Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How Was Eugene Monroe Last Year?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83220
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Guys, don't forget about one of the most underrated left tackles in the NFL : Andrew Whitworth from Cincinnati.


No one is forgetting him, he just wasnt on the list that DrawABlank posted
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Selkiesxx


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 1542
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan Clady has been awful lately, just so everyone knows.
_________________
Newest Mock Draft .:. 1.11.13

@BodamEscapePlan (Twitter)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mikeyfarley


Joined: 16 Jan 2008
Posts: 4430
Location: floride
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eugene Monroe has to be the most overrated player in Jags history if some in here think he played at a pro bowl level last year. 9.5 sacks given up in 15 games isn't anything close to pro bowl level.
_________________
scrimmage wrote:
Tebow just went PREIST MODE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
MoJo122-b-21


Joined: 01 Dec 2009
Posts: 6439
Location: Not London!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikeyfarley wrote:
Eugene Monroe has to be the most overrated player in Jags history if some in here think he played at a pro bowl level last year. 9.5 sacks given up in 15 games isn't anything close to pro bowl level.


Judge o-linemen by the eye test, not abstract PFF numbers. Eugene definitely passed the eye test. A lot of the sacks he supposedly gave up were because he was expecting there to be a pocket and Blaine was chased into his man. He rarely got beat.
_________________
GopherWrestler knows his way around a sig...

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mikeyfarley


Joined: 16 Jan 2008
Posts: 4430
Location: floride
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
mikeyfarley wrote:
Eugene Monroe has to be the most overrated player in Jags history if some in here think he played at a pro bowl level last year. 9.5 sacks given up in 15 games isn't anything close to pro bowl level.


Judge o-linemen by the eye test, not abstract PFF numbers. Eugene definitely passed the eye test. A lot of the sacks he supposedly gave up were because he was expecting there to be a pocket and Blaine was chased into his man. He rarely got beat.
No, if you actually listen to that PFF garbage they thought he was good. But they also rated Tony Pashos as a good RT, so I don't know why anyone would trust their o-line rankings.

If passing the eye test is getting beat by Frostee Rucker when the QB barely had 1 second to stand in the pocket then I guess he did pass the eye test.

He gave up sacks to John Abraham(who was in his mid 30s) what do you think is going to happen against Minnesota week 1?

People want to make excuses for the sacks he gives up by blaming Gabbert, then when people talk about Gabbert it's all whimper's fault. The way everyone talks about Whimper you'd think he gave up 40 sacks, lol.
_________________
scrimmage wrote:
Tebow just went PREIST MODE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83220
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikeyfarley wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
mikeyfarley wrote:
Eugene Monroe has to be the most overrated player in Jags history if some in here think he played at a pro bowl level last year. 9.5 sacks given up in 15 games isn't anything close to pro bowl level.


Judge o-linemen by the eye test, not abstract PFF numbers. Eugene definitely passed the eye test. A lot of the sacks he supposedly gave up were because he was expecting there to be a pocket and Blaine was chased into his man. He rarely got beat.
No, if you actually listen to that PFF garbage they thought he was good. But they also rated Tony Pashos as a good RT, so I don't know why anyone would trust their o-line rankings.

If passing the eye test is getting beat by Frostee Rucker when the QB barely had 1 second to stand in the pocket then I guess he did pass the eye test.

He gave up sacks to John Abraham(who was in his mid 30s) what do you think is going to happen against Minnesota week 1?

People want to make excuses for the sacks he gives up by blaming Gabbert, then when people talk about Gabbert it's all whimper's fault. The way everyone talks about Whimper you'd think he gave up 40 sacks, lol.


He gave up 1 to Abraham, Whimper cost us the other 2. Not sure where Abraham got the other 2. I just went over the highlights of his sacks, looked like at least 2 came from the right tackle spot
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group