Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Keenan Lewis Pro Bowl
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
BigBiss


Joined: 23 Jan 2010
Posts: 109
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ImissEricGreen wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
Steelers CBs shouldn't be judged on how many starts they have as D. Townsend was arguably the Steelers best CB since R. Woodson. D. Town sat the bench for years before he finally got a chance to play. K. Lewis biggest is/was problem is his inability to play consistent from down to down. From a CBs perspective the last play never existed, but to K. Lewis he'd let the last play follow him around from play to play. I believe K. Lewis is a C. Scott type CB meaning if he's a starter he'll get you at least 4-6 Ints, but we'll get beat for just as many TDs.
K. Lewis is the best tackling CB on the team, which is why I think he should be moved to SS.


I dont agree but i think he has the skill set to move to FS and be a better option there then what we have as back ups
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
byerly724


Joined: 25 Jul 2009
Posts: 193
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just wanted to point out that james harrison sat the bench and was cut an awful lot before he blow up one year. Stranger things have happen and i would be excited if it happened. But my bet is Allen or Brown beat him out anyways.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62212
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt it but I do think he will start and I'm glad he is confident in his abilities. Thats always a good thing.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Preseason 8; Final Cuts 31; Reg Season 39
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Gatoradus


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 2216
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's right about being a future pro-bowler, just not at CB. I think he's more than willingly to play some FS in future because even Steelers FO seem to show more preference toward Curtis Brown and Cortez Allen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
at23steelers


Joined: 05 Mar 2011
Posts: 3721
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
I think he's right about being a future pro-bowler, just not at CB. I think he's more than willingly to play some FS in future because even Steelers FO seem to show more preference toward Curtis Brown and Cortez Allen.


What makes you say that??
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whit09


Joined: 15 Dec 2009
Posts: 1308
Location: East of Pittsburgh
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
I think he's right about being a future pro-bowler, just not at CB. I think he's more than willingly to play some FS in future because even Steelers FO seem to show more preference toward Curtis Brown and Cortez Allen.


Not sure where you're getting this, as if Lewis messes up, he may be gone because he is on course to be an unrestricted free agent next year. The pressure on him to produce this year is huge.
_________________

...Thanks to UofMfan909
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelProven


Moderator
Joined: 20 Apr 2005
Posts: 11862
Location: Ramstein, Germany
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curtis Brown/Cortez Allen will have to play out of there skin along with K. Lewis pulling another Denver to start this season. I think they'll be a injury of some sort and Allen/Brown will get a chance to showcase there skills. That's the only way younger players have gotten on the field the past few years with the Steelers.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
3rivers


Joined: 01 Jan 2011
Posts: 2177
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lets hope Lewis makes the defunct probowl and plays like it in the playoffs. Taylor was all hype about being a shutdown, then he stunk in the most important game. Taylor benefitted from having a lousy cb opposite him. If Lewis plays well, we will find out for sure what Taylor's game really is, and we know taylor can't catch.

As long as it isn't willie 22 or Bmac , we can all be happy about that. I really hope the cb's step up because the DL is a question mark heading in.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Steelers546


Joined: 19 Dec 2010
Posts: 1601
Location: Pittsburgh
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
lets hope Lewis makes the defunct probowl and plays like it in the playoffs. Taylor was all hype about being a shutdown, then he stunk in the most important game. Taylor benefitted from having a lousy cb opposite him. If Lewis plays well, we will find out for sure what Taylor's game really is, and we know taylor can't catch.

As long as it isn't willie 22 or Bmac , we can all be happy about that. I really hope the cb's step up because the DL is a question mark heading in.

lol, I wouldn't mind that at all.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
3rivers


Joined: 01 Jan 2011
Posts: 2177
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Keenan Lewis Pro Bowl Reply with quote

SteelBuckeye wrote:
New article on NFL.com has Lewis saying he will be going to the pro bowl this year. I like that he is confident enough to say this but I hope this doesn't blow up in his face.



http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82956552/article/steelers-keenan-lewis-predicts-pro-bowl-trip-?module=HP11_headline_stack


Looks like he has played really good, especially since the front 7 doesn't get that much pressure. Considering 56 has not had much of a passrush as well as 92 and the DL gets no pressure, the credit has to go to the DB's. Troy is out and this all speaks volumes about Lewis and his skills IMO. We have 2 good corners and a 3rd that could be good in C Allen. Clark has played well too, but Lewis deserves credit and I hope he goes to the probowl. He has way more passes defensed , but INT's are what most voters probably go with. Quite an upgrade over recent CB's that for some reason started instead of Lewis Embarassed I had to get that last part in Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HeySteelers


Joined: 16 Nov 2006
Posts: 6132
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewis plays his best corner in bump-n-run coverage how is he a better fit for safety? Lewis doesn't play as well with everything in front of him. Lewis has been excellent in coverage this year. Best pair of corners we have had in years. He should be the first person we resign.

You people are crazy whom think he should switch top safety.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
MOSteelers56


Joined: 17 Jan 2008
Posts: 5149
Location: Anywheresville Missouri
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HeySteelers wrote:
Lewis plays his best corner in bump-n-run coverage how is he a better fit for safety? Lewis doesn't play as well with everything in front of him. Lewis has been excellent in coverage this year. Best pair of corners we have had in years. He should be the first person we resign.

You people are crazy whom think he should switch top safety.

Check the dates on these posts brosef lol. They're from May, which is why a lot of people are down on Keenan.
_________________

gopherwrestler makes sigs I wanna make sweet love to
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group