Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My Three Guys for 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lentz33

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imo, Ball will be only average in the NFL. As someone above posted, the only thing he's elite at is vision. Honestly i would much rather go after Lattimore.

Adopt-a-Falcon: Matt Ryan - 76-111 68.4% 965 yards 7 TDs 3 INTs 105.2 QB Rating
akintu

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
Imo, Ball will be only average in the NFL. As someone above posted, the only thing he's elite at is vision. Honestly i would much rather go after Lattimore.
Lattimore's coming off a knee injury...ehhh, I say let's just wait and see

Foster-A-Falcon: Roddy White
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
adam9

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

akintu wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:

Lattimore will be the next AP in the NFL IMHO as all of this discussion is opinionated. As I said before Ball will be Beanie Wells v2. I guess we'll just have to wait and see though.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
akintu wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:

Lattimore will be the next AP in the NFL IMHO as all of this discussion is opinionated. As I said before Ball will be Beanie Wells v2. I guess we'll just have to wait and see though.

Lattimore can't hold AP's jock. Sorry, he's just not that good. AP has more speed and ability than Lattimore has. I like Lattimore, and I think he's going to have an opportunity to be more successful in the NFL than Ball, but I don't think he's elite, Trent Richardson was/is an elite RB prospect, Lattimore can't keep up with him.
adam9

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iloxygenil wrote:
adam9 wrote:
akintu wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:

Lattimore can't hold AP's jock. Sorry, he's just not that good. AP has more speed and ability than Lattimore has. I like Lattimore, and I think he's going to have an opportunity to be more successful in the NFL than Ball, but I don't think he's elite, Trent Richardson was/is an elite RB prospect, Lattimore can't keep up with him.

Richardson is not elite in my mind. He to me will be good, but never up on AP or Ray's level. Lattimore ran behind a sub-par OL in the SEC where he was playing high-quality defenses, and was clearly the best back in the league the season before last. Without the injury last year more people would consider him as good as I see him I think. If he has a full recovery from that injury and stays healthy next season, he should be a top 10 pick, and I think he will be the best RB to come out of college since AP. Again I said my opinion. And until someone can show me sufficient evidence to prove otherwise I have my beliefs, because I watched a lot of SC games. Just saying he's not that good doesn't mean much, actually means nothing to me.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
iloxygenil wrote:
adam9 wrote:
akintu wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:

Richardson is not elite in my mind. He to me will be good, but never up on AP or Ray's level. Lattimore ran behind a sub-par OL in the SEC where he was playing high-quality defenses, and was clearly the best back in the league the season before last. Without the injury last year more people would consider him as good as I see him I think. If he has a full recovery from that injury and stays healthy next season, he should be a top 10 pick, and I think he will be the best RB to come out of college since AP. Again I said my opinion. And until someone can show me sufficient evidence to prove otherwise I have my beliefs, because I watched a lot of SC games. Just saying he's not that good doesn't mean much, actually means nothing to me.

You're welcome to think that, but to me he's just another big back who's a step slow for the NFL. They can be dominant in college but the game is just too fast for them at the next level, much like Montee ball. SC's OL wasn't that bad, and to say that Richardson isn't that good just shows me that we value completely different things at the RB position I guess.

Richardson has great hands, great lateral movement, and elite power, with exceptional speed.

Lattimore to me offers less of a threat with his hands than Richardson, great lateral movement for his size, elite strength, with fair speed. It's not that there's a Grand Canyon type gap between the two, other than the fact that you just can't make up for a lot of what Richardson can do that Lattimore just can't do quite as well.

I've seen several SC games, not saying as much as you, but to me he's always just appeared very overrated to me. Is he good, yes, is he a GREAT college running back, yes, but I watch the NCAA football to scout for what I think someone can do in the NFL, and Lattimore to me just doesn't have what I'd invest a top 10 pick in, but I'd have gladly taken Richardson at #3 or #4 and would have rejoiced were he there to pick at #5 (actually I would have cried this year because tampa would have him)

There are different opinions everywhere, and I can see why you like him, but to compare him to Peterson is absolutely a joke to me. He's no where near that speed, no where near that good with his hips, and while he's similar in power and prolly exceeds him in raw strength, but to me, the things that make AP special are not present for Lattimore.
adam9

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iloxygenil wrote:
You're welcome to think that, but to me he's just another big back who's a step slow for the NFL. They can be dominant in college but the game is just too fast for them at the next level, much like Montee ball. SC's OL wasn't that bad, and to say that Richardson isn't that good just shows me that we value completely different things at the RB position I guess.

Richardson has great hands, great lateral movement, and elite power, with exceptional speed.

Lattimore to me offers less of a threat with his hands than Richardson, great lateral movement for his size, elite strength, with fair speed. It's not that there's a Grand Canyon type gap between the two, other than the fact that you just can't make up for a lot of what Richardson can do that Lattimore just can't do quite as well.

I've seen several SC games, not saying as much as you, but to me he's always just appeared very overrated to me. Is he good, yes, is he a GREAT college running back, yes, but I watch the NCAA football to scout for what I think someone can do in the NFL, and Lattimore to me just doesn't have what I'd invest a top 10 pick in, but I'd have gladly taken Richardson at #3 or #4 and would have rejoiced were he there to pick at #5 (actually I would have cried this year because tampa would have him)

There are different opinions everywhere, and I can see why you like him, but to compare him to Peterson is absolutely a joke to me. He's no where near that speed, no where near that good with his hips, and while he's similar in power and prolly exceeds him in raw strength, but to me, the things that make AP special are not present for Lattimore.

First off let's start off by saying Richardson runs about a 4.5 40 yard dash average, 4.45 high, 4.55 low. That's not that fast. For a guy his size it's definitely above average, but far from fast I would say. I would honestly be shocked if Lattimore did not match those numbers and they are similar in stature so he should.

Lattimore has just as good hands as Richardson if not better, so that argument doesn't make sense to me either. I watch a lot of SEC games and have seen way more drops by Richardson than Lattimore...

While I would say Richardson has slightly better lateral movement, I think Lattimore makes up for it with his vision. He seems to hit the right hole a lot, compared to T-Rich where he does a lot less I would say.

Well this discussion is really going nowhere to be honest, but I will end with this this. In no way before was I comparing the 2 players (although I might have made it sound like that). That was completely accidental I guess, I was trying to say Lattimore is the best RB coming out of college since AP IMO. That's what I was saying, not comparing the two.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a handful of guys that I really like and will be watching closly this upcoming season. I'll have more than 3 over time.. I'll just add a guy or 2 here and there..

2 of my main guys that I really like this upcoming year both play for West Virginia.. QB Geno Smith and WR/KR/Everything Tavon Austin.

in a thread in the NFL Draft forum, I wrote this about Geno Smith regarding everyones top QBs for 2013. I said:
"I know he's not #1 on anyone's list, but every time I have been able to catch a West Virginia game, Geno Smith has really stood out to me immensely. He may not have the best size in the class (6'3 215 aint shabby), may not have the best "tools" in the class.. but the guy can sling the ball, can and has won games... seems to have an "it" factor about him.. I see Geno as being something along the lines of a more mobile Kyle Orton... Geno may have some of the best pocket awareness of any other QB in the class. Geno is a definite pass first QB which some don't realize. Geno has a great feel inside the pocket especially when it comes to the pass rush, he senses the rush well and scrambles during good situations. Geno is also quite simply, clutch."

Our Falcons obviously are not in the market for a starting QB so I doubt seeing Geno in a Falcons jersey anytime soon would be plausible. I see Geno as a 2nd round pick at the latest and a starter in the NFL. If we could somehow get Geno as a backup late in the draft I think it would be a total steal.

-

my other guy from WVU is Tavon Austin. Tavon is a small guy, generously being 5'9 175, but he's built for his small frame. The guy is immensely explosive and versatile. I've said in other places that Tavon reminds me of a more versatile DeSean Jackson. I think Tavon is a more complete WR overall compared to D-Jax, but they both posses tremendous kick return skills that goes along with their elite speed and athleticism. Tavon has that "it" factor about him, he is a hell of a competitor and has shown up in the big games when he has needed to step up for his team. In last years Orange bowl which WVU played against Clemson and threw up 70 on the tigers, Tavon caught 4 TDs while setting records.

I would love to be able to bring Tavon to Atlanta, I love the skillset that Tavon brings to the table, as he is a jack of all trades type of player who has done virtually everything for WVUs offense, playing outside WR, slot WR, playing some HB, and being an elite return man. Roddy and Julio on the outside, with Tavon being able to play the slot for us would make our offense even more versatile and dynamic. Tavon I believe can turn into one of those guys that the defense has to key in on every single play because he is a homerun hitter every time he touches the ball.

-

other players that I am a big fan of that I just haven't had time to write anything about...:

Bacarri Rambo - Safety - University of Georgia
Jarvis Jones - Outside Linebacker - University of Georgia
Tyrann Mathieu - Corner/Safety - Louisiana State University

I'll be adding others

Last edited by coors on Tue May 29, 2012 2:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haven't really listed any lately... but I got a new 3. at least to watch:

LB Justin Tuggle
yes, that's Jesse Tuggle's son. He's 6'3" 235 pounds and has the room in his frame to get around 245-250. Oh yeah, did I mention he runs a 4.5 40 and has good sideline agility? He is likely going to play WLB this year for Kansas State and is one that I am truly going to watch. He's got the ability to end up as better than his dad. Oh, can we give him #58? think Jesse would allow that? haha

TE Joseph Fauria
He's a 6'7" 258 pound TE who is productive but is better as a blocker. In his first year starting, he was one of the best in line blocking TE's and he has the skill-set to also be productive on zone plays as well. Oh and in his first year starting he also had 39 catches for 481 yards and 6 TD's. I'll take a productive TE who can block, catch and isn't a problem off the field all day.

RB Orwin Smith
Call me a homer here, but I really like how Orwin Smith runs the ball. He plays a B-Back in that goofy flexbone offense but I truly believe that he would be extremely productive in a true pro style offense as an all around threat. He has size, speed and receiving ability.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
coors

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
LB Justin Tuggle
yes, that's Jesse Tuggle's son. He's 6'3" 235 pounds and has the room in his frame to get around 245-250. Oh yeah, did I mention he runs a 4.5 40 and has good sideline agility? He is likely going to play WLB this year for Kansas State and is one that I am truly going to watch. He's got the ability to end up as better than his dad. Oh, can we give him #58? think Jesse would allow that? haha

I also am a huge fan of Justin Tuggle. He's from Alpharetta where I live and went to HS, yet he went to our rival Northview HS.

Justin is simply just a football player. Went to BC out of HS to play QB.. and is now a LB at K-State. He's a gamer.. an athletic freak.. with football in his blood. I can't wait to see how he progresses as the QB of the D

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My new 3 that could be snagged outside the first round (we all know the big name guys)..

Giovani Bernard, RB North Carolina- Probably one of the only rSo candidates to declare early at this point.. The guy is very good at all aspects of the game, he just needs another solid season and to stay injury-free and his stock could be skyrocketing.

Margus Hunt, DL SMU- The dude is 6'8, 290 lbs. He is a monster and had a solid season when he got playing time. He did get decent playing time, but was on sort of a rotation at Southern Methodist. He got 3 sacks in his bowl game against Pitt, and blocked 4 field goal attempts last season.. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets decent production if a team took him in the late 1st or early 2nd though..

Gavin Escobar, TE San Diego State- Flourished under Lindley, but from what I've seen he has the tools to be a good TE in the NFL. Above average blocker, and can make catches. Had his best game last season against a pretty good Boise State squad. I think some team could get a late-round steal with him.

I also really like Fauria and Orwin Smith (coming from a guy who doesn't like UGA or GT). Smith had some huge numbers in the running and passing game, and he ran it well in an offense where teams knew they were going to run it..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: