Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

J. Tucker Must NOT Die?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drd23

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Jameson Hensley said, if the Ravens were serious about upgrading the kicker position, they'd have signed a veteran like Neil Rackers or Josh Brown when they were available.

Justin Tucker has an uphill battle to beat out Cundiff imo and will probably have to comprehensively beat him to actually cause the team to keep him and cut Cundiff

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
HokieRaven5

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
Like Jameson Hensley said, if the Ravens were serious about upgrading the kicker position, they'd have signed a veteran like Neil Rackers or Josh Brown when they were available.

Justin Tucker has an uphill battle to beat out Cundiff imo and will probably have to comprehensively beat him to actually cause the team to keep him and cut Cundiff

Pretty Much, Tucker has to be almost perfect throughout camp and Cundiff would have to completely fail in almost every aspect.

Kid has Mt. Everest to climb on this one. But hey maybe Cundiff chooses the path wide to the left and gets lost on the way up Wink

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
HokieRaven5 wrote:
drd23 wrote:
Quote:
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider

Rookie kicker Justin Tucker hasn't been signed to the roster following minicamp tryout. So, Billy Cundiff is the only kicker on the roster

All this hype building for nothing? Razz

Justin Tucker never dies!

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2012/05/29/ravens-officially-sign-kicker-justin-tucker/

Dude! This is just like the movie. You think hey, he's a goner, but then shamwow he's like- still there! Panties and all. Tucker is the most awesomest kicker and as his official hype man (yeeeeaaaaahhhh boooyyyyy) I'm telling you he's got a golden foot, the next Matt Stover. He's going to blow the league up!

Don't mind me... I'm bored. But yeah, I definitely expected them to sign Tucker. I'm glad you beat me to linking this... I wouldn't want people to think I'm really, myself, Justin Tucker... sort of like for a few weeks back in 07' where I actually wondered if convenient truth might be Joe Flacco undercover..

First John Tucker Must Die is a cool movie and Sophia Bush is smokin hot, yeah I said it LOL. Second I have a good feeling about Justin Tucker, the kid might surprise us all, the NFL is full of surprises.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
I'm glad we signed him to give Cundiff some competition. Now we can truly see who deserves the kicking spot instead of just giving it to Cundiff like we did mid-season last year when Graham clearly deserved it more.

Huh? Graham wasn't even on the roster until Cundiff got hurt late in the season. Even then Graham didn't really do anything to prove he deserved it.

As for Tucker, meh. I don't expect the team to cut Cundiff so soon after giving him a pretty big contract for a kicker - especially for an undrafted rookie that wasn't signed until a month after the draft. I guess I just don't think Tucker is a guy that will really push Cundiff.

Exactly. Graham came in and did nothing but be consistent and make the kicks that had to be made...

Cundiff was NOTHING more than average and inconsistent last year and instead of making a change before it was too late...well, we all know what happened.

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
drd23

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
I'm glad we signed him to give Cundiff some competition. Now we can truly see who deserves the kicking spot instead of just giving it to Cundiff like we did mid-season last year when Graham clearly deserved it more.

Huh? Graham wasn't even on the roster until Cundiff got hurt late in the season. Even then Graham didn't really do anything to prove he deserved it.

As for Tucker, meh. I don't expect the team to cut Cundiff so soon after giving him a pretty big contract for a kicker - especially for an undrafted rookie that wasn't signed until a month after the draft. I guess I just don't think Tucker is a guy that will really push Cundiff.

Exactly. Graham came in and did nothing but be consistent and make the kicks that had to be made...

Cundiff was NOTHING more than average and inconsistent last year and instead of making a change before it was too late...well, we all know what happened.

You do realise that he only had 2 FG and 2 XP attempts for us, right? Its hardly a huge body of work.

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

You do realise that he only had 2 FG and 2 XP attempts for us, right? Its hardly a huge body of work.

True. But we're talking about a guy that pushed a healthy Cundiff for the job in 2010 Preseason. At that point in the season Graham was healthy and Cundiff was not. He had been battling through injury for a good portion of the season and was very inconsistent because of it. Graham was healthy and has had a history of succeeding in this league. I'm not proposing we should've cut Cundiff, but putting him on IR should have been a real possibility. Who knows maybe Graham misses the kick that Cundiff missed, perhaps even worse, but he was healthy and because of it gave the team the better chance to win. It's not like Cundiff is Haloto Ngata or something. Him playing hurt isn't helping this team.. And it didn't.. In a big way. It actually 'hurt' us.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
drd23 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

True. But we're talking about a guy that pushed a healthy Cundiff for the job in 2010 Preseason. At that point in the season Graham was healthy and Cundiff was not. He had been battling through injury for a good portion of the season and was very inconsistent because of it. Graham was healthy and has had a history of succeeding in this league. I'm not proposing we should've cut Cundiff, but putting him on IR should have been a real possibility. Who knows maybe Graham misses the kick that Cundiff missed, perhaps even worse, but he was healthy and because of it gave the team the better chance to win. It's not like Cundiff is Haloto Ngata or something. Him playing hurt isn't helping this team.. And it didn't.. In a big way. It actually 'hurt' us.

Yup, and when you have an already mediocre player who is playing hurt (especially a kicker playing with a hurt leg(IIRC)), it's not doing your team any good. He's not a franchise kicker, he's not a franchise player, he's not a fan favorite, and yet Harbs refused to go to the obviously more healthy and better kicker in Shayne Graham (as sad as that sounds) and it ended up costing us a trip to Indy.

gooselovechild

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
drd23 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Yup, and when you have an already mediocre player who is playing hurt (especially a kicker playing with a hurt leg(IIRC)), it's not doing your team any good. He's not a franchise kicker, he's not a franchise player, he's not a fan favorite, and yet Harbs refused to go to the obviously more healthy and better kicker in Shayne Graham (as sad as that sounds) and it ended up costing us a trip to Indy.

All it cost us was OT and a shot at the Super Bowl. Lee Evans getting stripped in the end zone cost us a trip to Indy.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gooselovechild wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
drd23 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

All it cost us was OT and a shot at the Super Bowl. Lee Evans getting stripped in the end zone cost us a trip to Indy.

The bigger "choke" was definitely Cundiff, without a doubt, and that's my point.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: