Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Prospects to keep an eye on
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
XSsoCX wrote:
A big hell no to the Honey Badger, he is far to small to cover top NFL wideouts. Can you imagine him up against Calvin Johnson? That guy is 6'5 and he's barely 5'9, he will get torn up in the league.

You can say that about almost any CB in the league, "They don't match up with Calvin Johnson!"

He's not a big player but he was 19 on the field last year, and there are successful CBs in the league at his height. If he puts on some weight the size criticism won't be as big of a deal if he can still run and make plays. Look at Troy Polamalu, he's not very big for a safety, but he can tackle and cover and has a knack for making plays so he's one of the best safeties in the league.

Don't take this as support for him, just that if you're going to criticize him you should be pointing out how Bama abused him in the NC game or something more relevant.

Agree with Roekg. I don't like Tyron Mathieu as a 1st round or top starting CB in the NFL, but the comparison to covering Calvin Johnson, AKA Megtron, AKA MAN CHILD, he's abused the best of the best starting CBs in this league, so that's a load of crap reason for not liking him.

Mathieu gambles too much, too small, and was exposed by Alabama in the National Championship game horribly. Heck, I can't even name the WR that abused him in that game, so that's something that's a huge negative.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised to see so many down on Mathieu. He definitely struggled in the National Championship game, I won't argue with that, but I have to say that for as long as I have been watching college football I have never seen a defensive player with his instincts. He truly is a joy to watch. Does he gamble? Sure, but he gambles right more often than not.

He'll get knocked for his size, and I get that. I'm not sure if he can man the outside either...but I think that he can be a game-breaking FS. He is a rare talent that can help you in a variety of ways. I see a little Polamalu in him with the way that he breaks on the football and throws his body around.

Barron + Mathieu would be a deadly safety combo.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're going to draft a safety next year i'd rather have a guy like Lamarcus Joyner instead of Tyran.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEgMmXj8H0c

Props to Eggy
Adopt-a-Buc
Josh Freeman
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seminolebuc wrote:
If we're going to draft a safety next year i'd rather have a guy like Lamarcus Joyner instead of Tyran.

He's another guy that will get knocked for his size, but he's definitely talented. He goes for the big hit a bit too much for my liking, though.

I'd be happy to have him. Not over Tyrann though Wink

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
Seminolebuc wrote:

He's another guy that will get knocked for his size, but he's definitely talented. He goes for the big hit a bit too much for my liking, though.

I'd be happy to have him. Not over Tyrann though Wink

I like Joyner alot. I got to see him play in highschool when St. Thomas Aquinas came to town. Also a big FSU fan so Im still watching alot of him.

If were going to go safety I would rather have Eric Reid from LSU. Or Robert Lester from Bama. The safety class next year is deep so I think we can get a solid starter.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
XSsoCX wrote:
A big hell no to the Honey Badger, he is far to small to cover top NFL wideouts. Can you imagine him up against Calvin Johnson? That guy is 6'5 and he's barely 5'9, he will get torn up in the league.

You can say that about almost any CB in the league, "They don't match up with Calvin Johnson!"

Haha.

Okay, okay good point.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seminolebuc wrote:

What do you guys think of TJ McDonald?

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XSsoCX wrote:
Seminolebuc wrote:

He's good, but Reid's better. But both of them are 1st-round prospect at the moment. I think the other S spot is a need, but one that can be addressed later. CB is a must for round 1 unless everybody steps it up.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt-a-Buc - Johnthan Banks 40 Tackles 2INT 5PD
USFTAMPABAY20

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
XSsoCX wrote:
Seminolebuc wrote:

He's good, but Reid's better. But both of them are 1st-round prospect at the moment. I think the other S spot is a need, but one that can be addressed later. CB is a must for round 1 unless everybody steps it up.

Still personally think lb is our number 1 priority... or defensive line. CB is important but i dont think that both talib AND barber will be gone... and if they are then they will address some of that in FA next year. I would rather have a 2nd round corner and a first round LB on the team then visa versa

Adopt A Buc

Dekota Watson:

EJ Biggers:
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see us extending Talib next year however I can see dominik placing the tag on him. Giving Talib a long term deal is very risky. He still has to survive this trial in June.
5nick5

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USFTAMPABAY20 wrote:
5nick5 wrote:
XSsoCX wrote:
Seminolebuc wrote:

Still personally think lb is our number 1 priority... or defensive line. CB is important but i dont think that both talib AND barber will be gone... and if they are then they will address some of that in FA next year. I would rather have a 2nd round corner and a first round LB on the team then visa versa

An interesting scenario to look at would be Darrelle Revis. I believe he becomes a FA this year, and while the Jets would certainly want to place a tag on him, if he somehow makes it to the open market then we could pounce. He still might be mad about the Jets wanting to bring in Scrabble last year. It's pretty far-fetched though.

REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
USFTAMPABAY20 wrote:
5nick5 wrote:
XSsoCX wrote:
Seminolebuc wrote:

An interesting scenario to look at would be Darrelle Revis. I believe he becomes a FA this year, and while the Jets would certainly want to place a tag on him, if he somehow makes it to the open market then we could pounce. He still might be mad about the Jets wanting to bring in Scrabble last year. It's pretty far-fetched though.

Revis signed a 4 year extension almost 12 mil per before the 2010 season. Still has 2 yrs on his deal.
5nick5

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
5nick5 wrote:
USFTAMPABAY20 wrote:
5nick5 wrote:
XSsoCX wrote:
Seminolebuc wrote:

Revis signed a 4 year extension almost 12 mil per before the 2010 season. Still has 2 yrs on his deal.

Damn. If the corners suck again this year let's just ship them all out for Revis. He alone would do a better job at covering then all of them combined.

DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Brian Price gone and talk of Star Lotulelei starting to pick up, I think it's pretty clear that most people feel that NT is a need that we'll need to address. Here are some other names to keep an eye on.

Sheldon Richardson, Missouri
Michael Brooks, East Carolina
Jesse Williams, Alabama
William Campbell, Michigan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
With Brian Price gone and talk of Star Lotulelei starting to pick up, I think it's pretty clear that most people feel that NT is a need that we'll need to address. Here are some other names to keep an eye on.

Sheldon Richardson, Missouri
Michael Brooks, East Carolina
Jesse Williams, Alabama
William Campbell, Michigan

Jesse Williams is an intriguing option. He might be my 2nd favorite prospect at DT aside from Lotulelei

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: