Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Aaron Rodgers' Next Contract
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GreenGold12

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Aaron Rodgers' Next Contract Reply with quote

We all saw Peyton's contract, and we all know the money that Brees is chasing right now. Rodgers just came off an MVP season. There is no reason not to think he's not looking for a +$20 mil/yr contract; which he by all means deserves. However, Leroy Butler just tweeted this:

Quote:
leroy butler ‏@leap36
Aaron Rodgers extention almost done, 5 years 96$ million. He is way under paid,? thoughts?

Is it possible Rodgers is taking considerably under what he'd fetch on the market to stay in Green Bay? Because that's pretty freaking awesome.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll believe it when I see it. He does seem like a guy that doesn't want to cripple the team. But at the same time I doubt he takes less money than players he is clearly better than will get. No matter how much we want to love some players they do have egos and even to get to this level they are super competitive.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
blankman0021

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All depends on the gauranteed $$. If we gave him $70M all gauranteed that would look fairly attractive. The 96M could also be including escalators and bonuses. Lots of contacts coming to the media inflated these days.

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
CWood21

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Aaron Rodgers' Next Contract Reply with quote

GreenGold12 wrote:
Is it possible Rodgers is taking considerably under what he'd fetch on the market to stay in Green Bay? Because that's pretty freaking awesome.

He's already said he doesn't want a bloated contract that keeps the team from bringing back talented players. I do question the validity of that text, because I don't think LeRoy Bulter works for the organization, but I could be wrong. Not to mention, it's right there with Peyton Manning's numbers.

simonwayne wrote:
This one is over. Mark down the dubya.

Colts 45 - Chiefs 44
snackattack

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't buy it. I would be shocked if his contract is for less than 7 years.
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snackattack wrote:

yea agreed.

leroy prolly got trolled.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snackattack wrote:

I would assume it'd be a five year extension on top of the two years he's got left.

simonwayne wrote:

Colts 45 - Chiefs 44
Sandybaby716

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think people are taking the "Rodgers doesn't want to cripple the team" thing as a "Rodgers doesn't want what's fair compensation".

In a year and a half we'll give him a new contract. Likely $18m per season. Possibly more.

spilltray

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, 96 mil/5 years IS 19.2 per year. It's not like that's one hell of a hometown discount, but it's not chasing every dollar you could force out of your team.

Coincidentally 5 years 96 mil is the same as Peyton's contract. I've heard rumors that Brees wants 22+ a year but really at what point do you stop squeezing every dollar you can out of them so your ego can be stroked that you make more than X? If this rumor of an extension for Rodgers is correct, it puts him in the top end, but doesn't push to the absolute extreme which would be more limiting on the team.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RashaanSalaami

Global Moderator
Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Aaron Rodgers' Next Contract Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
GreenGold12 wrote:

He's already said he doesn't want a bloated contract that keeps the team from bringing back talented players. I do question the validity of that text, because I don't think LeRoy Bulter works for the organization, but I could be wrong. Not to mention, it's right there with Peyton Manning's numbers.

Why would anyone in the organization tweet something like that? Does Adam Schefter work for all organizations?
JustisM

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Aaron Rodgers' Next Contract Reply with quote

RashaanSalaami wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
GreenGold12 wrote:

Why would anyone in the organization tweet something like that? Does Adam Schefter work for all organizations?

But if he wasn't involved in the organization then how would he know the numbers and all that before anyone else leaked it? I guess he is close to the team to this day though. Was the rep for the Packers on day 2 of the draft at Radio City.
CWood21

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Aaron Rodgers' Next Contract Reply with quote

RashaanSalaami wrote:

What I was getting at is that I don't think he has the connections to the organization's front office to actually support that tweet.

simonwayne wrote:

Colts 45 - Chiefs 44
Pack4life7

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that's true it's not a huge shock. He could have demanded way more for his first big contract and gotten it easily.

Dude is all about winning and Manning and Brees can talk to the press and say everything perfect for the team but as Waldo use to say at the end of the day how important is the ultimate prize really to you if you're contract alone takes up 10% of the teams salary cap.

We're truly blessed as fans.

Think about it, if Aaron Rodgers demanded the highest paid contract in the history of the NFL right now he would have very good grounds to support why he would deserve it.

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure Rodgers has three years left on his current deal.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/blogs/insider/2008/10/packers-sign-rodgers-through-2014.html

Quote:
The Packers have signed quarterback Aaron Rodgers to a contract extension through 2014, the team announced minutes ago.

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3118/aaron-rodgers

2012: $8 million
2013: $9.25 million
2014: $10.5 million

vikingsrule wrote:
Offense (Air Coryell):

QB - Matt Cassel
LUKE232323

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any confirmation if this is a 5 year deal that is in place of the three years he currently has, or 5 years in addition to the three years (so through 2019)?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: