Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Welcome New Posters Introduce Yourselves Here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldman9er

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the new and old guys! Time to start talking DRAFT!

Let's make this already good team great!

___
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Welcome New Posters Introduce Yourselves Here Reply with quote

CK785 wrote:
Hi everybody! Freshly signed up. Lurked here plenty. Might not post too much, but thought I should at least join in some times.

What Brought You to FF: Found the forum a few years back while checking out mock drafts.
Favorite Current NFL Player(s): Alex Smith
Favorite NFL Player(s) of All-Time: Jerry Rice
Most Memorable NFL Moment: The Catch II: Steve Young to Terrell Owens
Other Favorite Sport Teams: San Francisco Giants, Golden State Warriors, Cal Bears
Favorite Players from Other Sports: Pablo Sandoval, Steph Curry
Hobbies: bobbleheads, vinyl figures, graphic novels
Favorite Movie(s): Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
Favorite TV Show(s): Community, Parks and Recreation, Doctor Who
Favorite Actor(s) and Actress(es): Ryan Gosling, Teresa Palmer
Favorite Artist(s): The Black Keys, Mark Ronson
Favorite Song(s): Weezer - "Only in Dreams"
Favorite Book(s): The Great Gatsby
Favorite Author(s): Brian K. Vaughan
Any Other Information: 49ers fan since '96 (one year after rooting against the Niners in the Super Bowl...I was young and stupid!). Merton Hanks and his funky chicken dance were my favorites at the time. NFL Draft fan since '99 (one year after the Peyton Manning/Ryan Leaf "debate"). Lifelong Bay Area resident. Live in the East Bay, but commute to the City. Pretty nerdy, but I feel like it's made me have to learn to be funny. Although, my interest in sports makes the "true" nerds around me suspicious.

Merton's dance was not the 'funky chicken'. It was Bert's pigeon dance (from Sesame Street). It was a way for him to communicate to his daughter that he loved her while he was playing in the game. He made a play and he would start dancing 'the pigeon' just like Bert. It connected the two during the game.

fa·nat·ic (f-ntk)
A person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause.
Fleener: 21 Recs 222yds 86 YAC Walker: 7 Recs 89yds 13YAC
CK785

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Welcome New Posters Introduce Yourselves Here Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
CK785 wrote:
Hi everybody! Freshly signed up. Lurked here plenty. Might not post too much, but thought I should at least join in some times.

What Brought You to FF: Found the forum a few years back while checking out mock drafts.
Favorite Current NFL Player(s): Alex Smith
Favorite NFL Player(s) of All-Time: Jerry Rice
Most Memorable NFL Moment: The Catch II: Steve Young to Terrell Owens
Other Favorite Sport Teams: San Francisco Giants, Golden State Warriors, Cal Bears
Favorite Players from Other Sports: Pablo Sandoval, Steph Curry
Hobbies: bobbleheads, vinyl figures, graphic novels
Favorite Movie(s): Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
Favorite TV Show(s): Community, Parks and Recreation, Doctor Who
Favorite Actor(s) and Actress(es): Ryan Gosling, Teresa Palmer
Favorite Artist(s): The Black Keys, Mark Ronson
Favorite Song(s): Weezer - "Only in Dreams"
Favorite Book(s): The Great Gatsby
Favorite Author(s): Brian K. Vaughan
Any Other Information: 49ers fan since '96 (one year after rooting against the Niners in the Super Bowl...I was young and stupid!). Merton Hanks and his funky chicken dance were my favorites at the time. NFL Draft fan since '99 (one year after the Peyton Manning/Ryan Leaf "debate"). Lifelong Bay Area resident. Live in the East Bay, but commute to the City. Pretty nerdy, but I feel like it's made me have to learn to be funny. Although, my interest in sports makes the "true" nerds around me suspicious.

Merton's dance was not the 'funky chicken'. It was Bert's pigeon dance (from Sesame Street). It was a way for him to communicate to his daughter that he loved her while he was playing in the game. He made a play and he would start dancing 'the pigeon' just like Bert. It connected the two during the game.

Oh wow, I never knew that. Thanks for the info!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/556/721/iavsmichigan1988mertonhanks_display_image.jpg?1291931798

Merton Hanks at Iowa
English49er

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good afternoon from Hull in the UK. I've been viewing this site from afar for a few years now and decided that the time is right to start making a contribution. I'm not sure whether you guys know what the NFL coverage is like the UK, but it isnt very good! We generally get 2 games a week and sometimes get to see Total Access. I'd like to think my knowledge of the game is pretty good for an Englishman and my knowledge of the 9ers is obviously even better!

I started following the 49ers after my old man got me a Joe Montana jersey as a kid. I must have been about 5 or 6 and thought it was really cool that we were both called Joe. As I said its pretty difficult to keep up with the NFL over here and especially as a kid seen as the first game kicks off at 18:30 and the second at 21:30 so I never got to watch much of the 49ers when I was younger, all I had was Madden!. Its not been until the last few years that I've watched more and more and really got into it.

What Brought You to FF: Started looking into Mock Drafts and ended up here, probably sometime before the 2009 Draft.
Favorite Current NFL Player(s): Alex Smith and Patrick Willis
Favorite NFL Player(s) of All-Time: Joe Montana
Most Memorable NFL Moment: Having not seen any of the Superbowl wins (I was 9 when we won Superbowl XXIX) I would have to say the Divisional Round vs the Saints, it was well worth staying up until 4 am for!Other Favorite Sport Teams: Hull City (English Football Wink )
Favorite Players from Other Sports: Ian Ashbee - Check him out, his story is quite unbelievable!
Hobbies: Guitarist in a band
Favorite Movie(s): Top Gun
Favorite TV Show(s): Only Fools and Horses
Favorite Actor(s) and Actress(es): Brad Pitt
Favorite Artist(s): Iron Maiden
Favorite Song(s): Bon Jovi - Dry County
Favorite Book(s): Slash's autobiography
Favorite Author(s): Dont have one
Any Other Information: I'm married, with a daughter and a son on the way. Played "soccer" and cricket through my school years was pretty good at both until I tore the Medial ligament in my left knee when I was 18. Not played to the same standard ever since and decided to start taking the guitar seriously and have been a performing musician for 9 years!

Thanks for reading through my post and I hope to contribute plenty to an already great forum!
oldman9er

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

English49er wrote:

Thanks for reading through my post and I hope to contribute plenty to an already great forum!

Good stuff, and welcome aboard.

___
Michael33t

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: About Me Reply with quote

What brought you to FF: I was looking for mock drafts and I found this site about a year ago.

Favorite current NFL players: I know this sounds cheezy but I love all my Niners the same!! Lol

Favorite NFL players of all time: Joe Montana, Dwight Clark, Ronnie Lott, Jerry Rice, Steve young, and the list goes on and on!!

Most memorable NFL moment!! Joe Montana to John Taylor for the game winning TD!!

Other favorite sports teams: Detroit Tigers, Florida State Seminoles

Favorite players from other sports: Justin Verlander, Miguel Cabrera, Barry Bonds

Hobbies: Bowling, and playing video games

Favorite Movies: The Wedding Crashers, Shawshank Redemption, Scarface, The Goodfellas, Rudy,

Favorite Artists, Notorious B.I.G., Eminem, Tupac,

Favorite songs: Lose yourself Eminem, Victory, Biggie Smalls

Favorite Books: Where the red fern grows, fab five

A little bit more about me: I'm 30 yrs old from Michigan and I'm a die hard 49ers fan. I buy the ticket so I never miss a game and absolutely love sports!! Played Football, Basketball, baseball all 4 yrs in high school. I still play rec softball all the time,.. I guess thats about it for right now!! #49ersfaithful
adamq

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!

Don't worry about the Alex arguments, it happens. Laughing

-kiltman

Uncle Buck wrote:
I'd rather have Tebow than any other QB in the NFL besides Rodgers, and I may even take him over Rodgers due to the difference in age.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Re: About Me Reply with quote

Michael33t wrote:
Favorite: Rudy

You're a little bit of a suck-up, but I can live with that. Wink

Welcome to my fan club (aka the niners board).

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Michael33t

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Alex* Reply with quote

Thanks man!!

The arguments don't bother me!! I'm from Michigan and I'm a die hard 49ers fan!! Lol

After the famous handshake I couldn't go anywhere without someone saying something to me!! I was at that game to, Went nuts after the Walker touchdown!! It was awesome man
LuckyNiner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Niner Fever! Reply with quote

How you doin guys!

What Brought You to FF: Because I moved to Seattle there's not much Niner Talk!
Favorite Current NFL Player(s): Peyton Manning
Favorite NFL Player(s) of All-Time: Joe Montana
Most Memorable NFL Moment: The most recent was flying to the Bay for the Niners and Saints playoff game.
Other Favorite Sport Teams: Warriors and Giants
Favorite Players from Other Sports: Magic and Jordan
Hobbies: Too many
Favorite Movie(s): Matrix, Interview With the Vampire, Green Street Hooligans, Blackhawk Down, Snatch, Rear Window
Favorite TV Show(s): House and anything on NFL Network
Favorite Actor(s) and Actress(es):
Favorite Artist(s): Too many
Favorite Song(s): Too many
Favorite Book(s): Vampire Lestat
Favorite Author(s): Anne Rice
Any Other Information: I love me some FOOTBALL! Very Happy
SF_49ers4real

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: What I brought to you Reply with quote

What Brought You to FF: Searching for a good forum to talk footbal
Favorite Current NFL Player(s): Patrick Willis
Favorite NFL Player(s) of All-Time: Jerry Rice, Montana, Gore
Most Memorable NFL Moment: The day I got my first football game for Sega as a kid and was instantly hooked on the 49ers
Other Favorite Sport Teams: Colorado Avalanche
Favorite Players from Other Sports: Bobby Hull, Joe Sakic, Patrick Roy
Favorite TV Show(s): Mythbusters, NFL Total Access
Favorite Actor(s): Jim Carrey
Favorite Artist(s): Benny Benassi, 2pac, Eminem
Favorite Song(s): Anything I think is good
Favorite Book(s): Harry Potter
Favorite Author(s): None in particular

I've been a loyal San Francisco fan since I first started watching football as a kid. I played wide reciever and running back till the end of high school. Looking to find some good conversations and people to talk football too. I have Madden 12 for PS3 message me for my PSN name if you wanna play.
VA9er

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been reading this forum for a while now but finaly decide that it was time to get a profile and join in the fun!

What Brought You to FF: Just ran into it searching for mock drafts, have been reading for a few years now
Favorite Current NFL Player(s): Justin Smith
Favorite NFL Player(s) of All-Time: Steve Young, Joe Montana and Walter Payton
Most Memorable NFL Moment: Watching T.O.’s catch against Green Bay in the playoffs
Other Favorite Sport Teams: Chicago Bulls, White Sox and Blackhawks (I grew up in Chicago area)
Favorite Players from Other Sports: Derrick Rose right now. Michael Jordan is my favorite athlete of all time
Hobbies: Sketch and Improv comedy shows
Favorite Movie(s): Pulp Fiction (love the new avitars Y2 and SoCal)
Favorite TV Show(s): Justified, Sons of Anarchy, the Wire and West Wing
Favorite Actor(s) and Actress(es): Edward Norton
Favorite Artist(s): Kanye West, Jay-Z, Avett Brothers
Favorite Song(s): One Mic - Nas
Favorite Book(s): Clockers, Mystic River, The Things They Carried
Favorite Author(s): Dennis Lehane, Richard Price
Any Other Information: I have been playing the drums for 19 years. I performed Stand Up Comedy for about a year but now primarily do Sketch and Improv comedy in Norfolk, VA and the surrounding Hampton Roads area.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you can guess, this place is very quiet, but should pick back up in a couple of months.

___
EnricoPellini

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Brought You to FF: Looked for most-trafficked NFL forum
Favorite Current NFL Player(s): Hmm don't think I have one.
Favorite NFL Player(s) of All-Time: I liked Garrison Hearst when I was a kid
Most Memorable NFL Moment: Smith's Bootleg, Smith to Davis, Jeff Garcia leading the comeback against the Giants in 2002
Other Favorite Sport Teams: Giants, Warriors, Sharks
Favorite Players from Other Sports: Giancarlo Stanton, Billy Butler, Tim Duncan, Joe Thornton
Hobbies: Putting boogers on furniture
Favorite Movie(s): My favorite football movie is The Waterboy
Favorite TV Show(s): Current ones would be Futurama and Breaking Bad
Favorite Actor(s) and Actress(es): Gary Oldman, Jason Statham
Favorite Artist(s): Biggie, Nas, Led Zeppelin, The Doors
Favorite Song(s): "Machine Gun Funk"
Favorite Book(s):
Favorite Author(s): Dostoevsky, Orwell, Bradbury (R.I.P.)
Any Other Information: (e.g., married, kids, what you're studying, degree that you have earned, special accomplishments, unique talents, play a musical instrument)
I type loins-first.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 11 of 15

Jump to: