Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Position Battles
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalifornianRam wrote:
as an avid Fresno State follower Brandstater had the tools to be a good game managing QB its just the coach Pat Hill (currently signed on to be the O line coach for the Steelers) had a mouth that bragged up too much and basically encouraged other teams to destroy us. overall i think he fits Brians system.

I think Austen Davis will beat him out. He offers more potential now and long-term and they can develop him under their eye...

IDOG_det on the sig...
RIP "El Fenomeno" - Oscar Taveras
keepnitgangsta1

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
CalifornianRam wrote:
as an avid Fresno State follower Brandstater had the tools to be a good game managing QB its just the coach Pat Hill (currently signed on to be the O line coach for the Steelers) had a mouth that bragged up too much and basically encouraged other teams to destroy us. overall i think he fits Brians system.

I think Austen Davis will beat him out. He offers more potential now and long-term and they can develop him under their eye...

I don't think that Davis really provides much potential to be completely honest. This guy has zero arm strength and was never really a productive guy at the college level in terms of NFL skill-set.

My NFL Draft Thread
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keepnitgangsta1 wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
CalifornianRam wrote:

I don't think that Davis really provides much potential to be completely honest. This guy has zero arm strength and was never really a productive guy at the college level in terms of NFL skill-set.

Eh, he's got enough talent to be on an NFL roster. I don't see what Brandstater offers, that would make me say he has the better chance. He has a ton of holes in his approach and overall skill-set...

This is strictly a 3rd string QB. I think they'll go with the young guy the can develop...

IDOG_det on the sig...
RIP "El Fenomeno" - Oscar Taveras
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keepnitgangsta1 wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
CalifornianRam wrote:

Zero arm strength? That's false to an extreme extent.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
iRaMs

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
keepnitgangsta1 wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
CalifornianRam wrote:

Davis has good arm strength and is pretty good with his decisions, not saying he is perfect by any means. I think he will beat out Branstater(sp?) fairly easily.

keepnitgangsta1

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRaMs wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
keepnitgangsta1 wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
CalifornianRam wrote:

Davis has good arm strength and is pretty good with his decisions, not saying he is perfect by any means. I think he will beat out Branstater(sp?) fairly easily.

Wait were talking about the same Austin Davis right?

This guy definitely does not have good arm strength. Definitely seems like "camp arm" arm strength.

My NFL Draft Thread
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keepnitgangsta1 wrote:
iRaMs wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
keepnitgangsta1 wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
CalifornianRam wrote:

This guy definitely does not have good arm strength. Definitely seems like "camp arm" arm strength.

This Austin Davis has "0" arm strength:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txVarjEiF68#t=03m48s

Davis doesn't have a cannon but he has a decent arm and might be able to improve it to good with NFL coaching and mechanical refinement.

keepnitgangsta1

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
keepnitgangsta1 wrote:
iRaMs wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
keepnitgangsta1 wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
CalifornianRam wrote:

Davis doesn't have a cannon but he has a decent arm and might be able to improve it to good with NFL coaching and mechanical refinement.

Maybe "zero" arm strength was a bit of an overstatement, but I'll just say that his arm strength isn't a strength of his.

My NFL Draft Thread
CalifornianRam

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he doesnt have too bad of an arm. maybe with better coaching he can bulk up that arm.
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keepnitgangsta1 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
keepnitgangsta1 wrote:
iRaMs wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
keepnitgangsta1 wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
CalifornianRam wrote:

Maybe "zero" arm strength was a bit of an overstatement, but I'll just say that his arm strength isn't a strength of his.

I don't disagree but it's not quite a weakness either. It's right in the middle.

RamRod

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares about Brandstater or Davis? Barrett Trotter is gonna beat them both out. Laughing
keepnitgangsta1

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamRod wrote:
Who cares about Brandstater or Davis? Barrett Trotter is gonna beat them both out. Laughing

*wishing we still had Thaddeus Lewis*

My NFL Draft Thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: