Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The 2012 Jacksonville Jaguars
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoJo122-b-21

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update-ish on Scobee's contract talks

He should be one of the top three highest paid kickers.

This is why you pay the man:
Quote:
The Jaguars drafted Scobee in the fifth round of the 2004 draft. Since then he has made field goals longer than 50 yards in all but two seasons. Scobee has made 78.8 percent of his field goals during his career and kicked seven game-winners.

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some thoughts from Bucky Brooks on the Jags on twitter:

https://twitter.com/#!/BuckyBrooks

Quote:
Today I spent some time checking out the #Jaguars and #Falcons offenses to get a feel for how Mike Mularkey will use his weapons in Jax..

Initial thoughts.. Love MJD as the centerpiece, but team has to find ways to alleviate his workload.. More screens and swings could do it

M.Lewis is a weapon over the middle, but the lack of a No.1 WR made him easier to defend.. J.Blackmon will be a monster on the outside

1st big time WR in Jax since Jimmy Smith retired.. He could put up crazy numbers if B.Gabbert gets it together.. I will tell you why on Mon.

Hint: WR coach Jerry Sullivan is one of the best in the biz.. Helped A.Boldin, D.Boston, Herman Moore and others to Pro Bowl honors..

Excellent teacher.. He will teach Blackmon the finer point of route running and help him become a dominant WR from Day 1.. #coachingmatters

@mando262: @BuckyBrooks who do u think will line up opposite of Blackmon?" L.Robinson at WR w/Thomas in slot.. Solid WR corps in JAX

@Motowncool: @BuckyBrooks Did you make pics for NFL Rookie of the year on O and D yet? Who'd you pick?" Hmmm. Richardson or Blackmon on O

TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess Bucky Brooks isn't that bad when he ACTUALLY does some research. Laughing

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
McMorrow_922

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
Some thoughts from Bucky Brooks on the Jags on twitter:

https://twitter.com/#!/BuckyBrooks

Quote:
Today I spent some time checking out the #Jaguars and #Falcons offenses to get a feel for how Mike Mularkey will use his weapons in Jax..

Initial thoughts.. Love MJD as the centerpiece, but team has to find ways to alleviate his workload.. More screens and swings could do it

M.Lewis is a weapon over the middle, but the lack of a No.1 WR made him easier to defend.. J.Blackmon will be a monster on the outside

1st big time WR in Jax since Jimmy Smith retired.. He could put up crazy numbers if B.Gabbert gets it together.. I will tell you why on Mon.

Hint: WR coach Jerry Sullivan is one of the best in the biz.. Helped A.Boldin, D.Boston, Herman Moore and others to Pro Bowl honors..

Excellent teacher.. He will teach Blackmon the finer point of route running and help him become a dominant WR from Day 1.. #coachingmatters

@mando262: @BuckyBrooks who do u think will line up opposite of Blackmon?" L.Robinson at WR w/Thomas in slot.. Solid WR corps in JAX

@Motowncool: @BuckyBrooks Did you make pics for NFL Rookie of the year on O and D yet? Who'd you pick?" Hmmm. Richardson or Blackmon on O

Bucky Brooks knows best Smile

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope Blackmon contends for OROY and gains chemistry with Gabbert

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

I don't think he has much of a chance at ROY. But he should build chemistry by the end of the season.

- Gus Bradley
sadjag

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

I don't think he has much of a chance at ROY. But he should build chemistry by the end of the season.
It's not inconceivable if Gabbert turns around. This is a great place for a rookie receiver because the door is wide open for someone too show up and snatch that #1 spot. Unlike someone like AJ Jenkins who has Crabtree, Manningham and Moss too compete with for catches.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadjag wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

It's not inconceivable if Gabbert turns around. This is a great place for a rookie receiver because the door is wide open for someone too show up and snatch that #1 spot. Unlike someone like AJ Jenkins who has Crabtree, Manningham and Moss too compete with for catches.

I'm not criticizing Gabbert. But like MPV, the rookie award has become a quarterback award. Also, if Luck or Griffin don't get it, I think it'll be because they just couldn't deny Trent.

- Gus Bradley
McMorrow_922

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
sadjag wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

I'm not criticizing Gabbert. But like MPV, the rookie award has become a quarterback award. Also, if Luck or Griffin don't get it, I think it'll be because they just couldn't deny Trent.

If Blackmon catches for 1000 yards its a possibilty. Hoping luck & RG3 have average years. And TRICH dont go crazy.

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-

Last edited by McMorrow_922 on Mon May 14, 2012 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr. V

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McMorrow_922 wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
sadjag wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

If Gabbert catches for 1000 yards its a possibilty. Hoping luck & RG3 have average years. And TRICH dont go crazy.

If any QB has 1000 yards receiving, I'd be amazed.

Thank you daboyle250 for the sig.
McMorrow_922

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. V wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
sadjag wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

If Gabbert catches for 1000 yards its a possibilty. Hoping luck & RG3 have average years. And TRICH dont go crazy.

If any QB has 1000 yards receiving, I'd be amazed.

haha my bad main. i meant Blackmon.

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
MoJo122-b-21

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McMorrow_922 wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
sadjag wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

If Blackmon catches for 1000 yards its a possibilty. Hoping luck & RG3 have average years. And TRICH dont go crazy.

He'll have to be better than AJ Green to get it. It's not easy for receivers to gain near All Pro caliber play as rookies, but that's what has to happen to win the award.

Regardless, I think Trent will run away with it if he stays healthy. If the Redskins flirt with the playoffs, there will be too much exposure for RG3 to have the award go to anyone else.

- Gus Bradley
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
sadjag wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

He'll have to be better than AJ Green to get it. It's not easy for receivers to gain near All Pro caliber play as rookies, but that's what has to happen to win the award.

Regardless, I think Trent will run away with it if he stays healthy. If the Redskins flirt with the playoffs, there will be too much exposure for RG3 to have the award go to anyone else.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
sadjag wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

Trent will surely have the opportunity. I could see that guy being similsr to what MjD was to are offense was last year. He will be pretty much all they have. Weeden has no weapons.

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
MoJo122-b-21

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
sadjag wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

The sad part is that I didn't see it Cool

- Gus Bradley

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: