Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dwight Jones
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
texanteddyp

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
He was a guy I wanted in round 1 at one point before the combine, but fell off the radar ever since. I was happy when Yates said on twitter that we signed him as an undrafted free agent. The coaching staff wants competition at WR on this team and I like it. Jacoby you better be ready this training camp and preseason!

Here is his highlights/lowlights vs Mizzou in the bowl game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du10FGdBkZY&feature=related
I love the catch at 32 seconds, but he drops too many easy catches!

Here's an even better clip......... but his best clip vs Florida State 2010 was deleted by youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F01xFUaKKqA
Jaytrajik

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texanteddyp wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
He was a guy I wanted in round 1 at one point before the combine, but fell off the radar ever since. I was happy when Yates said on twitter that we signed him as an undrafted free agent. The coaching staff wants competition at WR on this team and I like it. Jacoby you better be ready this training camp and preseason!

Here's an even better clip......... but his best clip vs Florida State 2010 was deleted by youtube

Wasn't really impressed. I didn't see much YAC ability and he dropped a couple of layups. At 6-4 225 lbs, you'd expect him to be a bit more explosive. I doubt he even makes the team.

life is one huge game that infinite awareness has with itself
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytrajik wrote:
texanteddyp wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:

Wasn't really impressed. I didn't see much YAC ability and he dropped a couple of layups. At 6-4 225 lbs, you'd expect him to be a bit more explosive. I doubt he even makes the team.

I like him more as a possession receiver personally. We already have our deep threats supposedly with Posey and Martin. It's going to be a nice competition at WR this season.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
Jaytrajik wrote:
texanteddyp wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:

I like him more as a possession receiver personally. We already have our deep threats supposedly with Posey and Martin. It's going to be a nice competition at WR this season.

I agree 713. Posey and Martin are our speeders. Mainly Martin. Jones is actually projected to be a possession wr with deceptive speed from all I have read.
Blaze

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you guys are planning on 3 rookies making the roster at WR. Im thinking one of the 3 ends up on IR and either Lestar Jean or a vet takes their spot.

TexanNation Roast http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=237149
jargin

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaze wrote:
Sounds like you guys are planning on 3 rookies making the roster at WR. Im thinking one of the 3 ends up on IR and either Lestar Jean or a vet takes their spot.
I'm not counting on 3 rookies making the roster either. Posey and Martin are definitely making the roster. Jean has a good chance of making it. Andre Johnson, Kevin Walter, Bryant Johnson, Jean, Martin and Posey seems like the right amount of people to carry on gameday. Jean, Johnson and Martin will all be asked to contribute to special teams in some way if they all make the starting WR core. If Dwight Jones can't contribute to special teams it will make it really hard for him to make the team.

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
kenney

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jargin wrote:
Blaze wrote:
I'm not counting on 3 rookies making the roster either. Posey and Martin are definitely making the roster. Jean has a good chance of making it. Andre Johnson, Kevin Walter, Bryant Johnson, Jean, Martin and Posey seems like the right amount of people to carry on gameday. Jean, Johnson and Martin will all be asked to contribute to special teams in some way if they all make the starting WR core. If Dwight Jones can't contribute to special teams it will make it really hard for him to make the team.

Bryant Johnson is no longer on the team.

I'm willing to bet that the opening day depth chart is simply Johnson - Walter - Martin - Posey - Jean.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya cause we never use more than 4 WR's on the field at once and that's pushing is as we usualy go 3 wide and 2 TE's or 2 wide, 2 TE's and Foster/Tate and Casey since we motion Casey out of the backfield

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
48 tot, 1 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marco79 wrote:
Jones = Foster

Book it.

Half kidding, half not.

I know he stinks, but comparing him to Jodie Foster is going too far. Certainly he is better than a 49 year old lesbian. Of course, she did have more people interested in watching her play pinball in "The Accused" than Dwight Jones did at his Pro Day.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
LORK 88

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per John McClain's Twitter:
Quote:
Rookie WR Dwight Jones informed Texans officials today he doesn't want to play football anymore. Jones, an undrafted free agent from North Carolina, wasn't at OTAs. Texans don't expect him to change his mind.

Well that was fast . . .

ADOPT-A-TEXAN: CJ "Polish Hat" Fiedorowicz
AkVerse47

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LORK 88 wrote:
Quote:
Rookie WR Dwight Jones informed Texans officials today he doesn't want to play football anymore. Jones, an undrafted free agent from North Carolina, wasn't at OTAs. Texans don't expect him to change his mind.

Well that was fast . . .

Wow, I didn't see that one coming. Better to find out now though

^^ props to mike23md for the sig
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LORK 88 wrote:
Quote:

Well that was fast . . .

So much for being the next Andre Johnson. Next man up! Laughing

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LORK 88 wrote:
Per John McCain's Twitter:
Quote:

I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so. Now he can sit on the street corner outside the liquor store and tell the kids what a big deal he was in high school. Good riddance.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Urg...and I was just taking up for him and hyping him up to make our team, and he does something like this. This is similar to Terrence Williams and the Rockets this season. Good riddance Dwight!

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$10 says he finds himself in the CFL or some Arena league. It isn't that Jones doesn't wanna play football, it's just that he doesn't want to put in the work to play in the NFL.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: