Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Doug Martinís Potential Impact
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be absolutely shocked if Mccoy plays all 16 games this year. Ya'll can do the optimistic route here but we still do have a lot of holes on defense and as someone said pretty much no depth at any position, which scares me, I'd say our defense would be in the 20-25th range
Buccskis TDskis

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to say Martin will get between 250-300 carries and if he is the talent that most people say he is then a 1000 yard season should be no problem for him maybe add on 60-70 catches and end up with 1600 total yards.

I did not watch any Boise games, so I want to ask the board if he is an effective goal line runner?
indifference

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buccskis TDskis wrote:
I want to say Martin will get between 250-300 carries and if he is the talent that most people say he is then a 1000 yard season should be no problem for him maybe add on 60-70 catches and end up with 1600 total yards.

I did not watch any Boise games, so I want to ask the board if he is an effective goal line runner?
Doug Martin was money in short distances. He will without a doubt fill that void over Blount. Martin is decisive and he knows how to use his height/leverage to get low and get yards. Martin will get more TD's than Blount this year.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buccskis TDskis wrote:

I really doubt he sees that many carries, and 1000 yards with almost 300 carries is actually a pretty poor YPC, even worse than Blount's last year.
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
Buccskis TDskis wrote:

I really doubt he sees that many carries, and 1000 yards with almost 300 carries is actually a pretty poor YPC, even worse than Blount's last year.

I dont see your reasoning in how Martin doesnt see many carries this season. Who is going to start over him in a run first offense? Blount? Smith? Martin vs. Blount right now. Martin is a better runner, has better vision, is a better pass blocker, is better in short yardage, and is a better pass catcher. Did I leave anything out? I love Blount and he is one of the best #2 RBs in the league, assuming Martin starts, but to me there is no way he beats out Martin for the starting spot considering everything I just stated in the above. We are going to be a run first offense. Ideally probably 60% run 40% pass. How could Martin not get a lot of carries. I see him grabbing 1200 - 1500 yards on the ground this year.

Smack ^
#FireLovie
96BucsBallin wrote:
Only our team would lose by having an non reviewable play reviewed.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
Buccskis TDskis wrote:

I dont see your reasoning in how Martin doesnt see many carries this season. Who is going to start over him in a run first offense? Blount? Smith? Martin vs. Blount right now. Martin is a better runner, has better vision, is a better pass blocker, is better in short yardage, and is a better pass catcher. Did I leave anything out? I love Blount and he is one of the best #2 RBs in the league, assuming Martin starts, but to me there is no way he beats out Martin for the starting spot considering everything I just stated in the above. We are going to be a run first offense. Ideally probably 60% run 40% pass. How could Martin not get a lot of carries. I see him grabbing 1200 - 1500 yards on the ground this year.

The 300 carry mark is usually pretty associated with riding a back pretty hard for a whole season. The only backs to see that last season were MJD and Turner, and the Jags are already reported in saying MJD has lost a step and Turner is expected to have a drop in production pretty much any time. Something else to note, these guys are the main RBs, they don't have someone like Blount behind them.

Of all the backs that had 250+ carries last season, only 3 have fellow RBs on their team worth mentioning IMO (Ricky Williams with Ray Rice, Ben Tate with Arian Foster, McFadden with Michael Bush). Only 8 of them actually had good seasons. The Ravens and Texans were the only ones with 2 decent backs who had that many carries which probably has a lot to do with being a winning team and trying to run down the clock.

That's a ridiculous amount of carries when you have Blount AND Smith and we most likely won't be playing with a lead and a strong defense.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah... Martin will probably have a little over 200 carries while Blount and maybe Smith split ~150 carries. Martin won't be run into the ground his rookie year, and hopefully won't be during his career here.

Adopt-a-Buc Lavonte David 12 Games | 133 Tackles (16 for loss) | 1 Sack | 4 PDs | 3 FFs | 1 FR
Buccskis TDskis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
Yeah... Martin will probably have a little over 200 carries while Blount and maybe Smith split ~150 carries. Martin won't be run into the ground his rookie year, and hopefully won't be during his career here.

I can see what your saying, we all remember Caddy getting run into the ground by Gruden and how that turned out. Cant wait to see how the Buccs use Martin game to game.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buccskis TDskis wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

I can see what your saying, we all remember Caddy getting run into the ground by Gruden and how that turned out. Cant wait to see how the Buccs use Martin game to game.

We don't have a need to. We've got plenty of potential in the backfield for the first time since...

Adopt-a-Buc Lavonte David 12 Games | 133 Tackles (16 for loss) | 1 Sack | 4 PDs | 3 FFs | 1 FR
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
Buccskis TDskis wrote:

The 300 carry mark is usually pretty associated with riding a back pretty hard for a whole season. The only backs to see that last season were MJD and Turner, and the Jags are already reported in saying MJD has lost a step and Turner is expected to have a drop in production pretty much any time. Something else to note, these guys are the main RBs, they don't have someone like Blount behind them.

Of all the backs that had 250+ carries last season, only 3 have fellow RBs on their team worth mentioning IMO (Ricky Williams with Ray Rice, Ben Tate with Arian Foster, McFadden with Michael Bush). Only 8 of them actually had good seasons. The Ravens and Texans were the only ones with 2 decent backs who had that many carries which probably has a lot to do with being a winning team and trying to run down the clock.

That's a ridiculous amount of carries when you have Blount AND Smith and we most likely won't be playing with a lead and a strong defense.

Ok. I see what you're saying. Thats fair. I thought you were leaning to saying that Martin would not be the main guy with a good amount of carries this year. Now that I think about that point, 300 carries with Blount and Smith would be a bit much. I definitely see him getting over 200 though, assuming he does not get injured.

Smack ^
#FireLovie
96BucsBallin wrote:
Only our team would lose by having an non reviewable play reviewed.
KGBauer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far this training camp it has sounded like Blount has impressed and improved in his obvious areas of weakness. Reading some of your expectations for Martin seems very far out there. I think if we wanted to replace Blount, we would have moved up for Richardson. Instead we sat back and got the perfect complement to Blount. I believe Blount will start every game if healthy this season and lead our team in rushing yards, maybe around 1000yds to 1100yds. Doug Martin just might lead our team in rushing touchdowns and will be our third down weapon, and a deadly one at that. Why don't we let him ease into the NFL this season? Do we really need him to take the bulk of the carries right away? I would be just fine if he get anywhere around 150 carries, because you know he will have plenty of receptions. I just don't want to give him the keys to the starting gig right away, walk before you can run sorta thing. We all know that Doug Martin is our future pro bowl RB, we just need to be patient with him and let the game come to him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: