Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

JustisM's GM mock results (updated 2 rounds)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bad meets Evil

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we pick top 10 I think that means Gabbert was pretty bad so, I'd want a qb. Tyler Wilson for the win.

If Gabbert was good and we have a top pick because of another factor then I'm down with Mingo. David Amerson would be tough to pass since, cb will probably be our biggest need next year.

Credit to IPwn for da sig
JustisM

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
JW how was the draft order decided and whoever was the Titans GM didn't do a good job. CB is not a need at all. Safety yes, but CB is the furthest thing from a need.

We took a vote to see how the 32 GM's power poll shook out.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustisM wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
JW how was the draft order decided and whoever was the Titans GM didn't do a good job. CB is not a need at all. Safety yes, but CB is the furthest thing from a need.

To be more specific, each GM PM'ed Justis their personal 1-32 and Justis took the average number that each team received and ordered them from least to greatest.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
If the Cleveland Browns are so bad they are drafting #1, they will take the QB because it means that Brandon Weeden was awful.

Why does everyone and their mother say this? The Rams and Vikings were that bad and didn't rush to the podium for a QB. These teams aren't going to just quit on a guy they invested a 1st round pick in after a single season.
green24

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
JustisM wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

To be more specific, each GM PM'ed Justis their personal 1-32 and Justis took the average number that each team received and ordered them from least to greatest.

Which is why we have 7 playoff teams from the NFC, but only 5 from the AFC. Laughing
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
If the Cleveland Browns are so bad they are drafting #1, they will take the QB because it means that Brandon Weeden was awful.

Why does everyone and their mother say this? The Rams and Vikings were that bad and didn't rush to the podium for a QB. These teams aren't going to just quit on a guy they invested a 1st round pick in after a single season.

Because the Browns QB is 28 years old and will be 29 by the time the 2012 season finishes. No non-expansion team has ever had decent QB play and drafted #1 overall, and since Weeden is 29 we can't give him that big a window to play decently. If he does not show the promise of being a good QB, you have to replace him no differently than you would any other 29 year old player who didn't play well.

Weeden was a bottom 11 pick, honestly not significantly different from Jimmy Clausen, and if he plays as poorly as Clausen did (Which he will have to to end up with the Browns picking #1 overall) then there will be no reason to keep him just because he was picked Thursday night. In the past decade only 4 teams have passed on a QB at #1. Two of them were expansion teams who already had #1 overall picks at the QB position, and the other two ended up taking top 10 picks at QB in the next few seasons anyway so obviously their QB situation left something to be desired.

If we suffer a string of key injuries and somehow Weeden plays well and we still end up with the first overall pick, trading down to select a 4-3 OLB when we still lack a #1 receiving weapon and a pass rushing defensive lineman would probably make Browns fans burn the stadium to the ground. A Linebacker would do nothing to make this team win more games than whatever it happened to make us win 3/4 games like we apparently did in 2012.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:

Investing in a first round pick isnt what it used to be. Given someone like Ponder really doesnt make much money, its easy to cut ties with him or demote him. Fact of the matter is, if the Vikes for example have a bottom 5 team, QB is a huge concern. How many cases are there of a bottom 5 team playing poorly despite the QB playing exceptionally. There really isnt i can think of and lets not act like Ponder was some blue chip QB prospect. He was taken in the middle of round 1, and many largely felt it was a reach anyway.

At the end of the day, its about improving the team and if there is a great QB prospect where you are drafting and you have yet to establish the position, it would be foolish to put all your hope on one player.

Basically, as long as Ponder remains unproven, he should continue to be viewed as a prospect and should be compared to the current class of QBs.

This year, there really wasnt a QB to compare Ponder to in the draft, I dont think Tannehill was seriously that great of a prospect at pick 4 for MN so they chose to build around Ponder. Things could be different if Ponder doesnt step up in 2012 and MN is picking top 5.

Though if MN is out of position to draft a top QB prospect, they obviously dont need one because Ponder probably did enough to keep his job.
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad meets Evil wrote:
If we pick top 10 I think that means Gabbert was pretty bad so, I'd want a qb. Tyler Wilson for the win.

If Gabbert was good and we have a top pick because of another factor then I'm down with Mingo. David Amerson would be tough to pass since, cb will probably be our biggest need next year.

Mingo plays Branch's role this year, Branch and Mincey on the outs in 2013 (Mingo rotates in at DE on passing downs/blitz packages while Mincey roatates in and plays DT next to Tyson).

#JDI
Bad meets Evil

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
Bad meets Evil wrote:

Mingo plays Branch's role this year, Branch and Mincey on the outs in 2013 (Mingo rotates in at DE on passing downs/blitz packages while Mincey roatates in and plays DT next to Tyson).

Yeah that would be a hell of a pass rush. Like I said if we are picking top 10 for reasons besides Gabbert then Mingo is fine with me.

Credit to IPwn for da sig
Anonymous3

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:
I like Mathieu, but if Leon Hall plays well this year I'm not sure CB will be a need.

Brandon Jenkins or maybe the best available SS.

Agreed. Most see Mathieu as a safety at the next level too

He seems too small, I'd be afraid any TE in the league would just plow right through him

I was the Bengals GM, and since I landed Osi Umenyiora and Ahmad Bradshaw via trade, I felt MLB and DB were our biggest remaining needs. Since no MLBs were worth the pick, I went with the best available DB. Seeing as Hall and Kirk are locked in at CB and Nelson is for sure our FS, I though we should add the best pure playmaker, which is by far Mathieu. In a slot CB/Rover role, I think he could excel and be an perrenial All-Pro player year-in and year-out. Anyone who thinks he can't tackle or bigger players would run over him have not seen him play at LSU. Dude has excellent form, as well as the ability to put a lick on someone. As long as you're not forcing him on huge TEs every play, he'll be durable/talented enough to be a pretty good NFL DB.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update

33. Atlanta Falcons (via/Car, via/Cle) Marquess Wilson WR Washington State
34. Minnesota Vikings DeMarcus Milliner CB Alabama
35. Miami Dolphins Tony Jefferson S Oklahoma
36. Cincinnati Bengals (via/OAK) Chase Thomas LB Stanford
37. St. Louis Rams Gerald Hodges OLB Penn State
38. Jacksonville Jaguars Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M
39. Indianapolis Colts Jon Hankins NT/DE Ohio State
40. Carolina Panthers (via/Cle, via/Zona) Kawann Short DT Purdue
41. Tampa Bay Buccaneers Desmond Trufant CB Washington
42. San Diego Chargers Bacarri Rambo FS Georgia
43. New York Jets Matt Elam S Florida
44. Washington Redskins Khaled Holmes C USC
45. Philadelphia Eagles (via/Sea) Jake Matthews OT Texas A&M
46. Tennessee Titans Ray Ray Armstrong SS Miami
47. Carolina Panthers Alex Okafor DE Texas
48. Carolina Panthers (via/ATL) Terrance Williams WR Baylor
49. Denver Broncos Montee Ball RB Wisconsin
50. Cincinnati Bengals Margus Hunt DE SMU
51. Dallas Cowboys Jonathan Cooper G North Carolina
52. Buffalo Bills Logan Thomas QB Virginia Tech
53. Saints FORFEITED
54. Kansas City Chiefs Michael Dyer RB Arkansas State
55. Seattle Seahawks (via/Phi) Jelani Jenkins OLB Florida
56. Pittsburgh Steelers Kevin Reddick ILB North Carolina
57. Chicago Bears Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame
58. New York Giants Bennie Logan DT LSU
59. Detroit Lions Travis Frederick OG Wisconsin
60. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (via/SF) Jonathan Brown OLB Illinois
61. Baltimore Ravens Michael Buchanan OLB Illinois
62. Houston Texans Tharold Simon CB LSU
63. New England Patriots Logan Ryan CB Rutgers
64. New York Jets (via/GB) Taylor Lewan OT Michigan
Dro

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the redskins are through taking interior linemen.. Gettis and LeRibeus are taking snaps at center along with Montgomery and Lichtensteiger who can play both Guard and Center.. We will more than likely be looking RT,WR,S in this upcoming draft.
akintu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is drafting for the Falcons, a G in the 1st then we trade up for a WR in the 2nd....neither pick makes any sense....at all...please get it together

Foster-A-Falcon: Roddy White
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PhinFan52

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I belive Miami will go pass-rusher in 1st rd....
Barkevious Mingo or Sam Montgomery ..
I agree with S in 2nd rd.. but think Elam is the guy
we passed on "name" receivers this yr...
I think we will address WR either via trade or FA in 2013
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent!

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: