Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What do you dislike the most about the Osweiler pick?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which one is the problem?
Where he was picked?
53%
 53%  [ 16 ]
The player?
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Both?
36%
 36%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 30

Army

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
Army wrote:
or, get this, play on Special Teams.

Playing Tebow on Special Teams remains a worthwhile experiment. Supposedly the Jets are going to be utilizing Tebow in those roles.

LOL

From what I'm reading on this board, Manute Osweiler is a superior athlete. At least since Denver drafted him. So I guess, by this logic(?), we can all expect him on the field returning punts, kickoffs, or at least playing H-back.

As to some player that plays on the Jets, (and I'm not sure what relevance it has on this board) I suspect that a QB who will most likely be starting by the mid-point of the season would have an extremely limited role doing anything other than what he is paid to do.
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Army wrote:
From what I'm reading on this board, Manute Osweiler is a superior athlete.

You should put "reading" in quotes like so.
Army

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
Army wrote:
From what I'm reading on this board, Manute Osweiler is a superior athlete.

You should put "reading" in quotes like so.

Sure. Or as you would say, "Durp".

You might also want to use quotation marks when you talk about a players "skillset" to play STs.
bzane

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
I dislike his name...Brock? Are we going yachting, or playing squash? Does he where his sweaters tied around his neck like a Davis Cup tennis player?

I think we should call him Bill or Bob or Jeb...maybe Jed.

Not tall enough, and needs to develop a more phony, play-up-to-the-camera on-screen persona when he knows he's being filmed.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bzane wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
I dislike his name...Brock? Are we going yachting, or playing squash? Does he where his sweaters tied around his neck like a Davis Cup tennis player?

I think we should call him Bill or Bob or Jeb...maybe Jed.

Not tall enough, and needs to develop a more phony, play-up-to-the-camera on-screen persona when he knows he's being filmed.

Kinda doubt that'll happen. According to my fathers barber (no $h!t) the kids well grounded. Happens a lot with Montana kids.
germ-x

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know there has been talk about Osweiler's intelligence. I re watched NFL Networks coverage of the draft and when Denver drafted Osweiler, Mayock said that scouts told him that Osweiler was "intelligent beyond his years" when put in front of a chalk board. Not surprising, Elway wasn't going to draft him if he didn't have strong indications that Osweiler could adapt to the NFL.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
I know there has been talk about Osweiler's intelligence. I re watched NFL Networks coverage of the draft and when Denver drafted Osweiler, Mayock said that scouts told him that Osweiler was "intelligent beyond his years" when put in front of a chalk board. Not surprising, Elway wasn't going to draft him if he didn't have strong indications that Osweiler could adapt to the NFL.

I believe the reason his intelligence was questioned was because of his poor decision-making at college. I know when I read reports on certain players, some people like to associate poor decision-making with lack of intelligence.

Hes sounds like a smart kid when he speaks. The hardest part for him will always be putting it all on tape.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: