Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Thoughts on Rookie Camp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Thoughts on Rookie Camp Reply with quote

Just some thoughts about reading about the rookie camp

♦ The competition at WR is going to be fierce. Sanu looks as advertised, Marvin Jones returning punts sounds like a direct challenge to Tate even have a chance on making the team. Kashif Moore is faster than fast. Binns looking good. Add all those guys to Whalen/Tate/Hawkins/Shipley and it's going to be real competitive. Of course, it sounds like Shipley may start the year on the PUP, which would open the door for my cheeseball Kashif Moore. Dalton has to be pretty happy with all the guys, and I hope we don't bring in a vet just to bring in a vet. I like that AJ has taken charge of the WR's and we have a good group of hungry young guys with talent chomping at the bit to play opposite someone as talented as AJ

♦ Sounds like Burfict is going to get every opportunity to make this team. The only real competition for a LB spot may be between Lamur and Skuta to backup Howard at WLB. Rey and Muck are pretty likely at MLB other than Burfict. Lawson and Moch are pretty etched in stone at SLB.

♦ A little worried about Dre, he had some troubles with rookie WR's. We need him to step up and contribute immediately if Hall has to go on the PUP. He can get some nickle time if Hall is ready to go.

♦ Love all the big bodies we added on the lines. Zeitler, Still, and Thompson is really going to improve our interior line consistency on both sides of the ball.

♦ The more i think about and hear about it, getting pumped for the Gresham/Charles 2 TE sets.

Next up is the full team mini-camp, and we can maybe get a little more of an idea on how things might shake out or at least how they are leaning going into training camp at the end of July.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dre was much better in press man than zone at Bama. Think it will take time for him to transition to our zone coverage...
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dre will be fine. Wr battle would be worthy of Hard Knocks, it will be so intense. Throw in the fact that we have 2 quality receiving Tes and noone should worry about the #2 spot. it will be a comittee approach.

The D-line should have a monster year. And the two TE sets are going to be nightmares for the Steelers and ravens to match up with.
theJ

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Dre was much better in press man than zone at Bama. Think it will take time for him to transition to our zone coverage...

Not to mention he wasn't tested much his last year in college. I think he's going to need some time to readjust to NFL offenses targeting him, and not shying away from him.

I'm not too worried either. I think the coaches are good, and from the articles i've read his work ethic is good (spending his free time practicing his footwork in the hallways).

INbengalfan wrote:
Throw in the fact that we have 2 quality receiving Tes and noone should worry about the #2 spot

I agree. I've been saying this for a while, but the "#2" WR spot will be the fourth target essentially behind AJ, Gresham and Shipley/Hawkins. That person doesn't need to be a 1000 yard threat, because the team in all reality probably only needs 500-700 yards out of him.

And it sounds like that spot will be an intense battle between Binns and Sanu. I like competition.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
wrminning

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bottom line is this team as the depth to go all out for 16 + games something that hasn't been true of past Bengal teams. Is this enough to push pass the Steelers and Ravens is hard to tell, afterall Talent, Belief and Luck play equal parts in how a season turns.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: