Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Stan Havili~
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Stan Havili~ Reply with quote

Quote:
I can do what Leonard Weaver did, Havili said. I just got to show them when camp comes around I can make plays with and without the ball in my hands.

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/eagles-talk/Havili-hoping-for-Weaver-role-with-Eagle?blockID=724338&feedID=692

Our 7th round selection in the 2011 draft. All signs point to him being our starting full back this year, with the Eagles having had no intention of bringing back Owen Schmitt.

How good can Havili be? What kind of player can he be?

Quote:
In 50 career games at USC, he totaled 116 receptions for 1,290 yards and 12 touchdowns, graduating as the program's all-time leader in receptions for a fullback.

He also carried the ball 81 times for 509 yards in college, good for an average of 6.3 yards per carry.

We don't know much about him. He was on our practice squad last year. Apparently the guy can catch.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he is willing to block, Havili can be an awesome FB for us.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
If he is willing to block, Havili can be an awesome FB for us.

Yeah, if he's block he could be like Weaver, but that's a big IF.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: ! Reply with quote

Stan is a big athletic dude, sure as hell has the speed and size to get up into the second level and put some muscle on a linebacker, he is more a natural reciever then natural runner, but can move the chains physically with his legs. . But he will earn his money with his hands. Pete Carroll had him running deep flag routes from the full back position, i imagine Andy wont shy away from letting him go out quite a bit as a reciever. I am excited to see Stan

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
Mr. Incredible

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best receiving fullback I've ever seen throughout the couple of years I've been watching college football. I'm extremely excited to see how Havili can play, I have high expectations for him. As most of you know, he has bulked up and has come into the body of your prototypical NFL fullback. I think he'll be just fine as a blocker and eventually develop into a very good FB in the NFL within the next two-three years.

MaclinandMCcoy wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
McNutt busted hard.

Anyone else? No just me? Alright
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the event that Havili somehow does play very well for us, which is possible, I just want to point out that I was driving his bandwagon since his days at USC. Check the 2011 draft thread for proof.

And in the event that he flops as an NFL FB, then feel free to let me hear it.

ArrowFF Eagles Forum Official Stanley Havili Draft Thread, (from April 2011)

Bednarik60 wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
Havili! One of my favorites from SC. Nice!

first dude i thought of , for real instantly thought of you! Happy for this pick!!!

Eagles_808 wrote:
Love it! Yeah, I really think we're going to find a spot for him on the team. He could be an exciting 5th or 6th offensive option for our team.

Eagles_808 wrote:
philyeagles3 wrote:
Would a fair comparison be the Chargers FB/HB, the name escapes me..and im too lazy to look it up haha.

If you're thinking of Jacob Hester from LSU, not even close. Think more along the lines of (as B60 may or may not have alluded to) a Brian Leonard from Rutgers (theoretically), only a little faster with a bit better hands, but offering much less in the blocking department. Havili is his own type of FB, perfect fit for the west coastish offense we run, if you can find particular packages for him. But again, his ability to willingly learn to block, will determine his fate as far as the Eagles' 53-man game day look is concerned.

mm6492

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't be overly surprised if he gets cut and we don't carry a FB.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: ! Reply with quote

mm6492 wrote:
Wouldn't be overly surprised if he gets cut and we don't carry a FB.
i would kill my self with a wood chipper if that happened.

Withmy89vision

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
In the event that Havili somehow does play very well for us, which is possible, I just want to point out that I was driving his bandwagon since his days at USC. Check the 2011 draft thread for proof.

Bednarik60 wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:

first dude i thought of , for real instantly thought of you! Happy for this pick!!!

Eagles_808 wrote:
Love it! Yeah, I really think we're going to find a spot for him on the team. He could be an exciting 5th or 6th offensive option for our team.

Eagles_808 wrote:
philyeagles3 wrote:
Would a fair comparison be the Chargers FB/HB, the name escapes me..and im too lazy to look it up haha.

If you're thinking of Jacob Hester from LSU, not even close. Think more along the lines of (as B60 may or may not have alluded to) a Brian Leonard from Rutgers (theoretically), only a little faster with a bit better hands, but offering much less in the blocking department. Havili is his own type of FB, perfect fit for the west coastish offense we run, if you can find particular packages for him. But again, his ability to willingly learn to block, will determine his fate as far as the Eagles' 53-man game day look is concerned.

Well I will use this time to say I was never a fan of Havili, too much of a tweener and not in a good mismatch kind of a way. More of a nowhere to put him kind of guy.

Also, I was on the McNutt bandwagon well before we drafted him. That is my guy that I have been riding his bandwagon hard for the last 9 months. Too lazy to look up posts, but I do have plenty of mock drafts I made where we take him.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So while probably incredibly unrealistic his game could be compared to Larry Centers? Many people are calling him one of the best pass catching fullbacks, and Centers is probably the GOAT at that. Centers also could be an inconsistent blocker at times IIRC.
mm6492

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Withmy89vision wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:

Bednarik60 wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:

Eagles_808 wrote:

Eagles_808 wrote:
philyeagles3 wrote:

Well I will use this time to say I was never a fan of Havili, too much of a tweener and not in a good mismatch kind of a way. More of a nowhere to put him kind of guy.

Also, I was on the McNutt bandwagon well before we drafted him. That is my guy that I have been riding his bandwagon hard for the last 9 months. Too lazy to look up posts, but I do have plenty of mock drafts I made where we take him.

http://64.130.62.180/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=13561497
http://64.130.62.195/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=13190032
http://216.92.118.141/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=12933257

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was riding the Vontaze Burfict bandwagon........Sad to say...He is with the Bengals now.
jonu62882

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His last name is pretty close-sounding to Havarti. I like Havarti, so I like him.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: ! Reply with quote

jonu62882 wrote:
His last name is pretty close-sounding to Havarti. I like Havarti, so I like him.
dude great point, havarti gets its smoothness grind on... Some dill or sage havarti is just swag... I think skill set wise is somewhere between Chris Cooley and Brian Leonard.

Withmy89vision

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mm6492 wrote:
Withmy89vision wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:

Bednarik60 wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:

Eagles_808 wrote:

Eagles_808 wrote:
philyeagles3 wrote:

http://64.130.62.180/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=13561497
http://64.130.62.195/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=13190032
http://216.92.118.141/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=12933257

Wow damn how did you find all those? Thank you. Seems like I had Kendricks in all these too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: