You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

KJJ's Lions Mock #2!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LionsRoar17

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Post/Mock Kiper!!

But I really have to say, as NB posted the stats, its pretty obvious we really need to draft Defense. We need to get some playmakers, I still like the Ernie Sims pick and that is the type of guy I'd like us to go after again if we had another shot. Leader/loves to play/all around athlete. I'm not talking about his position, just the way he plays. Obviously our secondary needs help.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsRoar17 wrote:
Great Post/Mock Kiper!!

But I really have to say, as NB posted the stats, its pretty obvious we really need to draft Defense. We need to get some playmakers, I still like the Ernie Sims pick and that is the type of guy I'd like us to go after again if we had another shot. Leader/loves to play/all around athlete. I'm not talking about his position, just the way he plays. Obviously our secondary needs help.

The player that I really like is Buster Davis. With Ernie Sims, Buster Davis, and Boss Bailey we would have the speed like the Chicago Bears at the linebacker position. With Marinelli's Tampa 2 defense you need fast and athletic linebackers. I really think we are in need of a cornerback and MLB in the upcoming draft. Maybe we can work out a trade with our 2nd round pick and 4th or 5th rounder for a late 1st rounder to get Davis. With our original first round pick I would like to draft Antoine Cason, Leon Hall or Marcus McCauley. Those two additions would really help our defense.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nb5005 wrote:
LionsRoar17 wrote:
Great Post/Mock Kiper!!

The player that I really like is Buster Davis. With Ernie Sims, Buster Davis, and Boss Bailey we would have the speed like the Chicago Bears at the linebacker position. With Marinelli's Tampa 2 defense you need fast and athletic linebackers. I really think we are in need of a cornerback and MLB in the upcoming draft. Maybe we can work out a trade with our 2nd round pick and 4th or 5th rounder for a late 1st rounder to get Davis. With our original first round pick I would like to draft Antoine Cason, Leon Hall or Marcus McCauley. Those two additions would really help our defense.

If we traded down like that we'd get a lot more than just a 2nd and a 4th or 5th considering that we'll probably finish somewhere in the top 5. I like the idea though. I want us to pick up a linebacker and a shutdown corner would be nice.
nb5005

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you read my post again I am saying that we trade our 2nd round pick and a 3rd, 4th, or 5th rounder depending on where we trade up to for the later 1st rounder. If we are in the top 3 of the second round we may not have to trade to get him considering critics will say that Davis is undersized at 5-10
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nb5005 wrote:
If you read my post again I am saying that we trade our 2nd round pick and a 3rd, 4th, or 5th rounder depending on where we trade up to for the later 1st rounder. If we are in the top 3 of the second round we may not have to trade to get him considering critics will say that Davis is undersized at 5-10

I see what your saying, my bad. I was reading it fast because i was in class. Not a bad idea depending on how the other teams look and who is left on the board.
nb5005

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
nb5005 wrote:

I see what your saying, my bad. I was reading it fast because i was in class. Not a bad idea depending on how the other teams look and who is left on the board.

Its all good I wasn't trying to put you down or anything like that. I really think that we should draft for defensive considering even if you offense is producing great your defense still needs to maker the stops. Unless Calvin Johnson or Matt Millen says we need a new QB I say draft all the defense that you want. Most of the later round success is on Offensive players anyways.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: