Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Terrell Suggs tears Achilles
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mddeckie


Joined: 07 Sep 2008
Posts: 377
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

according to the ravens official site, Suggs did suffer a partial tear and doctors gave him a 4-6 month recovery time.. There a good chance sizzle will be back playing by November
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sp6488


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 8179
Location: MD
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mddeckie wrote:
according to the ravens official site, Suggs did suffer a partial tear and doctors gave him a 4-6 month recovery time.. There a good chance sizzle will be back playing by November


As long as he is in good shape by the playoff push/playoffs, then I'm happy.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
sp6488


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 8179
Location: MD
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/58426/suggs-confirms-partial-tear-after-surgery

Quote:
The NFL Defensive Player of the Year would likely miss games against the Bengals, Eagles, Patriots, Browns, Chiefs, Cowboys and Texans. That would mean the Ravens will be without Suggs, their top pass-rusher, for only two games against teams with passing games that ranked in the top half of the NFL last season.


I think the only question now is... Is Ozzie Newsome a better GM now that Suggs isn't missing the entire season? Wink
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
diamondbull424


Moderator
Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 12785
Location: Baltimore, MD
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
mddeckie wrote:
according to the ravens official site, Suggs did suffer a partial tear and doctors gave him a 4-6 month recovery time.. There a good chance sizzle will be back playing by November


As long as he is in good shape by the playoff push/playoffs, then I'm happy.

This has been my thinking all along. I think we might see him get some limited snaps IF he is able to return by November and then we'll see him utilized more and more as a specialist as we head into a potential playoff push (though that will be a difficult push to make with this schedule... Though I definitely think us capable). I think the most critical question in the end just might be how the coaches handle/brace for him coming back. It would mean someone healthy losing a roster spot and potentially being lost... And what if Suggs is still just a couple weeks away when week 6 rolls around... I'm assuming we gamble on his recovery, but it's still a tough decision to make. Especially if our young guys are #ballintoamaximum. We might have to part ways with a Michael McAdoo and maybe he's out there giving us quality minutes....
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dark ops


Joined: 23 Mar 2010
Posts: 99
Location: Los Angeles , CA
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear that he should be back for the final push of the season. We should able to be alright without him for the 1st half of the season and a few games after the bye. Next man up!!!!
_________________
BALL SO HARD UNIVERSITY!!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flaccomania


Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Posts: 20323
Location: Parkville, MD
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:

Doctors confirm Suggs' 4-6 month recovery time table and his prediction that he should be able to return in November at the latest.

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2012/05/13/john-harbaugh-ravens-defense-can-withstand-loss/
_________________


^ I don't quite get why simon made this my losing sig about the Chiefs. I don't think I've made a single post in this forum.

XBL GT: kanxalanx
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RAVINGMADD


Joined: 15 Jan 2009
Posts: 2512
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's great that he will definitely be back by November. This could turn out great if we can bring him back slowly and he gets it going while still being fresh right before the playoffs. Gives us plenty of time to figure out how we play the other guys across from him when he gets back fresh and healthy for the playoffs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
drd23


Moderator
Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Posts: 5107
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
Update:

Doctors confirm Suggs' 4-6 month recovery time table and his prediction that he should be able to return in November at the latest.

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2012/05/13/john-harbaugh-ravens-defense-can-withstand-loss/

...pending no set backs in recovery and his rehab going well. And even then, its hard to say what sort of explosiveness he'll have so soon after the injury.

But that said, its still much better than the 11 months that full tears/ruptures take
_________________

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flaccomania


Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Posts: 20323
Location: Parkville, MD
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
Update:

Doctors confirm Suggs' 4-6 month recovery time table and his prediction that he should be able to return in November at the latest.

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2012/05/13/john-harbaugh-ravens-defense-can-withstand-loss/

...pending no set backs in recovery and his rehab going well. And even then, its hard to say what sort of explosiveness he'll have so soon after the injury.

But that said, its still much better than the 11 months that full tears/ruptures take


Agreed. I'm not sure how close to100% he'll be when he returns but I'm hoping that he can maybe get back to even 80% of what he was come playoff time.
_________________


^ I don't quite get why simon made this my losing sig about the Chiefs. I don't think I've made a single post in this forum.

XBL GT: kanxalanx
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group