Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My Draft Grade/ Opinion so far

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KiwiFan94

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: My Draft Grade/ Opinion so far Reply with quote

The picks

Aaron Rodgers QB Cal

Nick Collins FS Cookman

Terrence Murphy WR Texas A&M

The Grade C+

Well boys it did not pan out like we really wanted did it but I can say the same about last year. Rodgers I really did not want but was the BPA at the time and will pan out I hope. Nick Collins was a reach but could pan out the best so far he has incrediable speed for a safety and has good hands. He will only excell in Bates style of defense he should become very good. Terrence on the other hand I was really mad we made this pick I know he will be our new return man and will help us out there. But we could have gotten Crowder or Tuck both of who would have made a huge upgrade to our defense. So far I say we get a C+ simply because of Collins potential and how high Rodgers was ranked. I think the fourth round will bring good things because we get three picks and Canty is still on the board along with McCune and several other players who will be good.

~Mozilla on the sig~
hauschild

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BPA"s don't win championships my good man!
byzr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i say we offer rodgers to the phins for taylor and then add what ever else they want. my grade is a F as bad as they could have done if they'd been the vikings from a couple years ago. i mean we've got no one to even help the defense yet. Collins will be a project who COULD be decent.

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i will give this draft a 5 out of a possible ten
round one- QB Aaron Rodgers -new g.m. wants to begin to put together his team, starting with his future QB, Craig Nall will be a stop gap QB i've said it all along and after this season either he or o'sullivan will be gone and after next season both will be gone
round two(a)-CB/S Nick Collins-will fight thomas for nickleback and possibly step in at the end of the season at safety.
round two(b)-WR Terence Murphy pre combine projected by sporting news as a second rounder,compared in there annual draft publication to Donald Driver, could supplant chatman as return man and give us a return man who doesn't run into the backs of his own guys
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
hauschild

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind Collins, I can see the versatility. But in all actuality, all three picks are huge reaches. Everything you read about these guys is...they COULD do this, or they COULD develop into that.

I mean with 3 of the first 58 picks, that's all we get???

Grade - F
duxrule

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogers was a MUST TAKE" when he was still there. Had to.
A WR in round 2 was NOT a good plan tho. Neither was reaching for a guy that would have been there in round 3 in Collins.
Tuck, Crowder et al...............?

Maybe Simmons or Brow IS going to sign the dotted line yet.
We can hope.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: