Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DeCosta on the "ravens type player"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raven5255

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: DeCosta on the "ravens type player" Reply with quote

What is a Ravens type player you ask?

Quote:
“We typically try to find guys that have a passion to play the game. That’s the thing about Ed and Ray Lewis, and even Jamal Lewis. Their football competitiveness is off the charts. They never have a bad game, they play hard every play. All things being equal, if you have the chance to take a rare competitor, that’s what you try to do.”

What "ravens type players" are available this year?

Quote:
“Matt Roth from Iowa would be in that same vein. Dan Cody is a warrior. He plays hard every play. And David Pollack. Every year, on the defensive line, there’s a bunch of boom or bust kind of guys. One game they play well, one game they may not. Those three guys are real good competitors. “Pac Man Jones,” small in stature, big in heart. He’s a warrior. He plays extremely well, competitive, tough, tackles well. He’s physical. He’s only 5-9, but he plays like a guy that’s 6 foot.”

What DeCosta said about the "ravens type player" is the same thing i looked at when i started putting together my lists of potential prospects.

Heres the article on the Ravens website if you want to check it out
http://www.baltimoreravens.com/template.php?subsection=single_news_show&section=press&content_id=6103
mic79e

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be happy with any of those guys, but I think you've got to pick them where they are of value.

I have Adam Jones and David Pollack rated 8th and 15th respectively on my draft board, they would make great Ravens.

I also love the attitudes of Antrel Rolle and Carlos Rogers. There are some top corners in this draft, I really hope we come away with a couple of them.
sp6488

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What so you know?
we just snagged Dan Cody in the second. Thats pretty damn good value there

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: