Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bryan Braman

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jch1911

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Bryan Braman Reply with quote

Sounds like a nasty dude - on and off the field! Still one of my fav Texans!

Helmetless tackle = 1 of my top 10 plays last season Shocked Dancing

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-3/Dreadlocks-exploded-molars-and-explosive-play-The-offseason-of-Byran-Braman/c78ca60c-d485-4ef2-a931-d0f69e60f38e
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Bryan Braman Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
Sounds like a nasty dude - on and off the field! Still one of my fav Texans!

Helmetless tackle = 1 of my top 10 plays last season Shocked Dancing

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-3/Dreadlocks-exploded-molars-and-explosive-play-The-offseason-of-Byran-Braman/c78ca60c-d485-4ef2-a931-d0f69e60f38e

Amen. Gotta love that there is still room for toothless idiots who will ram their heads thru a wall in this league and I absolutely mean that as a compliment. The pussification of sports drives me nuts and as far as I'm concerned linebackers should all be guys who would be hockey enforcers if they could skate. I think that may be what always bugged me a bit about Mario. I don't want my defensive players thinking about what new Lambo to add for their next episode of MTV cribs. Frankly, given all the discussion about QBs here lately, I am so grateful that Matty has proven himself to be a blue collar type of guy who is never going to be on his cell scheduling his next modeling shoot or positioning his wife for her next career on Football Ex-Wives.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
Marco79

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think that may be what always bugged me a bit about Mario.

Come on. Mario played through injuries that would have left people out for the year.
jargin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marco79 wrote:
Quote:

Come on. Mario played through injuries that would have left people out for the year.
Well to be fair Apollo was referring more to Mario's mentality and attitude. We can all agree Mario's mentality is nothing like Cushing's or JJ Watt's.

This was a really good article. I think Scurfield did a great job on this one. Braman is like an Arian Foster on defense. Like a James Harrison type player who will go all out and was never highly touted.

Braman could start at some point next season.
That is a serious point that a lot of Texans fans need to realize.

I have really high hopes for Mercilus, who seems like a real team player type guy, but if it turns out that Mercilus is just average but we have another monster on our hands with Braman, it would lessen the bad feeling that we missed on a 1st rounder because we hit big on an UDFA.

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
treece300e

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jargin wrote:
Marco79 wrote:
Quote:

Well to be fair Apollo was referring more to Mario's mentality and attitude. We can all agree Mario's mentality is nothing like Cushing's or JJ Watt's.

This was a really good article. I think Scurfield did a great job on this one. Braman is like an Arian Foster on defense. Like a James Harrison type player who will go all out and was never highly touted.

Braman could start at some point next season.
That is a serious point that a lot of Texans fans need to realize.

I have really high hopes for Mercilus, who seems like a real team player type guy, but if it turns out that Mercilus is just average but we have another monster on our hands with Braman, it would lessen the bad feeling that we missed on a 1st rounder because we hit big on an UDFA.

And more to your point, I think if Braman and Mercilus end up being solid players, we could see Barwin departing as a FA next season. If he did end up staying and giving us a discount for his services, we could potentially see Reed bounce inside with Cushing and have Mercilus and Braman as rotational guys. I think Brooks might be a little too valuable to move him inside, but IF we had all that talent at LB on our team, that might be the best way to get them all on the field at once.

Also, I wonder if Braman has the frame and work ethic to bulk up to 275ish and play DE to replace Antonio Smith. I'm not saying "OMG MOVE HIM!" but at 6-5 and room to grow, he could possibly develop the body for it and he seems like he'd have motor like that of JJ, Cush and Smith. Just a pipe dream perhaps... lol

EDIT: DURP! J/K We drafted Jared Crick to potentially take over for Smith.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

treece300e wrote:
And more to your point, I think if Braman and Mercilus end up being solid players, we could see Barwin departing as a FA next season.

I'm also on this train for now; I think that Barwin is a "70" player in Rick Smiths "20/70/10" model, and paying him a big $50MM+ deal wouldn't be in the favor of the team for the long haul.

Quote:
If he did end up staying and giving us a discount for his services, we could potentially see Reed bounce inside with Cushing and have Mercilus and Braman as rotational guys.

Actually? I'd have Barwin come into the ILB role, keeping Reed and Mercilius/Braman on the outsides. Reed is still very raw as a LB, and got his name up from rushing the passer; As an ILB, I'd imagine that Reed would be asked to cover and "clean up" more in the run game, and I feel the skillset that Barwin brings to the table better serves these roles.

It wouldn't be the 2 down LB spot that 'Meco Ryans and Bradie James played - it would actually allow Cushing to get a few breathers on the sideline. For as good as he is, the propensity for Cush to get hurt is high, so having some drives where Cush is the 2 down LB would help us out a lot. I say alternate the two - first two drives, Cush is the every down ILB, Barwin is the 2 down LB. Next two drives, Barwin is the every down ILB, Cush is the 2 down LB. Go with the hot hand after that.

Quote:
Also, I wonder if Braman has the frame and work ethic to bulk up to 275ish and play DE to replace Antonio Smith. I'm not saying "OMG MOVE HIM!" but at 6-5 and room to grow, he could possibly develop the body for it and he seems like he'd have motor like that of JJ, Cush and Smith. Just a pipe dream perhaps... lol

EDIT: DURP! J/K We drafted Jared Crick to potentially take over for Smith.

Nah, no "DURP" to it. It's actually a great suggestion. Very Happy

At 6-5 and a lean 250, if he were to put on the size, it would be a pretty dominant rotation, with Watt/Crick/Braman at the 5-Tech spots. The ideal size would be about 275-285, but if Braman can get to 260ish and develop the leverage and knowledge on how to use his hands, I wouldn't hesitate in the LEAST to have him on the DL across from Watt. Braman is cut from the same cloth as Braman, in that he is completely relentless on the snap of the ball - something goes off in his brain on the snap and he just doesn't quit. Watt is like that, and is a terror on the OL. Imagine having TWO guys like that on the line.

I would like to see that as a 2-3 year project; Develop Braman as a 5-Tech and see what happens. He could be scary at the spot.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Braman is cut from the same cloth as Braman

I thought that was only possible in Arkansas Question

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
Braman is cut from the same cloth as Braman

I thought that was only possible in Arkansas Question

Classic.

btw - isn't it amazing how we can make a lighthearted inbreeding joke or Braman can make fun of his "low class toothless family" and no retractions are necessary to the groups that were offended by these generalizations. Dwight Jones had a better opportunity to make this team than Braman did, but Jones would rather use his upbringing as an excuse to not even try to rise above his situation and instead squander it and perpetuate stereotypes.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
PAtexansFAN99

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't expect to see Reed kicked inside. If anything I think the Shawn Lousieau project is going to work out. Cush and Louiseau in the middle would be MEAN.

LORK88

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: