Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans sign Safety Michael Griffin to 5-year, $35M deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
s_camp wrote:
Chocolateman78 wrote:
Kinda stunned... I still feel like this dude should have been forsaken this offseason. Here's to hoping Jerry Gray's scheme pays dividends for Griff year two. I trust Gray and as 4x pro bowl safety himself, he should know how to get Griff back to that level.

I swear though, between VY, Bo Scaife and Griff. Bud has spent a very large amount of money awarding underachieving ex-Longhorns

One silver lining here is that Griffin is now playing under a real DC and will have at least a couple years in a real defensive system. With the improvements on the DL the team will have a better pass D all around, and the entire secondary will benefit greatly.

AMEN to that!!! That base 4-3, Cover-2 crap we were running wasn't helping anybody especially our safeties. We didn't have the horses, a clueless DC and a hands off HC at the helm.

Defensive scheme doesn't matter if the problem is between his ears, which I believe it is. He plays hesitant. I disagree with whoever said he's extremely aggressive. I say the exact opposite. I think lack of aggression and decisiveness is a problem for him. He's undisciplined, which is why he's always biting on play action.

**RIP Steve McNair**
s_camp

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
s_camp wrote:
Chocolateman78 wrote:
Kinda stunned... I still feel like this dude should have been forsaken this offseason. Here's to hoping Jerry Gray's scheme pays dividends for Griff year two. I trust Gray and as 4x pro bowl safety himself, he should know how to get Griff back to that level.

I swear though, between VY, Bo Scaife and Griff. Bud has spent a very large amount of money awarding underachieving ex-Longhorns

One silver lining here is that Griffin is now playing under a real DC and will have at least a couple years in a real defensive system. With the improvements on the DL the team will have a better pass D all around, and the entire secondary will benefit greatly.

AMEN to that!!! That base 4-3, Cover-2 crap we were running wasn't helping anybody especially our safeties. We didn't have the horses, a clueless DC and a hands off HC at the helm.

Defensive scheme doesn't matter if the problem is between his ears, which I believe it is. He plays hesitant. I disagree with whoever said he's extremely aggressive. I say the exact opposite. I think lack of aggression and decisiveness is a problem for him. He's undisciplined, which is why he's always biting on play action.

Gray said as much last year during the season. Spot on.
TitanTuff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.titansonline.com/media-center/videos/GM-Webster-Griffin-on-Multi-Year-Contract/b4d124d4-62a9-496a-8874-f6b3796e8e08

2014 Adopt-A-Titan Zach Mettenberger 7
Dionysus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
Dionysus wrote:

Man I sure hope you're wrong here because that worries me way more than MY theory. Or it could be a little of both. But I hope this new Safety coach we got can help him step it up and instill that discipline he needs. If he can tighten up his game in that sense, Griff will be the new flavor for NFL safeties.
ThatTitansFan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just going to point out that the contract is only guaranteed for 15 million. Granted, a bit of the non-guaranteed portion is going to be easy (workout bonuses, etc.) but we're still getting a great deal. My guess is that if he plays like he did two years ago, we're only paying 20-25 (and even then he's still above average) [if we don't cut him down the road]. If he plays like 08 and 09, he makes the 35, which is still a great deal.

Either way, I'm happy with this deal. It's structured to give him upside if he does well, and to save us money if he doesn't.
gibbythemute

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the words of Kenny Powers "Im sad, Dustin. Super, super sad"

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
I'm scared. We've poked the beast and He's now arose.
latinoaustino

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gibbythemute wrote:
In the words of Kenny Powers "Im sad, Dustin. Super, super sad"

Latino approves of this comment.

Adopt A Titan

Alterraun Verner and Scott Solomon
MrOneWayRoad

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not thrilled with this signing at this point. At least we didn't break the bank with it. Hopefully he improves his game. If not, just a straight up dumb move by the FO. Prove me wrong Griffin.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: