Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Here's to you, Mr. Robinson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
El Raymundo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if a football career doesn't work out for him he can always go into plastics.

Coo coo ca-choo indeed. (Although I prefer goo goo gajoob, myself.)

"Live as brave men; and if Fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts." -- Cicero
ArcticNorseman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's nice to see Robinson getting into the system and learning. I kinda question the "adequate straightline speed" thing . . . lol. Isn't being the fastest guy at the NFL combine better than adequate?

Gotta figure Rosenhaus needs his clients to sign since so many of his old high-profile guys are out on the street looking for work.

Regarding Winfield's status, Frazier's on video saying they may use him quite differently this year getting him into the slot role a lot more. He also said they're expecting the depth of the CB rotation to be 10 times better than last year --- duh!

Back to Robinson, I'm looking forward to seeing him on the field and making plays, whether on D or special teams.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArcticNorseman wrote:
It's nice to see Robinson getting into the system and learning. I kinda question the "adequate straightline speed" thing . . . lol. Isn't being the fastest guy at the NFL combine better than adequate?

Gotta figure Rosenhaus needs his clients to sign since so many of his old high-profile guys are out on the street looking for work.

Regarding Winfield's status, Frazier's on video saying they may use him quite differently this year getting him into the slot role a lot more. He also said they're expecting the depth of the CB rotation to be 10 times better than last year --- duh!

Back to Robinson, I'm looking forward to seeing him on the field and making plays, whether on D or special teams.

Id prefer to keep Winfield in the slot, so I am pleased to hear this. With Winfield in the slot, MN will need Robinson, Carr or Bowman to really step on at RCB, otherwise it will be 2011 Cedric Griffin all over again. No matter how elite your LCB and NCB are, if your RCB is dreadful, that player will get picked on all day.

I just worry though with the technique work Robinson needs to fix, will he be ready to start day 1 at RCB. CB is a position where confidence is really necessary to play well, the last thing the team would want to do is damage his confidence. The speed thing will help, Robinson can get away with having less than ideal technique, simply because his recovery speed and natural athleticism should put him in good position in most occasions.

Its kind of like Sam Shields of the GP Packers. Really raw, undrafted player, but ridiculous speed (i think he ran a low 4.2). He played quite well as a rookie simply relying on natural athleticism, though he struggled last year.
GoneWithTheWind

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was my favorite pick of the draft I've wanted a corner with big play potential for years and we finally have someone who can. hope the coaches can make something of him
calipurple

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know for sure but it looks like Robinson changed his number to 21 with Asher Allen retiring. Changed his twitter handle to @JROB_2one

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calipurple wrote:
Don't know for sure but it looks like Robinson changed his number to 21 with Asher Allen retiring. Changed his twitter handle to @JROB_2one

Maybe he thought vikedaddy was stalking him. The box of chocolates. The heart shaped welcome cards. The creepy Simon and Garfunkel karaoke recordings. "Hide it in the pantry with your cupcakes."

Kind of like changing your phone number...ya know.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'd like to know
A little bit about you
For our files.
We'd like to help you learn
To help yourself.
Look around you. All you see
Are sympathetic eyes.
Stroll around the grounds
Until you feel at home.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
milanb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
We'd like to know
A little bit about you
For our files.
We'd like to help you learn
To help yourself.
Look around you. All you see
Are sympathetic eyes.
Stroll around the grounds
Until you feel at home.

Let's keep this football-related:

Sitting on a sofa on a Sunday afternoon...

Wink

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calipurple wrote:

Sweet!

Personally, I like it when fast CB's wear numbers in the 20s. It just seems to make so much sense.

That, plus every time I'd see a CB with #31 running around, I'd think it was Chris Cook, but he's #20 now. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confirmation. Robinson changed to 21 and Felder changed to 31

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/214821361183494144

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robinson routinely produced in his three years at UCF. In that time, he recorded 10 interceptions and shutdown the opposition’s best wideouts. One of his most high-profile matchups came in 2010 against Cincinnati Bengals Pro Bowl wide receiver A.J. Green, who was held in check in the Knights 10-6 Liberty Bowl win over Georgia.

Robinson: “For me it gave me a lot of confidence, especially seeing a guy like A.J. do so well this past year. And having the ability to play against him, I was blessed because he’s a great receiver. After studying film on him for weeks he was one of the best and I knew he would be from the get-go. I’m thankful just to have that opportunity.”

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/49-in-49-CB-Josh-Robinson/5a39018f-56a9-4226-8776-9c0635a3676c

Webmaster wrote:
Yfz01

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just excited to have someone on the field that can chase down Brandon Jacobs in less than 70 yards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biCB8WoYv6Y

Lil Uno with the sig.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh Robinson did not participate in Saturday afternoon’s practice as he nurses the hamstring injury he suffered Friday. The rookie cornerback was in coverage against fellow rookie Jarius Wright on an all-out sprint up the right sideline when he pulled up and began clutching his left hamstring. At this point, Robinson is being labeled as day-to-day. But the Vikings feel as if they dodged a bullet with the rookie only tweaking the hamstring and not suffering any kind of tear.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/164153186.html

Webmaster wrote:
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Josh Robinson did not participate in Saturday afternoon’s practice as he nurses the hamstring injury he suffered Friday. The rookie cornerback was in coverage against fellow rookie Jarius Wright on an all-out sprint up the right sideline when he pulled up and began clutching his left hamstring. At this point, Robinson is being labeled as day-to-day. But the Vikings feel as if they dodged a bullet with the rookie only tweaking the hamstring and not suffering any kind of tear.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/164153186.html

Phew, as long as it wasnt a tear. Hamstring injuries are very common this time of the year with these guys getting back in football shape. have to be careful, robinson will be vital to the success of the secondary this year. we need someone to lock that rcb spot down to keep Winfield in the slot where he is most effective. Otherwise, if Winfield or Carr have to be relied upon at RCB, it might be a long year.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Josh-Robinson-Focused-On-Making-A-Difference-On-Off-The-Field/2969ee46-8beb-4c35-976c-55225ba949b7

Quote:
It can be difficult and intimidating at first, but for rookie cornerback Josh Robinson, he has it down. After leaving the University of Central Florida following his junior year, Robinson was confident that he could get a good draw in the 2012 NFL Draft. After posting the best 40-yard dash time at the NFL Combine in February, Robinson’s stock grew, especially in Minnesota.

In April, the Vikings used a third-round selection to acquire the speedy defensive back, and Robinson is ready to prove they made the right decision.

The stand out rookie has made a good impression on Minnesota thus far, as the state has likewise on him.

Quote:
“I love singing!” Robinson confessed. “I love singing, that’s something I’ve always loved doing. I wrote a song when I was four, and I still love listening to music. I actually have a cover on YouTube of me doing an Usher song. I was just playing around at the house, my brother dared me to put it online and I did, but that’s one of the things people may not know about me.”

Nice read on Mr. Robinson.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: