Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL Snooze News thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 66, 67, 68  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last month I heard that 4 other NFL teams were interested in him.

The girl (if I remember correctly) did not openly admit she lied from the goodness of her heart, he tape recorded a telephone conversation they had together in while she admited she made it up. She didnt officially (when I heard) admit she lied, as she was awarded +1M previously in damages when she sued the school board previously.

Either way hope he gets a shot somewhere. Tough road ahead for him in whatever he does.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
Last month I heard that 4 other NFL teams were interested in him.

The girl (if I remember correctly) did not openly admit she lied from the goodness of her heart, he tape recorded a telephone conversation they had together in while she admited she made it up. She didnt officially (when I heard) admit she lied, as she was awarded +1M previously in damages when she sued the school board previously.

Either way hope he gets a shot somewhere. Tough road ahead for him in whatever he does.

I would imagine that Banks would likely have to be a practice squad player for a year or two before he really stands a chance of competing for a permanent roster spot. The jump from high school football to professional football is huge, in terms of training and the commitment needed. I cnat think of too many cases where a player made the jump successfully, even adding to the fact that he spent five years in prison and was severely limited in ability to train.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Rams coach Jeff Fisher pointed out to John Glennon of the Tennessean that the Rams’ records in the last five seasons (2-14, 7-9, 1-15, 2-14, 3-13) give them a cumulative won-loss record of 15-65 — and that makes them as bad a team over a five-year period as the NFL has ever seen.

Fisher: “No team in NFL history has lost more games in a five-year span than the Rams the last five years.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/30/jeff-fisher-points-out-just-how-bad-the-rams-have-been-recently/

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
mOBSCENE

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
New Rams coach Jeff Fisher pointed out to John Glennon of the Tennessean that the Rams’ records in the last five seasons (2-14, 7-9, 1-15, 2-14, 3-13) give them a cumulative won-loss record of 15-65 — and that makes them as bad a team over a five-year period as the NFL has ever seen.

Fisher: “No team in NFL history has lost more games in a five-year span than the Rams the last five years.”

The Lions came close to that awfulness, from 2005-2009, they had a cumulative record of 17-63, including a winless season in 08'. On another note, If anybody can turn around the Rams, it's Fisher.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which means that the Rams need to move back to LA, where they belong. I don't think I've ever got used to the name St. Louis Rams...and it's been nearly 20 years.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Which means that the Rams need to move back to LA, where they belong. I don't think I've ever got used to the name St. Louis Rams...and it's been nearly 20 years.

They belong in L.A. and Georgia Fontiere drowned her husband in case anyone had any doubts.
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Pelissero posted this on his twitter:

Quote:
Not sure where the confusion lies but I've seen ‪#Vikings‬ DT Kevin Williams' deal and asked people who know and there is no 2013-14 option.

I was under the impression would trade or cut Williams after this season but it appears it is a contract year for Williams.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:
Tom Pelissero posted this on his twitter:

Quote:
Not sure where the confusion lies but I've seen ‪#Vikings‬ DT Kevin Williams' deal and asked people who know and there is no 2013-14 option.

I was under the impression would trade or cut Williams after this season but it appears it is a contract year for Williams.

Why would we resign him?
2013 Adopt a Minnesota Viking - Xavier Rhodes - CB - #29

XBL - Eastern Walrus
[UMN]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eastern Walrus wrote:
Why would we resign him?

Because he is the only DT on the team that is worth a damn?

I wouldn't throw huge money at Williams, but he is definitely a big part of the defense when he is healthy.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
Eastern Walrus wrote:
Why would we resign him?

Because he is the only DT on the team that is worth a damn?

I wouldn't throw huge money at Williams, but he is definitely a big part of the defense when he is healthy.

no reason to rush into extending him now. id rather see what some of the young DTs like Guion and Ballard have. If both of those players show enough promise, KW will no longer be needed.

As for his contract, its very odd, since everywhere (especially Rotoworld) reported that KW had the option, but maybe the team never exercised it?

Anyway, im glad he is in the last year of his deal rather than having to pay him that bonus money he was suppose to get. I see this being his last season in MN, not much incentive for him to hang around a poor team at this point in his career. Heck, id even trade him now if a team came calling.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

us Ancients who watched football in the 1960's and 70's remember a colorful and ferocious defensive lineman for the Raiders, Ben Davidson. Davidson died this last week, at the age of 73, from pancreatic cancer.

Davidson played when our own Purple People Eaters were the dominant force in the NFL trenches, and when the league's rules encouraged more aggressive defenses. Davidson wasn't known as a dirty player, per se, but was known for taping cardboard and thick newspaper around his forearms and using them as clubs on any QB, running back, or opposing lineman he could get close to. much like Jared Allen today, Davidson had a non-stop motor, played hard on every down, and was a bit of a clown and showman. but like Allen, he produced on the field.

Davidson also briefly appeared in the 1970 movie version of M*A*S*H, that if you youngsters have never seen, you very much should. it's debauchery at its best. and football!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H8GZENV9Hs -- Davidson is #88 in the blue jersey and even at 4:35 in to the clip you see him do his club move to the back of a guy's head.

rest in peace, Ben. you were one of the best of your era.

Webmaster wrote:
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love the mustache.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
i love the mustache.

kept it throughout his adult life:

Webmaster wrote:
perrynoid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't he in one of the Conan movies with Arnold?
milanb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perrynoid wrote:
Wasn't he in one of the Conan movies with Arnold?

Yeah, Arnold killed his snake.

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 66, 67, 68  Next
Page 20 of 68

Jump to: