

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adamq wrote:
There will be IDPs again, right?

Yup!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: