Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How are they doing?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saints4life44

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: How are they doing? Reply with quote

I haven't seen or heard anything about how the mini camps went this weekend. Does anyone no any info on what they did and how the players performed? I would like to know who has stood out so far. Anyone got any info?

NS922
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, at least 4 guys didn't impress enough to stay on the team.

Quote:
The club has also waived tackle Dan Hoch, guard Nick Howell, linebacker Stephen Johnson, tackle Phil Trautwein and cornerback Josh Victorian.

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/news-and-events/article-1/New-Orleans-Saints-Announce-Roster-Moves/57676635-88f0-49a0-8a6b-2b41022686d9

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go!

http://www.sportsfanlive.com/web/article?action=viewArticle&articleId=12388955&team=nfl-new_orleans_saints&tid=twitter

Also:

Quote:

Twitter
jvarneyTP:
Spagnuolo says Greg Romeus, "Didn't look out of place, he looks the part." Romeus coming off a year on IR. [via Twitter]
3:33

Twitter
TripTP:
When asked if any rookies stood out, #Saints Joe Vitt said WR Nick Toon had a good weekend, caught the ball well, ran well. [via Twitter]
3:34

Twitter
jvarneyTP:
"He went full speed in his pursuits and that was encouraging," Vitt says of Romeus, Saints draft pick in 2011. [via Twitter]

Twitter
TripTP:
#Saints VItt also said he liked Akiem Hicks' speed and range. [via Twitter]

There are more on that twitter.

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to lie, I get horned up for Rmoeus. I think he will be a gem this season

Adopt-A-Saint:
Kenny Vaccaro 45 Tkls 4 PD 1 SCK 2 INTs
Ben Watson 9 Rec 64 Yds
Harper41

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope Jerico Nelson makes the team and my sleeper choice is Jose Gumbs, kids got crazy athleticism.

RTR
GFalcon wrote:
go saints
Harper41

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Jose Gumbs just tweeted at me. Night. Made.

RTR
GFalcon wrote:
go saints
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
I really hope Jerico Nelson makes the team and my sleeper choice is Jose Gumbs, kids got crazy athleticism.

There was a tweet that Spags was high on both of those players and another free agent Safety.

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
milesles

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2012/05/new_orleans_saints_minicamp_of.html

Quote:
The coaches also marveled about the signing of undrafted safeties Jerico Nelson, Johnny Thomas and Jose Gumbs.

Defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo said the trio showed the potential to become NFL players despite not being selected in last month's draft.

"That's a good group," he said Monday. "There are three guys that the pro personnel department signed after the draft, three young guys. I just said this to Mickey (Loomis) this morning that that's as good a group of three post-draft that you could get. Now where we'll go or what will happen, who knows. We've still got to get in there and compete, but I thought all those guys -- Jose Gumbs, Jerico Nelson, Johnny Thomas -- all did enough things to say, 'These guys have a chance.' So we'll see."

This defense is going to be very different. If Will Smith and Vilma don't win their appeals our front 7 will have 4 or 5 starters that didn't play a down for us last season. Jordan and Ellis being the only 2 that are locks.

Jenkins, Greer and Robinson are locked into their spots and Harper will be on the field a ton, I'm thinking on passing downs he may play more of a LB type of position, either way the battle for the 5th and 6th DB spots will be insane.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: