Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

In Soviet Russia, Ruskie Q&A's You!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: In Soviet Russia, Ruskie Q&A's You! Reply with quote

Except not really. Here's everyone's favorite undercover troll, heavy vodka drinker, and knower of Russian stuff.

1. How did you become a Titans fan?

Quote:
Growing up as a kid in Charlotte, NC, I was around when the Panthers arrived in the NFL as an expansion team. However, I was never quite interested in them. Instead, I liked Brett Favre (First player I ever 'recognized') and later liked the 49ers. But when the Tennessee Oilers became the Titans, and I saw how well they played (Steve Air McNair and Eddie George), plus the uniforms, I knew I had found my team.

2. Care to explain your Russian heritage and it's importance to you?

Quote:
Technically, I am of Ukrainian heritage. Both of my parents are from Kiev, the capital city, and the vast majority of my relatives live there or nearby. That being said, when I was born it was still the Soviet esUnion, and growing up I simply considered myself to be 'Russian'. There are some notable differences between the two countries now (especially with Ukraine trying to get a much more individual identity), but for the most part I simply consider myself Russian to keep things simple. I've always loved my heritage, and have used a "Ruskie" moniker for what seems like forever. Emails, PSN, FF, Steam, whatever it is, almost everything is "Ruskie" based.

3. Webby decides you have trolled one too many threads. He bans you from life and sends you to a deserted island to live out your days. You have electricity and internet, but no phone calls, emails, or texts. What five things are you taking with you?

Actual Portable Potty

Quote:
I'm going to go with the assumption that food and water is going to be provided by some means to last me a lifetime.

1) I would first bring my computer. And by my computer, I mean my tower and everything attached to it. That includes the keyboard and mouse, the screen, the surround sound speakers, and the headset. Pretty much covers almost all my bases - I'll get to play video games, watch TV and movies, listen to music, read, whatever I desire.
2) A machete. I don't need no fancy pocket knife or Swiss army knife. Nope. Give me a big, bad, highly sharpened machete and I'll have fun with it. Oh, and use it for useful stuff too.
3) Duct Tape. Somehow have a near-endless supply of duct tape. Between the machete and the duct tape, I'd be able to build a hut and other fancy stuff. Make a spear with a machete. How awesome would that be? Plus I could make a soccer ball with a bunch of duct tape, and amuse myself with many other things.
4) The world's most expensive, most technologically advanced, most comfortable Port-a-potty. While the rest of you are content with just going in the brush and wiping with poison ivy, I personally prefer to go in style and luxury. It'll be climate controlled, with surround-sound speakers, an HD TV, the toilet seat will be the most comfortable one ever created and double as a message chair, and the toilet itself will be a recycling plant with zero smell emitted. Also provides endless supply of toilet paper. Somehow. Don't ask me how.
5) Hayden Panettiere. Listen. Picking some random chick that one of you have heard about would be a little creepy. Especially so if she has no idea I took her pictures from Facebook... Anyway, I realize that, yes, I have my computer, and I do have internet access... but come on! Hayden is my age, I find her to be very attractive, and she seems like a fun gal to have around.

Honorable Mentions:
- A football named Nelson. Wilson won't have nothing on him.
- Endless supply of Vodka. Self explanatory
- Something to create fire with. Figure it'll be a pain to build fire on my own, but hey, I have the internet to help me out. Not to mention Hayden is there if we really need to create heat...
- Michael Griffin. Almost brought him along, but what kind of fan would I be to steal from my favorite team one of the best safeties in the NFL? I could not do something so selfish, so I am content with watching him play online.

4. You can have dinner with anyone from history. Can be personal or historical. Who are you dining with?

Quote:
Easy answer: Michael Griffin. We would have so much to discuss. It is one of my dreams in life to be able to see him live in person. To actually sit down and eat dinner with him? Priceless.

On a more serious note, I would have to bend the rules a bit, and bring two people - both of my grandfathers. They both died last year, and the last time I had seen them was in 2004, if I'm not mistaken. I had an opportunity to go visit my relatives during the summer of 2006, but as a foolish teenager, I chose to stay at home and do football (and other teenager things while living alone). Not being able to spend more time with both of them is easily my biggest regret in life.

5. You may also bring a date along to this dinner and decide what will be eaten. So what are you having and who will be the dessert?

Quote:
Oh, I see what you did there. With regards to what will be eaten first, I'm not quite sure. I don't have any single dish that I would pick out as my single favorite. Probably something involving shrimp. Jumbo shrimp. Already pealed.

As for the dessert, I would bring along Olivia Munn. Granted, my grandfathers and her would not be able to communicate directly, which would make things entertaining, but I figure I'd pick Munn for after the dinner was over.

6. Who is RuskieTitan? What does he do for fun? What's the go to for fixing a bad day?

Quote:
Good question. Who the hell AM I? For the most part, I'm a student at East Carolina University studying Managerial Finance and Russian Studies. Just finished my first 4 years, but only have a semester remaining to finish both of my majors. In terms of what I like to do for fun, I really enjoy movies and sports, video games, but above all I enjoy spending time with my friends, no matter what we do. As for a go to fix for a bad day, using Google on Michael Griffin always cheers me up. Drinking vodka helps too. Taking out my frustration at the gym is another way to cool off. And playing some sort of multiplayer game and beating the living tar out of someone else cheers me up as well. Can't actually go out and beat people up, so it's a nice substitute.

7. What is one thing you have always wanted to do in life but haven't yet?

Quote:
Well, there's quite a number of things I'd like to do in life, but I think a solid amount I should probably refrain from posting on here. Then there's the typical things such as skydiving, which I would want to do... but I don't think I could ever end up doing due to my fear of heights... and fear of parachute failure. I'll probably stick with something that I do want to end up doing and will do in the near future, and that is to learn how to snowboard. I'm a decent skier, never been on a black diamond or anything, but I picked it up pretty quickly and had fun with it. I had even more fun with those really short skies, and I think snowboarding would be something I'd like to learn to do, especially if I mastered it to the point where I could take on those black diamond slopes. SCUBA diving is another thing I'd like to have an opportunity to experience.

8. You get an all-expenses paid trip to anywhere in the world of your choosing. Where you going?

Quote:
This was probably the hardest question for me. There is so much in the world that I'd like to so, and simply picking one place is highly difficult. So I decided to go out of this world. With the private sector rapidly advancing space flights, I think in the near future humans will be able to take space trips. Now, I believe that this would be rather pricy, so having it paid for would be nice. Being able to experience zero gravity, looking down at the Earth and the stars, it would simply be an awe inspiring moment. Overall, having an opportunity to travel to space would be a choice I would not pass up.

9. What NFL team do you hate the most and who is your most hated player?

Quote:
Most hated team, eh? It's a tough question. I've got a number of franchises that I don't particularly care for. The top two would have to be New England and Pittsburgh. Given that New England hasn't had much Super Bowl success lately, I'll have to take Pittsburgh. Between their players, their franchise, and their fans, I would take satisfaction if they had 5 straight winless seasons. As for most hated player... difficult. Right now I couldn't say I truly 'hate' anyone. In terms of players I don't like, Tom Brady ranks up there, but I've developed a respect for him (Don't like him, but respect him). I think I will once again turn to Pittsburgh and pick James Harrison. Dude is a moron who intentionally goes out to hurt people. I remember the Colt McCoy hit, and the Vince Young body slam where I legit thought they might have killed him on the field. Between being dumb, trying to hurt people, and ruining the Cardinals chance at a Super Bowl title, I would have to say he's my most hated player.

10. What could you see making you leave FF for good?

Quote:
Besides being banned?
I enjoy FF, it is the only forum that I am a part of, and I can't see myself leaving it for good. Once I graduate and have a job, then hopefully family, my time spent on here will go down considerably, but I don't think I'd fully leave it. I've been here for over 5 years, and I've had a blast. Looking back, we've lost a number of amazing posters, but that comes with the territory. While it is disappointing, the forum continues to grow, and more people are joining in this fantastic community.

*Bonus Question: Do you have and/or want dreads?

Quote:
I unfortunately do not have dreads, but the second part, is that even a question? Of course I'd want to have dreads. Not sure I could pull it off as amazingly as Michael Griffin, but if I woke up one day with fully grown dreads... I'd rock it for as long as I could.

JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"knower of Russian stuff" Laughing

Love the Munn gif Shocked

good read you two

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Q&A Ruskie!

Was expecting to read Michael Griffin's house for #8. Laughing

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
"knower of Russian stuff" Laughing

Love the Munn gif Shocked

good read you two

TwoToneBlue wrote:
Great Q&A Ruskie!

Was expecting to read Michael Griffin's house for #8. Laughing

Thanks.

And why would I visit someplace that I've already been to... although going inside might be fun...

Anxious

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
SpacemanSpiff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question 2: "its" instead of "it's."

Just saying. Wink
MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I commend you for your love for Michael Griffin and mention of Olivia Munn... Ruskie you sir are the man

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
latinoaustino

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MdTitansFan56 wrote:
I commend you for your love for Michael Griffin and mention of Olivia Munn... Ruskie you sir are the man

Yes,he has done a great job of infiltrating and assimilating himself into our society to seem like he is awesome. Silly Americans don't recognize a commie when they see them anymore.

Adopt A Titan

Alterraun Verner and Scott Solomon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: