Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DaQuan Bowers suffered a torn Achilles
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
PolarBucc06 wrote:
Quote:
2) Dominik sits tight and gets a long look at the current bodies in camp while keeping a keen eye on the waiver wire. Tucker is certain the Eagles will cut one of their talented ends, “Jason Babin, Brandon Graham, Trent Cole, Darryl Tapp, and they drafted Vinny Curry in the second round,” Tucker said. “They can’t possibly all make the roster.”
Source: www.joebucsfan.com

I would be up for this route. It will likely be Brandon Graham or Daryll Tapp obviously, but I think either would be an excellent addition considering our current situation.
I seriously they cut Graham. Babin seems like the one to go seeing that he is the most overpaid out of that group and they have Curry to take over for his spot. Tapp, Graham, or Babin would be good additions to this team seeing that we need some good depth at LE now.

You think they're gonna cut Jason Babin the guy that had 18 sacks last year? Instead of a bust like Brandon graham?
BBando

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
indifference wrote:
PolarBucc06 wrote:
Quote:
2) Dominik sits tight and gets a long look at the current bodies in camp while keeping a keen eye on the waiver wire. Tucker is certain the Eagles will cut one of their talented ends, “Jason Babin, Brandon Graham, Trent Cole, Darryl Tapp, and they drafted Vinny Curry in the second round,” Tucker said. “They can’t possibly all make the roster.”

I would be up for this route. It will likely be Brandon Graham or Daryll Tapp obviously, but I think either would be an excellent addition considering our current situation.
I seriously they cut Graham. Babin seems like the one to go seeing that he is the most overpaid out of that group and they have Curry to take over for his spot. Tapp, Graham, or Babin would be good additions to this team seeing that we need some good depth at LE now.

You think they're gonna cut Jason Babin the guy that had 18 sacks last year? Instead of a bust like Brandon graham?
Babin really isn't that good though. All he does is get sacks and that is literally it. Horrible in run d.

garbage
mfw096

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
indifference wrote:
PolarBucc06 wrote:
Quote:

Babin really isn't that good though. All he does is get sacks and that is literally it. Horrible in run d.

Sounds like a player I would want....
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
indifference wrote:
PolarBucc06 wrote:
Quote:

Did you just say that a guy with 30.5 sacks in the last two years "isn't that good" Shocked

Mike Evans 49 - 841 - 8
BBando

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
BBando wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
indifference wrote:
PolarBucc06 wrote:
Quote:

Did you just say that a guy with 30.5 sacks in the last two years "isn't that good" Shocked
The guy who was a bust his first his first 6 years into the league? The guy who was awful until Jim Washburn became his coach and threw him in that glorified position in the wide 9 called DE. Yeah I said that.

garbage
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
BBando wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
indifference wrote:
PolarBucc06 wrote:
Quote:

The guy who was a bust his first his first 6 years into the league? The guy who was awful until Jim Washburn became his coach and threw him in that glorified position in the wide 9 called DE. Yeah I said that.

Why did the Panthers change their offense to fit Cam? Why is everyone saying the Skins should cater to RG3 and what he feels comfortable with? Foster wouldn't be as good if he didn't play in a zone scheme, DMC isn't going to do as good this year because they are changing the blocking scheme. Nnamdi played like garbage last year, why isn't he as good playing zone?

The guy is a beast rushing wide, big deal Confused

Mike Evans 49 - 841 - 8
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
I feel horrible for Bowers. So much promise Sad

George Johnson has a big opportunity this year. He was dominant during the preseason, but he had his season cut short with a knee injury. If he's healthy I think that he can soften the blow. Bennett/Johnson should be serviceable, but I think that we'll need to address DE early in next year's draft.

Already we have major needs going into next offseason, and I don't know which we need the most, but I guess we'll decide that after this 2012 season is done. But right now I'd go, MLB, CB, DE, S, DT, TE

Ill disagree with the 2013 offseason needs. MLB could be a non issue after this year. S might not be a problem if Grimm and Tandy (assuming that is where he will play) do well this season alongside Barron. DT is up in the air as well. A solid year from McCoy, Price, and Okoye make DT not that much of an issue. Really, I think our needs go, CB, DE, TE. Then maybe, MLB, DT, S.

Smack ^
#FireLovie
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
BBando wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
indifference wrote:
PolarBucc06 wrote:
Quote:

Babin is only good behind Jim Washburn's DL coaching. Seriously, that has been his coach all the years he has actually been good. With that said, Washburn is not our DL coach so I dont want him but Babin is still good. Cole and Curry are obviously on the team. Why wouldnt they keep Graham and Tapp? Both would be solid backups and thats only 5 DL.

Smack ^
#FireLovie
ChaoticBuc3125

Location: From Boston, MA ... Hate Pats and rest of NFCS GO Bucs!
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this kills...

Bucs need to be ringing the phone of Giants and Eagles inquiring about a DE.

Congrads to 55 on HOF! To Revis FU! & MG#8 & his mob must go!
indifference

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
indifference wrote:
PolarBucc06 wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, Babin isn't really that great. He is more of a product from the wide 9 scheme which basically makes him a liability by default regarding run D. I can see him getting cut despite his production. Trent Cole is the main focus and Babin aren't the player teams game plan for. Its funny to believe Babin is dominant or something like his number indicate.
5nick5

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel terrible for Bowers. The guy can't catch a break. Hopefully it's not too severe.

As far as filling the gap for at least this year, could we possibly send a mid to late round pick for Kiwanuka off the Giants? His buzz has died down quite a bit, so he could be had for a decent price. And he was pretty good until he got lost in the shuffle.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6463/daquan-bowers

Quote:
Bucs GM Mark Dominik is holding out hope that DE Da'Quan Bowers (Achilles' surgery) will play late in the 2012 season.
It's a long shot, but does confirm Bowers will be placed on PUP rather than I.R. "He’s going to do his rehab with Shannon Merrick, who is one of the best rehab gurus in the NFL, which is why guys have been able to come back like they have at a quicker pace," Dominik said. "We hope it does the same thing for him."

Mike Evans 49 - 841 - 8
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bucs GM Mark Dominik said DE Da'Quan Bowers (Achilles' surgery) is still a candidate to play in 2012. Sometime in October, the Bucs will decide if he'll be shut down via injured reserve. "It's encouraging to know that that's at least going to be up for discussion," Dominik said. "Instead of worrying about 2013, we're still talking about 2012

I want to see him play as much as the next guy but please don't rush him back!

Mike Evans 49 - 841 - 8
epicMustache

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:
Bucs GM Mark Dominik said DE Da'Quan Bowers (Achilles' surgery) is still a candidate to play in 2012. Sometime in October, the Bucs will decide if he'll be shut down via injured reserve. "It's encouraging to know that that's at least going to be up for discussion," Dominik said. "Instead of worrying about 2013, we're still talking about 2012

I want to see him play as much as the next guy but please don't rush him back!

Yeah... Achilles injuries are really serious, especially for a DE. Who knows if he can ever get his burst back. No need to rush this man back onto the field.

THE PACK MAN wrote:
... but the Packers wouldnt be as good if they had the 49ers defense.

- Adopt a Buc -
Dekoda Watson: 14 tackles, 1 sack, 1 pass defended, 1 interception
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't wanna see him on the field for this season. Let him come back next year.

Adopt-a-Buc Lavonte David 10 Games | 115 Tackles (14 for loss) | 2 PDs | 2 FFs | 1 FR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: