Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bernard Pollard Signs Extension

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Bernard Pollard Signs Extension Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/08/ravens-extend-bernard-pollards-contract-by-three-years/

Quote:
The Ravens have been busy on Tuesday. Along with signing rookie fifth-rounder Asa Jackson and veteran free-agent Jacoby Jones, the team has extended the contract of safety Bernard Pollard by three years.

The Ravens announced the move on Tuesday evening. Pollard is now under contract through 2015.

I like this move a lot. Before the season I was skeptical of the Pollard signing but he played really well and Pagano was able to maximize his potential. Hopefully Pees continues to do so.
Boodgyman5220

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this. I think Pollard really helped this defense get its swag back this season. He helped make opposing offenses fear us again.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boodgyman5220 wrote:
I love this. I think Pollard really helped this defense get its swag back this season. He helped make opposing offenses fear us again.

Couldn't agree more.

Pollard personifies exactly what it is to play on the Baltimore Ravens defense. Swag. Heart. Ferocity. Tenacity. He brings it all and I love that we rewarded that with an extension!
drd23

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This "signing" makes me far more happy than the other signing of the day. Pollard deserved this, and as long as our DCs can continue to use him where he is most effective and work around his deficiencies in coverage, he'll be a very good SS for us for a few more years to come

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with everyone else on this. This signing helps to maintain consistency in our secondary for years to come (theoretically). He's proven to have the heart of a Raven and with Reed having been in the fence for retirement for some time, Pollard at least should help to sure up the other spot at safety.

Add in having extended Webb and potentially still working on a longer term deal with Cary and that's the consistency you look for barring injury and/or decline.

And while I acknowledge he gave us our best SS play since before Landry's spinal injury... I'm hoping he's not going to be getting paid too handsomely. He is both young and talented... And we did just sign Jones for 3.5m per.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job by the Ravens. Locking up this guy only helps us in the long term as finalizing a great dominate secondary. Good locker room guy, big-time hitter, complements Ed Reed (very well) and " Plays like a Raven". Cool
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was so happy to hear this. His intensity and complementary black-n-blue style quickly made him my favorite Raven.

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
blueridge

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh. Box safeties are a dime a dozen. Typical recent Ravens move-use salary cap on other team's scraps rather than,say, drafting good young college talent. I mean, haven't there been any good college Safeties in the draft since Ed Reed?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: